Forum › Stella Record discussion

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Talk about jumping to conclusions

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Breakneck speed, the series!

Seriously, I didn't expected so much development in just 1 chapter!

joined Feb 10, 2022

"She's a virgin for sure..." So does that mean kyouko is not virgin anymore? Cause it looked like it. Anyway don't mind me but somehow seems things are gonna get complicated

Img_20190914_203449_543
joined Apr 14, 2020

After reading the first chapter somehow i don't like kyouko, now im shipping Ritsu with the new chara

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

I like it, a lot. So I’m sensitive, I’m sorry, but I don’t like angst. I seem to be in the minority. Also, I still like it. Maybe I’m confused.

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

...that was a lot to take in. Not the "a great story with a plot that involves a lot of thinking" but the kind that has a short introduction and fast paced story and at the end it's a short cliffhanger that only provides a question mark.

Not only that, but who the hell is Akane? We weren't given her full name but Ritsu and Akane are both first names.

???

last edited at Jun 27, 2022 12:54PM

joined Jan 3, 2020

I like it, a lot. So I’m sensitive, I’m sorry, but I don’t like angst. I seem to be in the minority. Also, I still like it. Maybe I’m confused.

Angst sucks, and it makes you feel bad. However, it increases the positive emotions generated at the resolution of it by a strong amount.

I guess you could say angst is like a simulant.

There are some people who prefer the pure fluff stories, which are just about kissy couples with lots of handholding and no domestic conflict... but I've found my emotional state to be particularly susceptible to angst. Stories with some low points make the high points feel that much higher.

joined May 3, 2014

"Hey, a new series! I like the art! Let me check this artist page to see if they have any other wor--OH NO!!!!"

To be fair, this series at least starts with IMMEDIATE yuri. Hopefully I won't be pulling my hair out as the story progresses, but I'm gonna continue reading with a cautious mind.

have you read the afterword??? there will be an agressive rival T^T that sounds really bad like god damn painfuly bad!!!!

joined May 3, 2014

LET'S BANG!
LOOOL that blew my head hahahaha oh wow, yeah I'm super curious like we get such a hurricane of development but not enough answers and then a rival, I'm with everyone else on this, cautious but very curious !

I'm also curious about Kyouko past sexual experiences, because she doesn't have any insecurity and knows how to go around it, it was a really fast development but she was also very concerned and careful to make it right... so of course I have to wonder, did she had a girlfriend before while living together with Ritsu or a boyfriend?? or she's just that enthusiastic?

Because the manga implies that yes Kyouko is a virgin 0 experience but no mention about Ritsu, in fact Ritsu says "oh right she's a virgin for sure" like she has confidence about these things already.

Not a big deal if she's a virgin or not but thinking about living together with someone you love and seeing that person have a partner must HURT! and if her (theoretically) previous partner was a girl, I doubt Kyouko would've waited so long to confess.

Pros: Looks fun! I love both main characters and even the friend and the art
Cons: the third girl in the mix... The dreadful possibility of NTR, it's too soon for aaangst!!

Anyway thank you for finding these works and sharing them!

WAY IN ALL THAT IS HOLY YURI WILL YOU THINK THIS MANGA WILL CONTAIN NTR!!!!!!!
do peoolw really think that crap of tag is used that much in your every day manga? that shit is only popular in hentai and should stay there

joined May 3, 2014

Angst sucks, and it makes you feel bad. However, it increases the positive emotions generated at the resolution of it by a strong amount.

I guess you could say angst is like a simulant.

There are some people who prefer the pure fluff stories, which are just about kissy couples with lots of handholding and no domestic conflict... but I've found my emotional state to be particularly susceptible to angst. Stories with some low points make the high points feel that much higher.

thing is the author way of doing angst matter way to much, like it can be a lot of angst and little payoff at the end, it can have disgusting twists that never get’s solved and the pay off will feel like an polished turd! so yeah angst especialy if it’s not the long tag I won’t have an iszue reading.

tho when I see more tags with aaaaangst that clearly spells the most gut wrenching situation……I nop out of that manga really fast!

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

awwwwww this story is so cute and wholesome. also i love how kyouko didn't think it was weird that her best friend who is a girl was in love with her. as the years pass by, i find myself having less patience for the whole "b-but we're both girls" dialogue.
the talk about consent and boundaries was also very nice and it is great to see it being explored more in manga!

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

My only comment is that Princess Daphie is never wrong. Thank you your highness, even though I am completely confused about the first chapter...must have` been drawn with a break neck speed.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Can't get enough of their eyes' and mouths' expression. It's too good and accurate.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

okay with the added context of chapter zero this is getting better and better, I look forward to potentially seeing more.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

My only comment is that Princess Daphie is never wrong. Thank you your highness, even though I am completely confused about the first chapter...must have` been drawn with a break neck speed.

Thank you so much!!! Praise accepted humbly and I feel fulfilled! I hope the one shot will help you and everyone understand things better :)

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Ah Daphie thank you for chapter zero that actually helped a ton went and reread chapter one as well. Looking forward to chapter two. Do hope we don't get an aggressive rival no means no stop being pushy. I hate pushy people lol. Let them have angst of going from friends since middle school to lovers that's more then enough in the angst department.

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

I worry about the introduction of the new girl at the end of chapter 1 but otherwise this looks nice. Can't believe daphie's doing something non-het for once loool

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

That “friend” in the prologue is a complete bitch, casually joking and encouraging sexual assault and when Kyouko rightfully gets angry, she brushes it off as an over reaction. Good riddance to her, hopefully the only other time we see her again is when she gets her comeuppance

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

That was great =w=

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Ok, this makes a lot more sense with chapter 0 added in, but I have different concerns now. The oneshot had good pacing, but the first chapter on a second read through still feels like it's paced very poorly. I'll hold it making a final decision when chapter 2 comes out, but this might just not be for me.

joined Jun 11, 2016

That “friend” in the prologue is a complete bitch, casually joking and encouraging sexual assault and when Kyouko rightfully gets angry, she brushes it off as an over reaction. Good riddance to her, hopefully the only other time we see her again is when she gets her comeuppance

Agreed! And did that boy just offered to sexual assault her wtf? Those "friends" are homophobic as hell.

Also wow, I didn't notice how badly paced chapter 1 was until now. Granted, I was very confused at chapter 1 at first so maybe that's why I didn't notice it.

Not sure how I feel about this new character, seem rather forced. Does the author want a love triangle? Or did that new girl just mistake Ritsu for someone else?

last edited at Jul 27, 2022 12:20AM

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Hear, hear! And now that shitty friend knows she is a lesbian, It may only be a matter of time before the whole campus learns about it. I hope it doesnt go the mass bullying route.

F7e7c9f162ec42798aef981ac8f87a64
joined Sep 23, 2017

"So she's a lesbian" Wtf why is she assuming bc she likes a girl that she's automatically a lesbian...... Author, if u wanna do your work, at least do it correctly...

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

"So she's a lesbian" Wtf why is she assuming bc she likes a girl that she's automatically a lesbian...... Author, if u wanna do your work, at least do it correctly...

Author is doing it correctly. The automatic assumption is that if someone this ignorant learns a guy hit on a guy, or girl on a girl, IS that they're gay/lesbian. Have you not talked to any old regular Joe or Jane about this sort of topic? Try it sometime, and you'll run into someone like this sooner rather than later.

That is all they know, and all they understand. Anything more complicated than that is just "a phase or confusion" or "someone being a pervert".

last edited at Jul 27, 2022 5:12AM

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Why are you blaming the author for this? Do you think this is an unrealistic response? Are we in the timeline where prejudice is finally gone for good and I didnt get the memo?

To reply you must either login or sign up.