Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

joined Apr 6, 2012

TL notes reference a way to support this manhua, with a discord link. Can someone post a comment here with a link that does not require joining yet another discord?

carlosraruto
Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

A man of Yuri (100% Purity)

I see you are a fellow man of culture

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

GARTH BEST BOY!!!
SUCK ON THAT SYSTEM!
THE TRUE WINGMAN HAS ARRIVED!

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

”Something far more profound lay behind his remarkable powers of observation.”

a deep love of the yuri genre

I’m dead

Seems like they’re going with the nuclear option of ‘how can I date her when the two of you are already a couple.’

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Such a mystery innit?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Alright what the hell, I guess it is funny that this guy is literally a yuri fan in-universe, but it seems a bit too much on the nose for me :P

Well, as Yvonne says, it is an otome game...

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

alright Garth you're just going for it huh, well you'll need to considering that Yvonne is at this point literally going "I am the sole singular person Elsa cannot be with". Like she's not even going we can't date because we're both women, it's specifically "I'm the villainess and thus the only person on this planet who couldn't be the one for her".

But Garth doesn't know about the Villainess System. Nobody knows, not even Elsa.

If other people knew that some kind of god-like power forces Evie to periodically hurt Elsa, and sometimes hurt her REAL BAD, they would understand better Evie's contradictory feelings.

As it stands, nobody has a clue... and Elsa is just puzzled by Evie's wild mood swings from passionate attachment and possessiveness to trying to push Elsa as far from her as possible. (◞‸◟;)

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

"But the villainess will never be a love interest option."

Rae Taylor: Laughs

Also I feel like there might be something that doesn't make a whole lot of sense about Garth being a mega yuri fan in this otome game world but I'm just gonna choose not to think about it that much because I like it.

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

Little bro is actually the gigachad

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hauteclere posted:

Also I feel like there might be something that doesn't make a whole lot of sense about Garth being a mega yuri fan in this otome game world but I'm just gonna choose not to think about it that much because I like it.

That line is interesting, how can this girl think about the villainess not being a love interest and at the same time wonder why she's jealous... It doesn't get more obvious than that! so I'm glad the yuri danshi is here to tell her right in the face because that level of density can form galaxies

joined Jul 14, 2021

Garth is a hero we needed :v

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Hauteclere posted:

That line is interesting, how can this girl think about the villainess not being a love interest and at the same time wonder why she's jealous... It doesn't get more obvious than that! so I'm glad the yuri danshi is here to tell her right in the face because that level of density can form galaxies

She knows that [i]she[/i] likes Elsa, even if she doesn't want to admit how much, but she also thinks that she has to play the role of Villainess, which precludes a romantic relationship with the Heroine.

To put it into context, the first scene of the manga showed the Villainess system trying to force Evie to either actively push Elsa off a roof or watch her jump; the implication being that she would either die or be severely injured as a result of the fall. When Evie refused those two options the system proceeded to severely punish her.

How eager would you be to date someone you care about if you knew your continued proximity to them would likely result in you having to kill them, someone else your care about, or yourself? Wouldn't it be easier, and safer, to deny their feelings, and your own, in the hopes that they could find someone who isn't an active hazard to their continued health and well being? Just pretend that you're not obviously in love with each other, so you can tell yourself it'll hurt less when they leave?

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Alright what the hell, I guess it is funny that this guy is literally a yuri fan in-universe, but it seems a bit too much on the nose for me :P

Would you rather not help them? I only see a caring soul doing *yuri*Gods job

joined Apr 14, 2022

Also I feel like there might be something that doesn't make a whole lot of sense about Garth being a mega yuri fan in this otome game world

I can buy that, since gacha games have a wide variety of personalities so at least one will appeal to someone's tastes, but Yvonne should really know about his yuri-obsession with her meta-knowledge.

Miku
joined Feb 27, 2016

Hauteclere posted:

She knows that [i]she[/i] likes Elsa, even if she doesn't want to admit how much, but she also thinks that she has to play the role of Villainess, which precludes a romantic relationship with the Heroine.

To put it into context, the first scene of the manga showed the Villainess system trying to force Evie to either actively push Elsa off a roof or watch her jump; the implication being that she would either die or be severely injured as a result of the fall. When Evie refused those two options the system proceeded to severely punish her.

How eager would you be to date someone you care about if you knew your continued proximity to them would likely result in you having to kill them, someone else your care about, or yourself? Wouldn't it be easier, and safer, to deny their feelings, and your own, in the hopes that they could find someone who isn't an active hazard to their continued health and well being? Just pretend that you're not obviously in love with each other, so you can tell yourself it'll hurt less when they leave?

That's definitely what's going on in her head. She wants to be with her, but can't due to that system. That's why she's actively trying to get her with one of the prospective male leads as the system will become obsolete once the heroine gets together with one of them, meaning she can finally be close to her without issues, but their relationship will only become as friends, not lovers.

Also I feel like there might be something that doesn't make a whole lot of sense about Garth being a mega yuri fan in this otome game world

I can buy that, since gacha games have a wide variety of personalities so at least one will appeal to someone's tastes, but Yvonne should really know about his yuri-obsession with her meta-knowledge.

There's actually a pretty good reason why she didn't know.

last edited at May 29, 2022 10:43PM

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Garth's plan was such a genius move, first time seeing this kind of strategy being used in this context.

BortzObsessed
8abdf478-6a82-44b1-8f02-abaa8c9ba316
joined May 20, 2022

Honestly, The Yuri Goddess really blessed us with Garth. This plan seems fool proof…Actually no I’m sure Yvonne will try to compartmentalize and come up with some type of excuse to ignore Elsa’s feelings.

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Best boi Garth

Things are lookin' interesting :3 I'm looking forward to the next one :D

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Garth the MVP,lets' go!

Get your sister hitched with the one she should be with.

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Best part of yuri-bro is that he outright vetoes the stupid trope of "Let's pretend to be lovers to get the other girl jealous".
Garth confirmed best yuri-bro right next to the kid from "I'll Cheer On My Yuri Onee-chan"

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Brilliant to play the "What do you mean we haven't been dating for the past two months?" card.

Miku
joined Feb 27, 2016

Brilliant to play the "What do you mean we haven't been dating for the past two months?" card.

The answer is they're not dating for the past couple of months. It looks like they're already a married couple

joined Apr 14, 2022

I'm reserving judgment until we see how this actually pans out, but contrary to everyone else I don't really understand the point of this plan so far. If I were in Yvonne's position I would 100% think the most natural conclusion, by far, was that Elsa was lying to blow Garth off, by using Yvonne as her "beard".

joined Aug 13, 2021

Garth is a king.

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

One Of Us One Of Us
honestly I cant wait for how this will play out it will either work immensely well or it would work horribly for the relationship. Though judging from the author stating it would be somewhat light hearted story Im gonna assume it will work out quite fine.

To reply you must either login or sign up.