Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Gee, I wonder who fits that criteria.

Really putting the "useless" in "useless lesbians" there, Evi.

All she can see is herself hurting Elsa. So, her being a love interest would never occur to her.

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Gee, I wonder who fits that criteria.

Really putting the "useless" in "useless lesbians" there, Evi.

All she can see is herself hurting Elsa. So, her being a love interest would never occur to her.

Not to mention she is firmly in the thought that she is in a STRAIGHT otome game that doesn't have a yuri route. So she is intentionally denying her own feelings to keep herself and Elsa from getting hurt.

joined Apr 14, 2022

Not to mention she is firmly in the thought that she is in a STRAIGHT otome game that doesn't have a yuri route.

The thing that throws me off about this is, she keeps thinking "game this game that". But does the villainess system even have anything to do with the game at this point? I thought the "point" of the system was to make the MC into a damsel in distress, triggering events where she's saved, but... no knight in shining armour came to save her before her wrist was injured

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Not to mention she is firmly in the thought that she is in a STRAIGHT otome game that doesn't have a yuri route.

The thing that throws me off about this is, she keeps thinking "game this game that". But does the villainess system even have anything to do with the game at this point? I thought the "point" of the system was to make the MC into a damsel in distress, triggering events where she's saved, but... no knight in shining armour came to save her before her wrist was injured

The purpose of the system is still a mystery, when they were still in the academy, the system probably acted like that, if Evie chose point adding choices Elsa would probably get saved. But now that the game is over, the purpose of the system is even more of a mystery, is it there to just hurt Elsa at this point? Concerning.

Also that does make me question, what do the points from the system do? Evie has probably never chosen a point adding option, or at least when she's not being forced to, so maybe there's a system shop or something from Chinese manhuas with the same system trope but eh I don't read any of them.

last edited at May 9, 2022 9:49PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Game could be breaking. Sort of like the world of fairytales illusion in Witcher 3 Blood and Wine.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Help me out, people. My knowledge of astronomy and physics doesn't go far enough.

What's denser than a neutron star? I want to put a proper tag on Evie.

Yatsude_ohmy_50_2
joined Dec 22, 2020

A black hole. No insight can escape its gravity.

(if you treat the event horizon as the volume, then they get less dense the more massive they are, but a small black hole is still more dense.)

last edited at May 10, 2022 1:28AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I am not sure it is physical to speak of black holes as having a density, since unlike neutron stars, black holes are not really composed of stuff, i.e. matter with mass. The event horizon is not really a thing, so much as a boundary between our spacetime and that of a singularity, and while we can assign a "density" score to its contents, it is not constant but an inverse-square of said contents' mass (which is why, as qqvtn said, black holes with less than about 5.5 solar masses should be denser than most neutron stars). That said, even neutron stars vary a bit in their density, depending on their size (though not nearly as much as black holes -- within a single order of magnitude), while at standard temperature and pressure, neutronium should be a gas even less dense than molecular hydrogen. It is the degenerate neutronium that forms under extreme gravity and pressure that most people think of as the ultimate density measure.

tl;dr Neutron stars are as dense as it gets with normal matter. If you allow for spacetime shenanigans, stellar-mass black holes under 10^28 metric tons are what you want. Or you could always call up your mom. ;P

last edited at May 10, 2022 4:14AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Akiji posted:

Help me out, people. My knowledge of astronomy and physics doesn't go far enough.

Once again: She's not dense, she's in denial. People really need to start reading the thread before posting seeing as discussion is kinda the entire point of a forum.

Miku
joined Feb 27, 2016

Akiji posted:

Once again: She's not dense, she's in denial. People really need to start reading the thread before posting seeing as discussion is kinda the entire point of a forum.

Yep, definitely in denial, as there were no Yuri route in the original game, so she doesn't think that the heroine have any romantic feelings for her. Her mindset is that everything should go as the original game should go and the villainess system as well keeps on popping up as long as they are together and whenever there are no potential ML in the vicinity. That system is like a shackle to her, thinking that the game routes won't deviate from its set course.

last edited at May 10, 2022 7:43AM

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Anyone know where one can find like the fully updated novel in English because. Like. I hate cliffhangers and ahhh lmao

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

"What's your type?"

"Well, if I had to say I'd go with inwardly kind, fair haired, taller than me, slender, stronger than they look..."

Evie: (Does such a person exist?)

"...named Evie...."

Evie: (That's a strange name for a boy.)

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Anyone know where one can find like the fully updated novel in English because. Like. I hate cliffhangers and ahhh lmao

unfortunately it seems like the only translation of the novel is the one on this site that's on chapter 6 so no avoiding cliffhangers unless you learn chinese.

joined Dec 13, 2020

tl;dr Neutron stars are as dense as it gets with normal matter. If you allow for spacetime shenanigans, stellar-mass black holes under 10^28 metric tons are what you want.

So the answer would be a black hole, the smaller the better?

I'm convinced now: Yvonne's mother's maiden name was Blackhall.

This makes her name Yvonne Smolle(s)tt Blackhall, which suits her to a T.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

tl;dr Neutron stars are as dense as it gets with normal matter. If you allow for spacetime shenanigans, stellar-mass black holes under 10^28 metric tons are what you want.

So the answer would be a black hole, the smaller the better?

I'm convinced now: Yvonne's mother's maiden name was Blackhall.

This makes her name Yvonne Smolle(s)tt Blackhall, which suits her to a T.

Hah, that's a good one. Even if it's less Yvonne being dense and just her not being willing to accept it.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Hope this helps. :)

last edited at May 10, 2022 4:14PM

joined Mar 20, 2012

Look for the novel in Chinese and use Google translate. It's terrible but it's the only option right now.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Hope this helps. :)

While your idea is correct, the image is misleading in implying that space curvature around black holes is finite, when, in fact, as far as we know, it is literally infinite, i.e. their gravity pool has no bottom, unlike on your picture. If you have to place black holes and Evie on the chart, you have to replace the black circle with an downward arrow, indicating that its spacetime curvature is infinite, then add a small omega next to Evie's well, indicating that her spacetime curvature is transfinite.

I agree with that assessment, by the way. It's just that denial isn't fun, while denseness is, and this is a series I'd much rather have fun with than take super seriously.

last edited at May 11, 2022 6:25AM

joined Jul 21, 2020

It's just that denial isn't fun, while denseness is, and this is a series I'd much rather have fun with than take super seriously.

Yep. They could talk the same way about every series out there with useless lesbians.
"No she's not useless people she's a victim of comphet. She's trying to make her family happy. She thinks she has a duty towards her nation. She already has a husband and thinks marriage is forever. She wants babies and needs a partner who can fecundate her. She treasures their friendship and thinks she'll ruin it if she confesses. She believes gay love is a sin against God. She doesn't want to be hated and ostracized by society."

All of them fine and solid arguments, doesn't change afaiac she's useless.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It's just that denial isn't fun, while denseness is

Oh, I don't know, Adachi and Shimamura gets amazing fun out of pure denial.

joined Dec 13, 2020

The letter, combined with Yvonne's unusual absence, terrifies me.
Don't tell me Yvonne wrote a Dear Jane and left forever...

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

There seems to be an ongoing discussion to determine whether Evie is dense or in denial.

To find the answer, I did a diligent google search and quickly found some relevant data.

As it turns out, this matter about the density of people in denial is an old one and has been scientifically studied!

As you see, the density of people in denial is a well-known phenomenon and subject of research.

Heck, this one article is just an example; I found dozens of papers on the subject!

Thus we can reasonably conclude, with the support of scientific research and the scientific community, that Evie is both in denial and woefully dense.

Science is always the answer. ( ^^ )v

last edited at May 11, 2022 6:00PM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Yvonne is planning to hitch Elsa to her Leinster cousin, right? Come on, nobody mentioned it yet but I can't be the only one who thought of it!
Remember? Two chapters before we got a lengthy exposition about Yvonne's relatives the Leinsters. There was a Leinster boy who was Yvonne's cousin (her mother's sister's son) and he was about her age and they got along well. When I read it, I asked myself: "Why the info dump? Why should we care about these people?" But I get it now. I'm willing to bet money that the Leinster cousin has the same looks as Yvonne and matches Elsa's description of "her type" perfectly!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

There seems to be an ongoing discussion to determine whether Evie is dense or in denial.

To find the answer, I did a diligent google search and quickly found some relevant data.

As it turns out, this matter about the density of people in denial is an old one and has been scientifically studied!

As you see, the density of people in denial is a well-known phenomenon and subject of research.

Heck, this one article is just an example; I found dozens of papers on the subject!

Thus we can reasonably conclude, with the support of scientific research and the scientific community, that Evie is both in denial and woefully dense.

Science is always the answer. ( ^^ )v

Goddamit, I've been positively outscienced (and outpunned) by a single Google search. :-(

last edited at May 12, 2022 3:05AM

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

Yvonne is planning to hitch Elsa to her Leinster cousin, right? Come on, nobody mentioned it yet but I can't be the only one who thought of it!
Remember? Two chapters before we got a lengthy exposition about Yvonne's relatives the Leinsters. There was a Leinster boy who was Yvonne's cousin (her mother's sister's son) and he was about her age and they got along well. When I read it, I asked myself: "Why the info dump? Why should we care about these people?" But I get it now. I'm willing to bet money that the Leinster cousin has the same looks as Yvonne and matches Elsa's description of "her type" perfectly!

I think you're definitely onto something. I've just reread that chapter and you're right: with such an info dump about the Leinsters, it's a given they're going to play a part in whatever Yvonne's about to do. It's called the dramatic principle of the gun of the Russian guy whose name I can't recall.

Looking forward now to when Yvonne shows up with her cousin in tow and says 'look Elsa, I've got you a MALE version of ME for you to date!'

To reply you must either login or sign up.