Forum › When We Get Closer discussion

joined Jan 22, 2015

26 is middle aged?

God I hope not. I'm already 26.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

The inklings of something that could be real good, but it was hard for me to follow the second half. I liked it when it was hot muscled disaster lesbian unable to stop focusing on a cute girl.

We need more muscle stuff tbh, there's not enough hot buff butches on this website. So at least this is filling a bit of a void.

Thanks for the relationship web btw that helped a lot

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

26 is middle aged?

I’m 31, guess I should start preparing for retirement. Pension should be kicking in aaaanyday now…

joined Jan 25, 2021

26 is middle aged?

She was talking to her boss, the one who got her the gym coupons. Took me a second to figure it out. c.c

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Thank you so much. Really. I wasn't clear about certain links.

last edited at May 23, 2022 10:31PM

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

Aaaaand due to censorship in China, this story won’t go anywhere.

Is this all online? Posted In which country?

Tell me you know nothing about chinese censorship without telling me you know nothing about chinese censorship.

Besides, I'm like 99% sure that this comic is not from mainland china because its 1. Not long strip, and 2. Has literal uncensored tits and sex scenes throughout the story. If I had to guess I'd bet this was taiwanese.

God, I'm so sick of comments like the op showing up in every single GL manhua on here lmao. But whatever, I'll answer those questions.

This is a personal project, the only thing that's getting censored is the occasional nudity and homo kiss scenes. Yes, this is all online. Yes, this is also posted from mainland China, just not in the usual format you'd find it in.

The artist used to post this on pixiv (one of the many workarounds to censorship), so that's why the scan group was able to rip it without needing to decensor anything. However since subsequent chapters are not (due to reasons not related to censorship), they'll be posted on weibo instead and will require decensoring.

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

“China” is a black-list word to me—mangas published there are not worth the time to read.

Ngl you're just punishing the artists for things that are out of their control. Everyone wants the freedom to create, and when that freedom is compromised, they have to make (minor) sacrifices, and it's our job as readers to keep supporting them despite that if you ever want more GLs to read in the world.

Because fyi, GL is not a money making machine in China as compared to BL, so creators are literally making themselves poorer to tell stories that they want instead of doing whatever puts food on the table (which I wouldn't blame them for).

joined Sep 6, 2018

26 is middle aged?

I’m 31, guess I should start preparing for retirement. Pension should be kicking in aaaanyday now…

Talk about pressure! 25.6 years average marriage age for women over there (in 2017). There’s gotta be some leeway for educated women… surrogacy should be welcomed. Government policy to allow 3 kids/woman is bonkers. I think it would be funny to have kids to pay taxes… that’s my “Modest Proposal”.

This sort of social pressure to get married so soon does force a debate on whether women get educated over there or not. Those in Afghanistan can’t even have that debate. My stance is in line with Lee Quan Yew’s views: the alphas get paid, the betas don’t, and the gammas get snipped.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

This was the last place I expected to see UCLA depicted (that's Powell Library on page 40).

joined Aug 21, 2017

The info dump was a little rough and I agree with others that the missing noses look weird, but I like the fact that all the characters are 20+ years old and the setup seems interesting enough. I think this looks promising.

TheEternalShade
20230425_150259
joined Aug 25, 2021

Sorry, I won’t be following this one ever since “Their Story” got censored.

I haven't followed "Their Story" in a while (the New Years chapter where they first kissed, if I recall. Maybe a few afterwards.). Mind filling me in on what happened?

last edited at May 18, 2022 3:44AM

Glsp3y3v_400x400
joined Nov 19, 2020

i wasn't sure at first, but...

this artist rly knows how to draw hot ladies, wowowowowow @w@

joined Dec 13, 2020

I haven't followed "Their Story" in a while (the New Years chapter where they first kissed, if I recall. Maybe a few afterwards.). Mind filling me in on what happened?

Not the right place. Go find a more suitable place to ask questions about other series and (presumably) start a debate on censoring.

TheEternalShade
20230425_150259
joined Aug 25, 2021

Not the right place. Go find a more suitable place to ask questions about other series and (presumably) start a debate on censoring.

Don't care THAT much. I was just looking for a quick run-down, if anything.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Thank you so much for the chart! I like this but the last part was confusing.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Thanks! Did you make this? Super helpful.

Yee I threw it together real quick earlier, since I had nothing better to do with my sleepless night anyhow :D Y'all are welcome~

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This chapter has the density of the first chapter of a novel, not that of a (web?)comic. We have the intro to the leads (the whole POV switcheroo was just there to split up their individual introductions despite them first appearing together in the same scene), then the flashback to establish Jiang Ting's background and her supporting (workplace) cast, then the flashforward to setup the first part of the driving conflict (JT and Yang Qingzhano now sleeping with each other), as well as learning more about YQ. Then we jump in space (to the US) to establish the second-to-last plot thread (Zhou Yushan) and the other half of the driving conflict (ZY's feelings for JT). Juggling multiple plot threads and time frames is a pretty standard fare for novelists, but I haven't seen many comic writers engage in it.

I am half-expecting the second chapter to go into more detail into the secrets YQ hides on her phone, which were foreshadowed but not expanded upon in the first. On the other hand, JT has been very literally established as the main POV character (as well as literally the central one, as @Giftnova's helpful chart demonstrates), so maybe the author will hold off that reveal until JT actually learns about it.

joined Dec 30, 2020

Oh my. This might be something amazing

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Talk about pressure! 25.6 years average marriage age for women over there (in 2017). There’s gotta be some leeway for educated women… surrogacy should be welcomed. Government policy to allow 3 kids/woman is bonkers. I think it would be funny to have kids to pay taxes… that’s my “Modest Proposal”.

This sort of social pressure to get married so soon does force a debate on whether women get educated over there or not. Those in Afghanistan can’t even have that debate. My stance is in line with Lee Quan Yew’s views: the alphas get paid, the betas don’t, and the gammas get snipped.

Clueless1, I will do the favour of assuming you speak out of ignorance rather than malice. I'm going to ask once that you take your ignorance out of this thread and not return. In the future, avoid cluttering manhua threads with discussions of: censorship, Their Story, and unrelated governmental policy. Thanks.

As an aside, this translation is creator-approved and there's a high likelihood the artist will read these comments. I hope there won't be further disrespect of their work here. Thanks.

Edit: This thread has been cleaned of unproductive comments. These may be recovered at any time with a request in the FAQ thread.

last edited at May 18, 2022 10:22AM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Kinda microchephalic.

Kgprv5p
joined Aug 28, 2016

i really like the style! but it's a bit hard to follow

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Jiang Ting feels bored.
Jiang Ting pays a visit to the gym.
Jiang Ting makes the hottest, sexiest lady in the gym fall for her at first sight.
Just another day in the life of Jiang Ting.

(Me, jealous? What makes you think that? Of course I'm not jealous! Whaddya mean my nose is growing?)

joined Jun 3, 2014

emoji faces

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Getting a kind of "L Word but with multiple Shanes" vibe from this. Into the subscribe list!

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Jiang Ting feels bored.
Jiang Ting pays a visit to the gym.
Jiang Ting makes the hottest, sexiest lady in the gym fall for her at first sight.
Just another day in the life of Jiang Ting.

Don't forget foxy goth/punk chick in Los Angeles who can't forget Jiang Ting and is coming back all the way from there just to fuck her again.

To reply you must either login or sign up.