Forum › Mage and Familiar discussion

joined May 29, 2021

Well it's a Zanka manga alright. Though I'm a bit worried from now on Zanka is just gonna let each series just kind of peter out. I suppose they aren't exactly plot heavy though...

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Cute! Thought I recognized the art. Zanka really loves Master/servant dynamics. Well I’m here for it, especially with kemonomimi characters.

i took a glance at the author when i thought this artstyle was kind of familiar. turns out it was zanka.
this gives off maid and mistress vibes, although not particularly maid and mistress (i think? LOL). oh and new zanka manga release?!? thats epic

last edited at May 5, 2022 11:01PM by

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Narrator: "Zanka's back! And this time it's magic!"

joined Oct 25, 2010

A great talent with another beautiful story that may have great potential! It feels heart-warming and I expect many cute and wonderful scenarios with the witch and her sweet familiar!

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

God I love zanka

joined Jul 4, 2018

bro, this author be back with the goods. never change, zanka

joined Jul 21, 2020

"Yes well, so I'm a top class mage, right? And I can create life from nothing! So I decided to make these incredibly beautiful sexy girls who are impossible to tell from real humans! But then these girls fall madly in love with me and they want to have sex with me! Oh what a predicament I'm in, oh I'm so pitiful, oh woe is me!"

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Zanka has such an obsession with creating maids that they've now created a character that created a maid.

joined Sep 10, 2021

I do think we need someone to put Zanka's work in a real plot. Canon, Akiyama Haru or maybe Takashima Hiromi
I mean it's good that we have tons of cute stuffs but a good story will place Zanka on a better spot

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

The real magic is how Zanka creates not only the same manga but the same chapter every time, and yet it works every time. How mysterious.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

I never thought it was possible for Zanka to create something sexier than her usual catgirl, I'm so glad they proved me wrong.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

When you recognize an artists fetish before their art….

joined Aug 17, 2021

A great talent with another beautiful story that may have great potential! It feels heart-warming and I expect many cute and wonderful scenarios with the witch and her sweet familiar!

You mean the witch and her horny familiar? Lol

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

The lack of a maid tag confused me initially.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

What kind of heathen worker of profane magicks makes a cute familiar and DOESN'T think about banging her? I thought this girl was supposed to be good at this witchcraft thing!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

The real magic is how Zanka creates not only the same manga but the same chapter every time, and yet it works every time. How mysterious.

Yup. If I had to take a stab at why it works--
We never get tired of wish fulfillment and well drawn gorgeous girls (and their boobies).

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I was worried about Zanka for a bit, too, but then I saw that the familiar was wearing a maid uniform under her cloak, and everything was right again.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

I was worried about Zanka for a bit, too, but then I saw that the familiar was wearing a maid uniform under her cloak, and everything was right again.

The day there is no maid in a Zanka yuri shall be the day I despair

cakeEnthusiast
Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

i kneel

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

What word os being translated as "Familiar" in this manga exactly? If the witch created her, wouldn't she be more of a homunculus? Doesn't "familiar" usually mean an already-extant creature that a magic user formed a bond with?

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

well at least the mage realizes the mistake of giving her creation a worship complex when it interferes with her free will

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

What word os being translated as "Familiar" in this manga exactly? If the witch created her, wouldn't she be more of a homunculus? Doesn't "familiar" usually mean an already-extant creature that a magic user formed a bond with?

I think a familiar refers more to the relationship between the mage and familiar, rather than just its nature.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Yep, it's a Zanka manga all right. And I love it. I can't wait to read 50 more chapters of the same premise.

...If that sounds sarcastic, it really isn't meant to. I'm all in for this. Give me more please.

I don't know what was used here, but the word most often used for familiar in Japanese has been used for summoned spirits, homonculi, and contracted creatures. All that seems to be required for the title is a marginally supernatural entity bound/contracted to a mage.

last edited at May 6, 2022 6:09AM

De00e7f3-5d55-4e3c-951c-ebac52dc90c4_1_102_o
joined Jul 14, 2021

idk, I feel like "mage and familiar" isn't the correct translation from Japanese, maybe "mage and maid" would be closer? yeah I feel like it would

:v

To reply you must either login or sign up.