Forum › I Kissed a Succubus discussion

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I want Fuu to win since Konomi won in the original work but I think it will be some love triangle mess. To be fair, in the original work it was leading up to a triangle as well right before it ended so I guess it was already pre-determined and the serialization is just changing the order the triangle forms.

I've been confused about this for a while, I read the other version of this story and in the last developments Yukiko had sex with Fuu a couple chapters after declaring her love and having sex with Konomi. And it ended there. Are there more chapters I don't know about?

No, after the Assault chapter the series was scrapped and reworked into this.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

prepare for trouble
make it double

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Happy you guys liked the chapter, it was completed during a rough time for me, so it was fun to read your comments! These little succubi manage to keep me invested :)

Thanks for your hard work! I love the little commentary sections after each chapter.

K11
joined Apr 26, 2020

This is seriously getting interesting

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

It feels weird that Succubi have something akin to biological marriage after all of the talk about how the natural succubus lifestyle is supposed to involve so much sleeping around. I know the tattoo has been trope forever, but it feels more like an omegaverse mating bite in this context

joined May 1, 2015

Succubus 101
The lewd crest entails a lot of responsibility.
Use it wisely.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

It feels weird that Succubi have something akin to biological marriage after all of the talk about how the natural succubus lifestyle is supposed to involve so much sleeping around. I know the tattoo has been trope forever, but it feels more like an omegaverse mating bite in this context

Thinking about this series does have somewhat of an Omegaverse feeling.

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

I'm sure it's just there to be a) sexy and b) a source of Drama, but it kinda makes sense if you think of it as varying survival strategies. Succubi, at least this version of them, are basically parasites that feed off humans. And you can either go for a wide strategy of feeding from as many people as possible, which reduces your reliance on any single source at the cost of taking more work and time; or you can "settle down" with a single human and feed just from them, which is theoretically more stable and provides better results over the long term. And the tattoo thing is a way of both increasing the efficiency and warding off competitors.

Obviously, the bottom line is just "ecchi comic about Teens having Feelings," so I dunno if it was written that way, but it's interesting to think about! (...at least, to me it is...)

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

gonna be honest, i just wanna see some fuu x yukiko love happenin.

But I have a very wierd feeling fuu is gonna end up with another succubus's crest followed by 10 chapters of drama and yukiko and fuu finally living a happy but very draining life together

edit: For some reason, I want Fuu to have Konomi's seal. It would just be funny

last edited at Apr 15, 2022 4:25PM

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I'm sure it's just there to be a) sexy and b) a source of Drama, but it kinda makes sense if you think of it as varying survival strategies. Succubi, at least this version of them, are basically parasites that feed off humans. And you can either go for a wide strategy of feeding from as many people as possible, which reduces your reliance on any single source at the cost of taking more work and time; or you can "settle down" with a single human and feed just from them, which is theoretically more stable and provides better results over the long term. And the tattoo thing is a way of both increasing the efficiency and warding off competitors.

Obviously, the bottom line is just "ecchi comic about Teens having Feelings," so I dunno if it was written that way, but it's interesting to think about! (...at least, to me it is...)

Oh I agree, it still fits the world building well enough. I’m mostly just amused that the author needed a new narrative device to give a strong biological imperative for succubus monogamy

joined Jul 26, 2016

Oh I agree, it still fits the world building well enough. I’m mostly just amused that the author needed a new narrative device to give a strong biological imperative for succubus monogamy

I believe the technical, literary term you're looking for is "asspull".

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

I'm just reading this to see who Fuu ends up with at this point. I don't think it'll be Yukiko anymore

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

now this is a complete 180 from the original one and i love it

joined May 3, 2014

I'm just reading this to see who Fuu ends up with at this point. I don't think it'll be Yukiko anymore

and what pray tell has given you any clue on that???? it’a clearly that Fuu either ends up with yukiko or no other person since we didn’t got any character that Fuu has any other feelings for, and no that weird girl ain’t on the list since she has mental issues, like really serious hit to the head or something

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Finally got the chance to read this over, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how big an improvement it is over the original. My prediction for the endgame is that Fuu ends up with Yukiko, and Nozomi picks up the rebound after she gets to know Konomi better, but maybe the author will do something crazy.

joined Feb 10, 2022

now this is a complete 180 from the original one and i love it

It was since the beginning. Same characters and almost all the story rewritten

joined Feb 10, 2022

Poly is the best solution. Both can give their "Crest" to fuu and go in a three way relationship tho idk if she can receive more than one. I don't like nozomi so I'd dislike it if the author pair her and konomi after all what nozomi did to her. I still like the konomi/yukiko like it was going in its first version

last edited at Apr 16, 2022 7:32PM

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

I finally got around to reading the serialized version, up to the latest chapter (18). Read the original as it came out and wanted to reread it real quick before starting this one, to remind myself where it stopped. I felt like the original had a better flow with its story beats. The reveal that Fuu knew about them being succubi and Yukiko not remembering showing Fuu her true form and Yukiko/Konomi developing a non energy based relationship felt more natural in the original. Although, I'm glad the love triangle still seems pretty 50/50 (or at worst 60/40). At its core it's just a childhood friend vs new attractive person triangle, but I think the succubus dynamics each has really make both pairs feel unique.

As a sucker for childhood friend pairs, I'm glad Fuu seems to be the more likely choice, in the serialization. Even in the original when she had a bit of a villainous tone to her actions and dialogue, I was still kind of rooting for her. I like the Konomi route, about succubi loving each other despite only viewing sex as a means of survival. Especially, with how much of an emphasis they put on NEEDING humans for energy. But, Yukiko relating to Fuu about feeling like an outcast and sharing her own alienating secret, Fuu's interest in (wo)man eating predators, like sharks, and also thinking Yukiko's succubus form is still pretty, and both of them still wanting to be more to each other than just food/energy. I just think they have more love with each other. But, I'd still be cool with Yukiko/Konomi or more so a poly ending(especially if this was the original).

Images%20(1)
joined Jun 11, 2020

Konomi has the saddest backstory, is so sad BeTrAyAl

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I'm surprised Fuuko is so popular. Every time she calls Konomi "that girl" she just seems like such an asshole.

What a certified b****.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

ngl, i seem to have lost track of all the characters a bit. other than yukiko, fuu and konomi it's kind of a blur.

also, 'lewd crest' is such a ridiculous term, they keep saying it, and every time all i can imagine is like, a heraldic coat of arms that's all boobs and dicks and whatnot.

last edited at May 22, 2022 1:05AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

also, 'lewd crest' is such a ridiculous term, they keep saying it, and every time all i can imagine is like, a heraldic coat of arms that's all boobs and dicks and whatnot.

gdi cannot unthink the mental image >.<

Zzhohcp%20(1)
joined Oct 7, 2021

I like this story, but the pacing is kinda horrible atm.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

'lewd crest' is such a ridiculous term, they keep saying it, and every time all i can imagine is like, a heraldic coat of arms that's all boobs and dicks and whatnot.

Thank you. I giggled for a long time at that thought.

To reply you must either login or sign up.