Forum › I Wish Her Love Could Come True discussion

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Never said that, but your dumb it's okay.

can you take your disgusting self deprecation somewhere else damn it

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

This went from heartwarming to heart wrenching to disturbing real fast...

More please!

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Really sorry. Well it's not your fantasy who disguste me sorry, i'm just to offended when i see people who talk about polyamory everywhere. But i'm not against a good story with that if it exist. I think we had a "good" polyamory series one year ago? i don't have the name but it wasn't bad.

Thank you for the apology, I appreciate that. I get it can be annoying to see people want to shove stuff into every story. And yeah, we're getting more healthy representation of polyamory every year! I honestly don't know if this would be one of them though lol I feel like it'd prolly bungle the message

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Uh, oh—bad behavior in a fictional story. Time to break out the torches and pitchforks.

(And for anyone out there delusional enough to believe that stories are guidebooks to proper behavior: they’re not. Please make a note of it.)

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

honestly more than the molestation happening I wonder if it's going to be addressed because in stories like these it tends to be less the act itself that's a problem and more if the story actually frames it as a problem or just "this is fine actually"

So I'll be holding my opinions until we get to see at least a little more first

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Never said that, but your dumb it's okay.

can you take your disgusting self deprecation somewhere else damn it

I'm sorry for my words, but I refuse to be attributed things I haven't said. I said it was probably normal to feel bad about the last few pages of the chapter, and they're trying to connect it to the idea that I don't like people who talk about polygamy everywhere they go and especially where it doesn't make sense just to saying i'm more offended by polyamory than mollestation, it's so wrong.

My english is far to be perfect, i can do many mistakes but i'm pretty sure that wasn't the case in the concerned message.

One more time, sorry.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

always complaining.....

11143587_983945991615710_6019435042284427906_n
joined Jan 29, 2015

Big oopsie for that ending on the first chapter. I was cringing, it felt uncomfortable.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Even looking at the tags is all kinds of triggering.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This one feeIs very 2000-ish or earIier to me

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

That was deeply uncomfortable...

joined Oct 16, 2016

This one feeIs very 2000-ish or earIier to me

Good then cause you won't see any girl x girl kissing in it and the only one who will be forcefully kissing MC will be the guy.
It's like a nightmare work of a modern yuri fan with no real yuri resolution aimed at masochists.

last edited at Apr 16, 2022 6:36PM

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Oh, this has promise. I thought it was going to be a typical crush on the straight girl manga, but that ending is a great way to sink the hooks in. I'll be looking forward to more of it.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Yikes this reeks of trashy mid 2000s shoujo manga, especially with the absolutely inexplicable part at the end
Does anyone actually find it satisfying to touch someone like that in their sleep? Like, no penis-havers involved either so there's no getting off for the assailant

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

Another useless lesbian :/

joined Jan 13, 2021

That was... a ride? I started off thinking this setup reminded me of those 2000s yuri stories where some stormy, tormented kid agonizes silently over the girl she loves possibly slipping into the arms of someone so privileged over her in the hierarchy of norms that all competition feels helpless; she's led to swing between desperate attempts to surpass her (oblivious) competitor and then fatalistically enact the sisterly best friend, transformed by turn into pathetic parodies of the stereotypically assertive prince and the stereotypically passive maiden, because she can't enact her liminal, individual identity, her combination of intimate empathy and transgressive boldness until she comes to accept herself and proclaim her love in the end.

It's a good setup for depicting the intense, turbulent emotions so many queer kids often feel in adolescence, this terror of growing up from a world of childish, unlabeled intimacy into an adulthood of suffocating roles, and the pressure to be perfect and flawless in order to pass as normal even as the toll this performance takes on your composure threatens to make you explode into those very grotesque, predatory, monstrous stereotypes you want to avoid. Case in point, Yoh's ideal combination of empathy for Misa's feelings and the courage to stand up for her when she's bullied mutate as a result of her repressed emotions into an exploitation of those very virtues- Misa's trust for her as a fellow girl and friend afford Yoh closeness to Misa in her most vulnerable moments, and Yoh's intensity and determination are here put to horrific use in what she does to Misa while she's asleep, which to any outsider would seem like a classic example of that odious archetype of the Predatory Lesbian.

It's a tragic inversion, but if this story is trying not to be a textbook tragedy about how Yoh's circumstances lead her to ruin her relationships and turn into the exact kind of invasive, manipulative scum she hates (like the senpai who picked on Misa), but a romance that nets her a convincingly happy ending anyway... yeah, the author's got their work cut out for them. Like I said, this story is very 2000s, but that also applies to the rampant sexual assault, which in so many works of the time, yuri or otherwise, was not dealt with remotely the nuance and sensitivity such themes required. There are, theoretically speaking, ways this story could portray the nature of Yoh's desires as a horny, uncertain, impulsive teenager while still underlining that there are certain lines that must not be crossed lest she alienate those best-suited to understand her- the Icky Segment at the end of Ch 1 could be retroactively presented as a fantasy on Yoh's part that she's ashamed enough of to flee, for instance- but I'm not really confident that this story will pull it off and rise above the potential pitfalls of the premise. Heck, the blatancy of the molestation in this chapter and its bizarre, romanticized framing is already a red flag, and I wouldn't blame anyone for dropping this series for that alone. I'll cautiously give it another chapter out of morbid curiosity- perhaps this series shall swerve as deeply into Misa or Ren's perspective as it did into Yoh's and present us with a completely different view of reality as per their desires- but I'm not optimistic.

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

Urgg... usually I don’t care about molestation because it is a fiction after all. But this do remind me of a bad experience I had in the past which is similar. Back then, my friend I met on the internet for 3 years, who is gay came to my place to play. It’s late and she said she want to stay so I let her, it’s my house and it’s not like she’s going to rape me to dead lol. The situation is just like this manga, I have a crush on someone else, she and me slept on the same bed (I’m not japanese anime girl so I didn’t have an extra futon and I do trust her). But it’s a bad idea. We joke for awhile and I feel she tried to get all touchy-touchy with me. Then we went to bed and yes thing happened. Of course she was not going that far like the girl in this manga, but she caress my arm, and almost touch my breast. My heart pounding like crazy not because of horny but because of scary as hell and I thought she noticed i didn’t sleep yet so she withdraw her hand.
Thing was awkward, we both knew so I just ask her what was she doing in a joking way and she just said she envy my skin. Yeah breast skin really. Somehow we managed to dodge the situation.

Heck it’s not romantic like in fiction, it’s creepy and horrible. Getting aggressive to the face is way better than this. Plus, getting touch by someone you don’t like is so bad. I hope the short girl like the MC and the whole senpai’s just to make the MC jealous (which likely not happen). Otherwise... Idk, but I’m against it. Just like the others said already, please dont molest someone when they are sleep. TT

joined Apr 16, 2022

that senpai will kiss yoh, i guess there are 2 kissing scenes of them

My_ankle_fell_off
joined Jan 8, 2020

I hated this, it was very cringe worthy from the way the sempai is portrayed wit his lowley cocky attitude to how the tomboy is and edgy angsty teen. It overall felt hella generic, like it’s an older manga(which I wouldn’t be surprised if it actually is) and the last bit of the chapter was literally disgusting

DynastyUser382
joined Apr 16, 2021

Wonder if it will be a love triangle where the president likes the tomboy, the tomboy the girl and the girl the president. I'm mean, two of those are already true, just wainting on the president. Either way, sounds like tons of drama and misunderstanding are on the horizon.

In fact, if they do make the president out the be the "bad" guy per say, I can definitely see him taking advantage of the tomboy' crush on the girl.

last edited at Apr 16, 2022 9:02PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Read a dramatic first chapter for a thrilling new yuri manga.
Came to the forum to check the happy comments.
Found dozens of angry messages denouncing a character's actions as morally wrong.
Just another Dynasty day.

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Read a dramatic first chapter for a thrilling new yuri manga.
Came to the forum to check the happy comments.
Found dozens of angry messages denouncing a character's actions as morally wrong.
Just another Dynasty day.

Word. Like yeah the touching was pretty uncomfortable, but the author is writing a horny teenager who is unable to control their feelings. It was supposed to make people feel that way, so I'm a little surprised at the outrage.

last edited at Apr 16, 2022 8:59PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Experienced sapphic here to let all the young sapphics in the audience know, please for the love of God do not assault your crush in her sleep

I think we all know that. But apparently there's some mangaka who don't.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Experienced sapphic here to let all the young sapphics in the audience know, please for the love of God do not assault your crush in her sleep

I think we all know that. But apparently there's some mangaka who don't.

So you believe this mangaka is promoting molestation, unaware that it’s not actually romantic?

last edited at Apr 16, 2022 9:31PM

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

I'm always up for some darker yuri, so long as that darkness gets properly acknowledged.

To reply you must either login or sign up.