Forum › A Room For Two discussion

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Well, this should finally lay to rest all of the silly discussion whether this is yuri or not. Kasumi doing her best to stay awake to make the drive a proper date as Sakurako described it, and then another kiss from her. Surely there can be no doubt whatsoever after this.

In before "bonus chapters don't count"

I do enjoy how this has basically just become a running gag at this point since it's been pretty clearly Yuri for literal years now.

It's been Yuri from the start.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

And on a completely different note--what, even Japanese corporations have "club activities"? WTF?

I don't recall hearing about such before so dunno how common it is, but it did strike me as a bit wierd- but then I thought its not much different than how in America a company might have a bowling team or a quiz team etc.

I gathered that it was something informal, like the drinking clubs that ended up just being mixers. And given Kasumi’s beauty, her being pushed to join one doesn’t surprise me; and neither does her telling Sakurako so she can join as well, to go to the events together. From what I’ve heard, social events are a huge part of business culture in Japan and can play a role in upward movement.

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong on that last point.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

YEEEEESSS!!! FINALLY!! IT'S BEEN YEARS!!!

Holy shit, and KASUMI was the one who went for it?! The first real kiss?! YOU GO GIRL!!!

Haaaaaa...that is something I was genuinely not expecting.

(siiiiiigh) Every time they kiss, there's somebody here in the forum going OMG THEY KISSED!

They kissed a long time ago. There have been several at this point.

(Edit: This is the first time we got a splash page, though, IIRC)

last edited at Apr 3, 2022 3:48PM

joined Jan 11, 2014

I wonder how many times they've kissed so far. Gets me every time.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Well, this should finally lay to rest all of the silly discussion whether this is yuri or not. Kasumi doing her best to stay awake to make the drive a proper date as Sakurako described it, and then another kiss from her. Surely there can be no doubt whatsoever after this.

In before "bonus chapters don't count"

I do enjoy how this has basically just become a running gag at this point since it's been pretty clearly Yuri for literal years now.

It's been Yuri from the start.

Early on the arguments for being just subtext or yuri crush were pretty understandable, but that ship has long, long sailed.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Kasumi is drawn different compared to the beginning

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

This chapter was a sweet change from all the drama I've been reading on the site lately. And Kasumi kissing Sakurako made this old yuri skeptic's heart swoon.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I was drawn differently as a working adult after graduating from college compared to my first year of high school too.

A good many more lines, for one thing.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

This chapter was a sweet change from all the drama I've been reading on the site lately. And Kasumi kissing Sakurako made this old yuri skeptic's heart swoon.

I know, right? With series like “Brides of Iberis” it’s nice to come back to Futaribeya for that wholesome Yuri sweetness.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

They all are- to varying degrees- they are like 6 years older now right?

last edited at Apr 3, 2022 9:26PM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

8-9 years older. At the beginning they were High school freshmen, then they went to college and are now working adults. Each volume has been roughly a year.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^I thought their college was just 2 year- and im not clear how long since it finished but not that long hence 6- maybe 7 if college was 3- but fairly sure its not 8 or 9?

edit Ok i've checked- Hinako is 2nd year middle school in volume 1- and in the last chapter (bonus 1) we found out she is now 20 - so its been about 7 years.

last edited at Apr 3, 2022 11:12PM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

^I thought their college was just 2 year- and im not clear how long since it finished but not that long hence 6- maybe 7 if college was 3- but dunno how you get up to 8 or 9?

Mm, I need to reread I suppose. I was thinking they did four years of college. If it was two then yeah, 6-7 would be more accurate.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

They did do four years of college
3 years of Highschool + 4 years of college = 7 years of school total

Started highschool in 2014, graduated college in 2021, thats 7 years

joined Aug 21, 2017

Let's go stargazing!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The fact that a manga character ages outside of timeskips is remarkable in itself

joined Jun 21, 2021

haven't they kissed and held hands multiple times already? like, on screen?

response to the other commenters aside, this was a very nice chapter.

for me its just more how rarely we get to see it in the series, its always a treat to see

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

very cute kiss! love it!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

YEEEEESSS!!! FINALLY!! IT'S BEEN YEARS!!!

Holy shit, and KASUMI was the one who went for it?! The first real kiss?! YOU GO GIRL!!!

Haaaaaa...that is something I was genuinely not expecting.

joined Sep 11, 2019

Now this is just healing.
Fantastic chapter

joined Jul 8, 2020

YES A KISS!!

Resized-image-promo
joined Aug 20, 2020

Is it me misremembering or we finally got A HECKING KISS AFTER 102 CHAPTERS?

It's literally nothing and yet I'm so happy I could die rn, god damn Yukiko thanks for this series

joined Jan 14, 2020

There have been a few others, but this is more undeniably romantic. First 'kiss' was back in high school, Kasumi exchanging candies/cough drops with S. Then, in or after college, Kasumi when she came home spontaneously giving S a kiss, though the art didn't make it clear whether on-the-lips or cheek-peck; it was pretty surprising to Sakurako.

My own take on their relationship, subject to the current vagaries of my memory, is to note that in senior year of high school, S was expecting them to stop living together after graduation, so she seems to have been thinking of it as "roommates with benefits", not something committed (even if she wanted that.) Kasumi proposed they keep living together. A bit after that, we get Kasumi spending all day in her panties and with her head in S's lap, jealously pushing away any interruptions, to "recharge". Then a few years later we have S calling Kasumi "you're something like my girlfriend" and K saying "I could just be your pet cat". https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch53#5

So, without showing us any conventional confession, they seem to have slid from "sharing a bed as roommates" to something like a committed relationship. Whether there's any sexual activity other than very rare kisses, who knows. But if there isn't, by now it's more likely to be because Kasumi is just that asexual, rather than because "they're just friends".

joined Feb 18, 2015

Nothing quite like an established couple flirting on a date to the countryside to stargaze.

Resized-image-promo
joined Aug 20, 2020

There have been a few others, but this is more undeniably romantic. First 'kiss' was back in high school, Kasumi exchanging candies/cough drops with S. Then, in or after college, Kasumi when she came home spontaneously giving S a kiss, though the art didn't make it clear whether on-the-lips or cheek-peck; it was pretty surprising to Sakurako.

My own take on their relationship, subject to the current vagaries of my memory, is to note that in senior year of high school, S was expecting them to stop living together after graduation, so she seems to have been thinking of it as "roommates with benefits", not something committed (even if she wanted that.) Kasumi proposed they keep living together. A bit after that, we get Kasumi spending all day in her panties and with her head in S's lap, jealously pushing away any interruptions, to "recharge". Then a few years later we have S calling Kasumi "you're something like my girlfriend" and K saying "I could just be your pet cat". https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch53#5

So, without showing us any conventional confession, they seem to have slid from "sharing a bed as roommates" to something like a committed relationship. Whether there's any sexual activity other than very rare kisses, who knows. But if there isn't, by now it's more likely to be because Kasumi is just that asexual, rather than because "they're just friends".

Yeah, I meant it as more of an "undeniable proof that they are in love with each other" cause, as you said, there have been other moments but with angles and such they weren't as straightforward as this one, especially if you consider all the other pairings and how some even had sex behind the scenes with us knowing full well from some dialogues.

To reply you must either login or sign up.