Oh wow, how /u/ will react to this

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

OK, just hear me out...

joined Jul 8, 2019

What

the fuck am I reading

joined Oct 23, 2016

Not a fan of the chibi style, also hard to tell anyone's gender. Even harder to tell what is going on.
Side note, I think this needs a psychological tag because these characters seem like if they are being place in a cage and held hostage by one primary character.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Did they try to kill the girl who had just confessed with a giant hammer?

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Could be a perfect setup for shounen or 5 pilots super robot anime.

joined Aug 21, 2017

These memes are great. Thanos and The Delightful Children From Down The Lane back-to-back hit me like a one-two punch

joined Jan 3, 2020

This is a crazy one. Also not the biggest fan of the chibi art style, but it's not a deal breaker.

joined Feb 18, 2015

I think this is missing the "What the fuck am I reading" tag.

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

It's wild how immediately I'm loving these horrible cuties. Smh that they didn't all respond to the confession together though, I wanted to see this kid's mind blown by the idea of dating the five of them at once.

hard to tell anyone's gender

Why is this a negative for you?

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Someone please provide a plot synopsis of these chapters. I can't tell what is going on. The backgrounds are so inconsistent and the writing is so fluffy that it's really confusing.

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

This would have had such an effect on me had I read it in middle school. I hope it finds the weird, edgy kids it was meant for.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

This story feels all over the place, but it's also intriguing.

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

I'm on board with this polycule action for now; the polyamorous quintet is sweet in theory, I like the ambiguous gender presentations... I just hope the story hides some new ideas or collapses interestingly. This is aimless, the angst is weak, and the scenario so far is more contrived than a toast-collision meet-cute. It feels much like an author-insert story or an early work that shows where a creator's focus is.

So far: Everyone comes from the same orphanage, four have been adopted, and it was somehow a mistake for the rich girl to be there in the first place. The five all love one-another deeply, as family, and maybe romantically. When Mokuba went berserk in a science experiment the other four arrived, and they were all allowed to get supernatural abilities too just to be similar. They feel uncomfortable when apart, and are more likely to become berserk when apart. They get a special classroom to stay together in school because money, so it seems the government isn't too involved. Mana went berserk just from being called out by someone outside the polycule so they're all probably sensitive.

last edited at May 16, 2022 3:48AM

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Oh look Flandre's "ability to destroy anything"

Actually now I'm wondering how common or uncommon that ability paired with squeezing the hand as a trigger is...

If they'd made the antidote once shouldn't it be possible to remake it? Or did everyone involved in making it die along with all the data being destroyed?

LittleWhiteHerz
Kohanenomintense2
joined Jul 21, 2020

This is... really edgy but the artstyle is really cute so i'll keep reading I guess lol. The story does seem interesting though

kuroyurihime00
Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

interesting, very interesting. i wonder how the story will go about with this premise. here's to hoping it lasts long.
also, whoever is responsible for the experiment is either stupid or insane to make only one antidote but mass-produce this experimental drug

TsukikoYurihana
Tomoyo%20op_cropped
joined Dec 16, 2018

Ooooh, I'm liking the look of this, I love the "superpowered queer found family" scenario that we've got going here. This could make a really cool series, so here's hoping this keeps its charm and uses its potential in the best possible way.

Weeb Depression
joined Sep 12, 2021

This seems really interesting! I'm looking forward to future chapters. I like the angst and the different pronouns for the characters.
Also the memes in the comment section are fucking great.

last edited at May 17, 2022 10:36PM

C1147d3190ae4c0815cc862bce35952975d3857e072e7b6bef6e34b56d95dd83
joined Nov 12, 2017

… yeah that backstory has a lot of holes in it… but nearly not enough that i cant just ignore them & enjoy cutesy found-family polycule antics angst.

Matchari2
joined Apr 17, 2022

I found a channel with a vocaloid song about this Manga? song is literally called quintet x question
Also there's a speed paint of them
https://youtube.com/channel/UCAF97iCIQAmUzx7h9ZA3GmA

last edited at Sep 1, 2022 6:48PM

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

This feels like the kind of edgy middle school stuff I would have loved as a kid. For that alone, I'm subscribing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.