Forum › And Thus I Was Picked Up By My Boss's Daughter discussion

FreyjaWolfieN65
Yuu%20koito%203
joined Feb 8, 2022

i feel sad cuz it's been a year.. TwT

Ana_wolf
joined Jan 4, 2022

i feel sad cuz it's been a year.. TwT

Not really. It's been 3 months. SAD does a lot of projects and as Ranka has said on multiple occasions they don't always have the most structured editing and release schedule. Plus they have to wait for publishing from the author, and if Akashi-sensei is taking this at a more leisurley pace it will probably be a while between releases.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

cmon don't drop two chapter at once on me when I'm about to sleep, I can already tell I'll be sleepy tomorrow

edit: okay akashi what the hell are you cooking up for us now, I seriously can't tell

last edited at Mar 23, 2022 9:23PM

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

And it's back! I have a feeling like I know how this is going to go, but I'm happy to be along for the ride.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

alright let's see how this series goes, love me some good off-base yuri

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

It's back, and with a plot now!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nah, Miss me with this nonsense, I dropped at the middle of chapter 2... with such a surprise opening I had good expectations but I LOATHE lies and manipulation like that as the driving point for an entire manga! A shit mother, a shit boss in a shit company and you're going to get dragged in the floor for them? I don't want to see a slave.

Maybe at the end of ch2 or possible in the next chapter everything changes but for now I feel really disgusted to the point I can't go on, so yeah... not my thing, I'm so disappointed it went this way.

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

I quite liked the first chapter, but I can't deal with the OL in the second chapter. The fact that she got saved by the girl and given a chance to work with her without the stress of that office life and a good salary, yet she's still teetering on whether or not she should betray the girl just because she want to get back to the same shitty job that she hates?
I'm just not cool with the "biting the hands that feed you"

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

There's a trend of unsympathetic protagonists lately. Not saying totally - for instance you could call Kuroki Tomoko an unsympathetic protagonist. But definitely not 100% sympathetic protagonists. Like the scummy girl who likes the lesbian call girl cram school teacher because she looks like her anime "waifu."

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

I'm not really sold on the drama. It's not a difficult question, is it? She saved your life, and you're going to be horrible to her? No thanks.

It's like reading a math manga and the protagonist is agonizing over whether "2+2=5" or not. (Psst! It doesn't.)

last edited at Mar 23, 2022 9:54PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

icekatze posted:

I'm not really sold on the drama. It's not a difficult question, is it? She saved your life, and you're going to be horrible to her? No thanks.

It's like reading a math manga and the protagonist is agonizing over whether "2+2=5" or not. (Psst! It doesn't.)

Her happy face when she was calling her boss was the worst... We started this story with her attempting suicide over this shitty job and shitty life, why is she so desperate to get it back to the point of hurting her savior and the only one who has been kind AND offering a way out of this? I just can't deal with this.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm enjoying it!

And it's reasonable that she'd want to keep striving for that Adult Life, rather than just being a whimsical high schooler's pet, which isn't a stable situation to rely on.

So I think she was given the mission, nearly committed drunk suicide in despair, and coincidentally got 'picked up' by Kazuha. Rather than it all being a clever ploy. Not certain, though.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Nah, Miss me with this nonsense, I dropped at the middle of chapter 2... with such a surprise opening I had good expectations but I LOATHE lies and manipulation like that as the driving point for an entire manga! A shit mother, a shit boss in a shit company and you're going to get dragged in the floor for them? I don't want to see a slave.

Maybe at the end of ch2 or possible in the next chapter everything changes but for now I feel really disgusted to the point I can't go on, so yeah... not my thing, I'm so disappointed it went this way.

Yeah, I also stopped at mid chapter 2, and thought "This seems like something I'd hate, and kind of really stupid. Maybe the comments will say something about it picking up after that?"
Not as far as I can tell. I'm out of here.

Kgprv5p
joined Aug 28, 2016

The main couple in this seems pretty similar to the main couple in Still Sick. Akashi has a Type, huh?

joined May 28, 2019

Oof talk about some convoluted nonsense. Third chapter was alright I guess.

Smirk
joined Oct 6, 2021

How did this manga confuse me so much in only two chapters??? Why the hell is she desperate to get her job back if she hates it so much, yet she enjoys spending time with the other character? What is this totally unnecessary deception/drama????

Yonagi%20doesn't%20care
joined Sep 26, 2016

The bodyguards are the best part.

joined Sep 11, 2019

The MC feels book smart but she's a dunce isn't she?

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'm enjoying it!

And it's reasonable that she'd want to keep striving for that Adult Life, rather than just being a whimsical high schooler's pet, which isn't a stable situation to rely on.

It's not only reasonable, it's the only option that is even remotely realistic, and I can't believe how so many people are saying she should just abandon any reason in favour of manga logic :P Especially since the high school girl can presumably be cut off from daddy's money at any time (as you said, not a stable situation at all).
Not that I would call that whole plotline realistic (I think what raised my eyebrows the most is that she was given her "mission" before even stumbling on CEO's daughter... like why the hell did they even expect some random office worker to be a master investigator), but given this ridiculous setup, I think not becoming a permanent pet of a person that's not even completely independent herself seems rather logical to me as well.

And I don't really see how she's horrible to the girl, her being very conflicted about this whole stupid intrigue is clearly a major concern of the story so far.

last edited at Mar 24, 2022 5:40AM

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

I've been thinking about the first chapter's roof scene for a week now, trying to remember what it was, then we get these releases and am glad that itch is scratched!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

b58 posted:

I'm enjoying it!

It's not only reasonable, it's the only option that is even remotely realistic, and I can't believe how so many people are saying she should just abandon any reason in favour of manga logic :P Especially since the high school girl can presumably be cut off from daddy's money at any time (as you said, not a stable situation at all).

She ALMOST kill herself over that stable job and let's not lie to ourselves, the only one who believes that she'll get her job back after spying on the girl and possibly ruining her life is the protagonist.

After checking the whole chapter 2, For me, the only way I could give this story a chance is that Kazuha lied and she's perfectly aware of the situation that the woman is right now and still decides to have her around, so when everything inevitable crashed down, there won't be an awful fight, but that doesn't mean I Want to read the story knowing what's going on behind the scenes, it causes me lots of disgust to see someone being treated like that so it's impossible to enjoy... I just saw something similar happening in the anime of Princess connect recently by the way and gave the same explanation as to why I couldn't enjoy it so I had to skip episodes.

Anyway, I said enough... it's going to be discouraging if I keep talking about it but yeah this isn't for me.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

If we're going to talk about what's REASONABLE, that would be quit the job and go job-hunting. Ideally ignore the CEO's kid and put everything about the place behind you, but if you run out of money, fine, go with her weird thing until you get on your feet--at least it's not viciously unethical.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, this whole thing is not making a lot of sense—she was picked to be a spy because she’s so incompetent? And what was that flashback scene with her at the window of a car?

And we have two sets of hostile authority figures—her boss, etc. against the CEO, and the CEO dad against the OL?

I’m not exactly loving the art, either—it seems sketchy or incomplete somehow. Still Sick earned this mangaka an enormous of good will on my end, so I’m aboard for now. But I’d like to see this stabilize into something or other pretty soon.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

the premise is Excuse Plot as all get out

so how's she going to handle this, film herself cutting their hair while they sleep?

_yuri_hime_14_clear_file
joined Oct 21, 2011

We all know Nagashimas assignment, company owners don't like Kazuha's dad and think Kazuha might be from another guy. Ch 3, pg 14 got me thinking. Looks like a flashback of Kazuha and her dad in a small apartment, which could imply she's from a previous relationship of his, and that she is related to him by blood, and was maybe adopted by her fathers now late-wife when they got married. Just a thought

To reply you must either login or sign up.