Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm wondering if this odd "relationship" between the brother and the master is a bit of a... Just to avoid the word cope... A way to deal with their loss to some extent. Like they know that their relationship, however fiery it is, was part of that life when the original Miss Sunflower lived (Or at least the one that was "their" miss sunflower) and as such, they cherish it in some odd way.
Although that would make this situation a bit bitter and maybe even a tiny bit toxic for both of them. Which I would never really consider from this story. So far while it did have some negative stuff in it, it never was at such an intense level as this would imply.

This chapter made me modify my hypothesis about their relationship somewhat, in that maybe there's a bit less romantic attraction to sensei on the brother's part and more professional and romantic (in regard to the first Miss Sunflower) rivalry. Sensei goes to great lengths to demonstrate that she doesn't take the brother seriously as an adult, so his relationship with her entails a lot of attempts to prove her wrong. That is, their relationship isn't only about their feelings for the first Miss Sunflower--she appeals to him as a professional role model, and, as the last couple chapters made explicit, he triggers her latent nurturing impulses.

Still, sensei is the only character in the series who is designed as both "sexy cute" and mega-flirty and the brother is the primary adult male, so it's hard not to see his (at least) interest as also possibly romantic.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Wow, how did this become such a snorefest? Why the heck would I be interested in that brother and his crush?

Dropped.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Wow, how did this become such a snorefest? Why the heck would I be interested in that brother and his crush?

Dropped.

It's true--the days of firefights with ray guns and titanic clashes between dinosaurs and giant monkeys in Miss Sunflower are long past.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Dropped.

It's been like this the whole time, dude. Not sure why you keep dropping into the comments of long-running slow-burn series to complain about the fact that they are long-running slow-burn series.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Dropped.

A series that regularly gives some of the spotlight to its side characters is giving some of the spotlight to its side characters?

How dare.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

"I haven't been able to satisfy her with my roleplaying anymore"
Sheesh, Nanako, watch your phrasing.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I wanna see the contents of the Himawari-san folder.

joined Apr 29, 2017

i missed matsuri!!!!! <3

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

The Miss Sunflower wig stays on in the bedroom.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That's quite the plan B. :D

joined May 1, 2015

Not gonna lie. I am now interested in matsuri''s little sis x friend route.
Needs more of this.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Oh my god that's precious

She's getting worse at hiding feelings =w=

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Now, this is a chapter I've been waiting for. While I accept and enjoy how this story is being told, I won't lie I'll take this silly fluff between Matsuri and Miss Sunflower over any kind of side characters and/or backstory.

joined May 9, 2017

This was so wholesome, I didn't know Himawari could do that kind of expression either :)

TheEternalShade
20230425_150259
joined Aug 25, 2021

Dropped.

A series that regularly gives some of the spotlight to its side characters is giving some of the spotlight to its side characters?

How dare.

I'm offended that a series is taking its time and developing its side-characters instead of using them for one-off drama and background sightgags.

How dare the author build an interesting and realistic world!

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

Oh my gosh that chapter was so precious. Miss Sunflower is starting to change just a little bit.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Omg that was so cute!

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Blushing Himawari-san truly heals the soul.

Akiko%20megaer%20think%20smaller
joined Aug 7, 2021

This single chapter is the best thing I've read in ages.

joined Dec 18, 2021

This chapter
It's just too cute, too pure, too wholesome.

joined Dec 18, 2021

This chapter
It's just too cute, too pure, too wholesome.

joined May 1, 2015

Miss Sunflower looked so adorable at the end.
You did well Matsuri.
In time you will collect.

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

That's too cute T-T

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Just wato to gush about how wholesome this chapter was, both Himawari-san and Matsuri are adorable and Gouma-den picking this up gives me life, thanks as always <3

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I was already thinking that his chapter was one of the best from my memory and that was before seeing Himawari san all red... now it's easy in the top 5 or 3!!! SO SWEET!

To reply you must either login or sign up.