Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Your right yuri sex is great. I mean nothing was more satisfying than Touko and Yuu's sex scene after the 45 chapter journey that was Bloom into You. However I'm just asking for any solid proof that there is more to Matsuri and Miss Sunflower's relationship than the close bonds of a student/mentor.

You're quite right--that's a question this series has posed from the very beginning and has yet to resolve.

On Matsuri's part, I don't think there's ever been any doubt that she has always had a full-scale romantic girl-crush on Miss Sunflower--she thinks she's cute, she swoons at Miss Sunflower treating her as someone special, she compliments Miss Sunflower's legs, etc. She likes her that way.

On the other side of the equation, in the beginning of the series I thought that Miss Sunflower was just treating Matsuri as a little kid and was entirely dismissive of Matsuri's romantic feelings. But as the series went on and we learned more about her, we saw that she keeps everybody at arm's length, emotionally speaking, and that she in fact has let Matsuri get closer to her than anybody else in her life. Furthermore, her relationship with the first Miss Sunflower strongly suggests that she (not to put too fine a point on it) likes girls.

We also found out that the age gap between the two isn't quite as large as it seems. (I forget who did the math, but I think it came out to something like 23-17, maybe?) The apparent age-gap was exaggerated by their respective body sizes and by the fact that Himawari-san acts a lot older than her age while Matsuri comes off as considerably younger than she is.

I've been arguing that Himawari-san's closed-off psychological state, which at first seemed like calmness and maturity, is something that the series has been positioning as a thing that, gently and gradually, needs to change and is changing, primarily because of Matsuri. What the end state of that process will be I have no idea. But as with Living With My Brother's Wife, the quality of the series itself has convinced me that I'll probably be OK with however it comes out.

No fair using a calm logical break down, of the plot and the characters' personalties. lol

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

No fair using a calm logical break down, of the plot and the characters' personalties. lol

ha ha. That's cool, johnb--you keep me in touch with my "OMFG, Miss Sunflower and Matsuri may never kiss and then I'll be devastated!" side.

joined May 1, 2015

Honestly, I am really happy with all of these Ms. Sunflower updates.
I seriously thought that I was going to die before knowing how it ends.
Thank you scanlating team.

joined Jan 14, 2020

oh_miya_ miyako

Someone's parents are getting the bad nursing home

joined May 3, 2014

I remember reading this one when it started……F no way I’m gonna subject myself to hell for them to still be friends at chaptet 100 since we already gone 50 without no relationship progress!!!

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

oh_miya_ miyako

Someone's parents are getting the bad nursing home

All characters with a proper full name (read, none of the Miss Sunflowers) have redundant names like that.
Yes, that includes Fuuko, since the Kaza and Fuu in Kazamatsuri Fuuko are both written with the kanji for wind (風)

Hqdefault
joined Sep 13, 2020

I want to read the chapter indicate the previous miss sunflower's whereabouts. Can someon help me? Is she dead or something?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I want to read the chapter indicate the previous miss sunflower's whereabouts. Can someon help me? Is she dead or something?

I'm pretty sure that was said at some point, i think it's even the reason why the actual Himawari-san has taken her place.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Chapter 17. She is no longer on this earth.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Oh, boy, another flashback is coming.
Not complaining, though. Everyone in Miss Sunflower's life seems to have a mysterious past.

last edited at Mar 11, 2022 10:22PM

joined May 1, 2015

This just got more interesting. I always wanted to know more about onii san and his "master"
I bet the backstory will be amazing.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

A sudden kidnapping.

Poor Himawari-san, cats really don't like her... I guess a trip to Okinawa is in order.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

There's something about the brother that I really don't like. Even in this chapter, the way he's just tagging along - presumably with ulterior motivations ... bleh.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Even in this chapter, the way he's just tagging along - presumably with ulterior motivations ... bleh.

He tagged along because her sister ask him.He don't really enjoy being with his sensei in the first place.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh, boy, another flashback is coming.
Not complaining, though. Everyone in Miss Sunflower's life seems to have a mysterious past.

I really want to know how the present Miss Sunflower financed the ownership of the bookshop—she was still in high school when the first Miss Sunflower passed away. We saw a scene of her asking one of the other bookstore owners to teach her about running a store, but we don’t know anything about how the bookery actually became hers.

And as I said before, there are emotions—romantic attraction, admiration, respect—going in all sorts of directions. Just in the latest chapter:

• Sensei says that she loved the first Miss Sunflower; we know that onii-san also had a crush on her.

• Onii-san seems to have something of a tsundere crush on sensei, which is held at bay by her merciless teasing of him.

And we got another example of how Miss Sunflower is oblivious to other people’s feelings when her brother got jealous over her fangirling sensei as an author—sensei realized it immediately, and Miss Sunflower still doesn’t quite get it.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

He tagged along because her sister ask him.He don't really enjoy being with his sensei in the first place.

That's not how I read his protests at all ^^

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That's not how I read his protests at all ^^

Right, his "explanation" that last summer he chose the same inn to do his writing when he knew that sensei would be there just to increase the pressure on himself to meet his deadline lacks plausibility. It's pretty clear he's both attracted to and intimidated by sensei.

On the other hand, he is there at Himawari-san's invitation--he didn't manipulate his way into coming along, either.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

On the other hand, he is there at Himawari-san's invitation--he didn't manipulate his way into coming along, either.

The flow of the scene implies to me that she didn't actually invite him. Her "are you coming with us?" was just a normal question, as she says, and he pretends it was an implied invitation (due to her being uncomfortable with flying). An interpretation she clearly denies.

Obv realistically either of them easily could have said "stay here", it's not like in real life you'll just miss a person being there. ^^ Just saying. Not liking the guy.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Obv realistically either of them easily could have said "stay here", it's not like in real life you'll just miss a person being there. ^^ Just saying. Not liking the guy.

That's kinda mean of you, considering how much onii-san has contributed to such Himawari-san/Matsuri progress as there has been, most notably the overnight trip to the inn and the fake "date" that ended up with Miss Sunflower telling Matsuri that she was "special" to her. He's been shipping them pretty hard in his own way.

It's true that there's something a bit dubious around the edges about both onii-san and sensei, mostly because they both tend to be tricksy and are heavily into teasing, in marked contrast to Matsuri's open sincerity and Himawari-san's blunt pragmatism. I think both of them are basically good people, though.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

When tsunderes clash.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

That was a nice chapter. I always enjoy seeing the previous Himawari-san, even if it's only in memories.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

The flow of the scene implies to me that she didn't actually invite him. Her "are you coming with us?" was just a normal question, as she says, and he pretends it was an implied invitation (due to her being uncomfortable with flying). An interpretation she clearly denies.

She clearly was uncomfortable with flying, flying to Okinawa she would be with Sensei to be there to ease the tension a bit, but flying back she’ll be alone if he didn’t join them. The question “Are you coming with us” was set up as both an ask and invitation since it would help her alleviate some discomfort from having to fly back alone. What she denies wasn’t that it was an invitation, but rather the exaggeration he gave it since he did seem to dramatize it

joined Jan 14, 2020

"I left out the finer details"

they fucked

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I'm wondering if this odd "relationship" between the brother and the master is a bit of a... Just to avoid the word cope... A way to deal with their loss to some extent. Like they know that their relationship, however fiery it is, was part of that life when the original Miss Sunflower lived (Or at least the one that was "their" miss sunflower) and as such, they cherish it in some odd way.
Although that would make this situation a bit bitter and maybe even a tiny bit toxic for both of them. Which I would never really consider from this story. So far while it did have some negative stuff in it, it never was at such an intense level as this would imply.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Truly a worthy successor to the tile.

To reply you must either login or sign up.