Forum › Starry Days at Ecliptic Dorm discussion

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Fact: Leo and Pisces are the MahiMahi of Ecliptic Dorm. (⁰͡ ͜ʖ⁰͡ )

joined May 1, 2015

So, these are real people with real names, but they just happen to live in a weird dorm.
I like where this is going.
I wonder if we will have 12 or 13 girls at the end.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

huh, well somehow I didn't expect these girls to be normal people who are living in an astrology themed dorm.

FreedomandJustice
joined Jun 16, 2020

I was waiting for Taurus. Very satisfied with her personality.

joined Dec 17, 2021

The possesive pair is here. Now I can be at peace.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

My ex is Taurus and I'm a Scorpio. It was a brief relationship. She broke up with me on xmas day via text message after she cheated the night before. Sex was great though. 6/10

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

As a Scorpio I'm not entirely sure how to feel haha, but they are a cute albeit possessive duo.

Edit: I also hope in the future that we see some of the "Mysterious" side of Scorpio that the official character chart noted with her.

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 8:21PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

... okay after four pages of comments I now see the significance of the zodiac theme - it's an easy hook to get people to try to identify with characters and talk about it :P
I was never into the horoscope stuff even as a pure dumb fun, maybe because I always saw conflicting information about which zodiac sign I actually am (some sources differ by a day and I happen to be born on the boundary).

joined Sep 27, 2017

... okay after four pages of comments I now see the significance of the zodiac theme - it's an easy hook to get people to try to identify with characters and talk about it :P
I was never into the horoscope stuff even as a pure dumb fun, maybe because I always saw conflicting information about which zodiac sign I actually am (some sources differ by a day and I happen to be born on the boundary).

Yeah I think it's very superstitious, a lot of vague information with any kind of horoscope, astrology, and so fourth stuff. I still I think the manga will be a fun time.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Also a boundary person here. I’m having trouble getting into this one since I have only the vaguest sense of what the personalities of the various zodiac signs are supposed to be. (As others have said, they’re so generally stated that almost anyone can recognize something of themselves in any description.)

Canno’s art is always solid, though.

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Finally got to Taurus, my sign! Was afraid her and her pairing would be kind of boring. But, seems like she has the most lovey-dovey ship, despite being a smidge too possessive. They want to be each other's number 1s, but aren't obsessed to the point where they don't socialize with others (at least with Virgo). Glad they might be my favorite pair, with Cancer and Capricorn being the closest second! I also kind of like that Taurus seems to have a bit of a height gap, compared to the other girls. Didn't get that vibe from the character chart, but the pre-serial chapter she seems to be noticeably taller than the other two present and has a bulkier build. (Maybe that's just how I see it?)

Screenshot_20211218_223644
joined Nov 25, 2021

Finally scorpio season

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Scorpio and taurus are the cutest things ohmygoodnes

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

So, these are real people with real names, but they just happen to live in a weird dorm.
I like where this is going.
I wonder if we will have 12 or 13 girls at the end.

13? Angling for an Ophiuchus girl?

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Is Virgo the main character?!

joined Nov 16, 2018

The fact that Scorpio still put a blanket for Virgo while sharing another with Taurus is beautiful!! The perfect amount of jealousy.

last edited at Mar 23, 2022 12:14AM

joined Sep 27, 2017

Also a boundary person here. I’m having trouble getting into this one since I have only the vaguest sense of what the personalities of the various zodiac signs are supposed to be. (As others have said, they’re so generally stated that almost anyone can recognize something of themselves in any description.)

I think with the trouble getting into it, an easier approach might be to just view the series as a cute romance, with a bunch of girls that have various personalities. I'm guessing the characters and their dynamics with each other will be fun regardless of if one worries about the Zodiac/Astrology aspect or not. So far the Zodiac/Astrology content seems like it serves as just some light flavoring and theme on top of the dish.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

The fact that Scorpio still put a blanket for Virgo while sharing another with Taurus is beautiful!! The perfect amount of jealousy.

yes, I'm glad somebody else caught that

joined Jun 11, 2016

just treat it as a manga with cute girls doing cute things. I honestly know nearly nothing about horoscope - hell I can't even remember all of the names. Still love this though.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

just treat it as a manga with cute girls doing cute things. I honestly know nearly nothing about horoscope - hell I can't even remember all of the names. Still love this though.

agreed.

i will say though that the revelation that they are ordinary girls who were made to change their names puts a very different and potentially sinister spin on things.

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

The plot twist will be that none of the girls are of the sign that they are named after.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think with the trouble getting into it, an easier approach might be to just view the series as a cute romance, with a bunch of girls that have various personalities. I'm guessing the characters and their dynamics with each other will be fun regardless of if one worries about the Zodiac/Astrology aspect or not. So far the Zodiac/Astrology content seems like it serves as just some light flavoring and theme on top of the dish.

Oh yeah, I'm fine reading it already. It's just sort of like reading a doujin when I don't know the source material--there's a fair amount of implied connotation that I know I'm not getting.

Wait a minute--this is a doujin where I don't know much about the source material . . .

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Such sweeties.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Oh yeah, I'm fine reading it already. It's just sort of like reading a doujin when I don't know the source material--there's a fair amount of implied connotation that I know I'm not getting.

Wait a minute--this is a doujin where I don't know much about the source material . . .

Ah fair enough, well 5-10 minutes of research might be enough to give you about the gist of what you need. A quick general idea of the signs, that's admittedly about the extent of my knowledge (maybe a little more) haha

The plot twist will be that none of the girls are of the sign that they are named after.

That would be funny.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I got super into astrology late into high school and throughout my early college days. I still have these huge books that give explanations as to how the charts are explained (down to particular degrees in which the planets and houses meet). I no longer subscribe to the fun hobby of astrology but I remember so much of it because I immersed myself in it.

With all that being said, younger me would have cringed slightly at how the characters are portrayed here and probably gone on a rant about how there is more to a person than just their sun sign and blah blah blah.

Older me is just like, this is cute, somewhat inaccurate from time to time, but cute.

To reply you must either login or sign up.