Forum › Posts by Rahvindra

joined Nov 16, 2018

Aside from the fact that the manga does have yuri elements, the Yuri tag is fine for the main plot. Matoi, has far as I can tell is Asexual and Lesbian. Yuriko is Aromantic and Asexual.
Many might feel like this is just a friendship relationship. Matoi herself doesn't have the urge to be intimate with Yuriko and just wants to love her. Yuriko as well doesn't want intimacy but she also doesn't have romantic feelings. Both of them are fine with being next to each other since they find each others company more special that with regular friends.
So in the end, Yuriko doesn't "Love" Matoi but it works out since Matoi doesn't mind that their relationship is only as friends, since both of them hold each other special and are by each others side.
As an AroAce person, I prefer to not have initimacy or romantic relationships with anyone. But I also feel that if I meet someone like Matoi who has a wonderful character and talent to create music in her original way I would like to be by their side and support them.
I get that many won't understand the lack of intimacy in a relationship, but imagine it something like just sitting in the same room and reading a book or watching TV and you look at the other person and are just glad that person is there, there is no urge to hug them or to kiss them but glad that they are just there.

joined Nov 16, 2018

The possesive pair is here. Now I can be at peace.

The fact that Scorpio still put a blanket for Virgo while sharing another with Taurus is beautiful!! The perfect amount of jealousy.

last edited at Mar 23, 2022 12:14AM

Rahvindra
joined Nov 16, 2018

Ch 31 is pretty typical of many organization. They deliberately create high pressure environment to assimilate the candidate to conform to the organization. I am studying my PG and it was the same treatment on my first day, the thing is this approach is indiscriminately doused on all of us irrespective of the individual, it doesn't matter whether the person has any insecurities or anxiety, the goal is to create this absolute dominance over the newbies. This practice is effective for more than half of the batch but it seriously cripples the motivation of the few who are actually sincere but "introverted". Honestly, organizations talk big about mental health and diversity but show almost zero consideration in reality.

Rahvindra
joined Nov 16, 2018

I'm back. So some people have already brought up the fact that women are expected to look pretty in the workforce, so the school (which is the institution that is tasked with converting children into human resources) giving the girls shit for just learning to conform to the very rules society has set for them is all sorts of irritating. I don't know how much this happens in real life in general, probably pretty common, but I do know that the school I went to also policed our appearance. (Catholic school for 12 years. Don't try this at home, kids.)

I'd like to raise some more points in defense of the teacher slapping plot point. Wall of text warning.

First, Fujishiro is the weaker party compared to the teacher, and she was retaliating against a verbal attack on her friend from the teacher. While it's true that normally it's best to use words to solve conflicts, I'm not going to entertain the idea that standing up against a bully or harasser through physical means is wrong. I can't stand this "both sides made mistakes" kind of wishy-washy crap. The teacher is responsible for the consequences of his harassment.

Perhaps the main reason Fujishiro fucked up is that her actions didn't lead to removing the teacher from the position of power- though people get away with much worse things all the time. (The teacher might deserve a second change, but the first priority should be the safety of the students.) I can blame Fujishiro for giving into her rage, but since she probably wasn't educated on strategies to deal with a renegade teacher, I can't fault her for not knowing them (incidentally, I never received such advice at school either).

I think the scene makes a better point this way as a symbolic "callout" to all the people who would harass women for their looks. Some anvils have to be dropped (I just referenced TVTropes, this is embarrassing). On a similarline of thought, from the perspective of being true to character, Fujishiro is an impulsive, short tempered, borderline delinquent gyaru. She has never been one to play nice. I hope she'll learn to deal with her emotions better, but at this point in the story, she's just not there yet, so it would be weirder if she didn't lose her shit this time.

Next point is Fujishiro's punishment. Some of you might say that she got off too easy. But is that really true? And should the question be about what Fujishiro deserves, instead of how to best address her anger issues? Fujishiro should have been directed to sit down with a professional, strongly encouraged to join a club, and maybe get something like extra cleaning duty for a month. Something that at once serves as a deterrent, but also doesn't ignore Fujishiro's needs as a human being and a student.

One week suspension isn't really a big deal, but it also doesn't exactly address any of the problems that lead Fujishiro to this action. It just ignores the problem more than anything. But this is exactly the kind of move I'd expect from a school where pestering students for their looks for no good reason is standard practice, and abusive teachers are tolerated on the faculty. If anything, it's pretty clear that Fujishiro only got such a short suspension because the rotten teacher wanted to avoid getting into a scandal, and the shitty faculty indulged him because a scandal would make them look bad, too.

To gauge the relative severity of Fujishiro's reaction, we can look at a similar trope to this altercation. Everyone knows this scene: Jack and Jane go to a bar. Jane is accosted by a random drunk, Jack steps up to defend Jane. The drunk continues to mouth off, and so Jack punches him in the face. I think we can all see that compared to that trope, Fujishiro went easy on the teacher. We know that he got off with a small bruise - since Fujishiro merely smacked him with her bag. Now that is still a physical attack, but I'm guessing it is less likely to result in serious head trauma or break any bones than a fist in the face.

I'd add that in that trope Jack never faces consequences - and perhaps he shouldn't, if the drunk was a genuine threat, but it does seem like as long as you look good doing it, people are less likely to criticize you for punching people.

I agree with this very much.
Most of the people (even if real life) look at only the quantifiable actions of any situation with no regard to the qualitative factor to make judgement. Verbal abuses are always overlooked, its an nonpunishable crime, but it can drastically affect individuals which can cause repercussions, and only afterwards do people make notice of it. There is no scale to measure morality in such cases.

Fujishiro didn't bag the teacher because he bad-mouthed them, but because his statement deeply impacted Kurokawa, disregarding all her efforts, causing her to cry. That's what sets off Fujishiro. Severity of verbal abuse ranges based on individual mindset or even how the abuse is worded. There isn't a clear defined right or wrong in these situations, only consequences of the moment.

Rahvindra
joined Nov 16, 2018

What's with all that hitting between girls? Is that some kind of stupid trend? That kinda ruins the mood. Why would you ever want to hit your girl? The one you love above all things! Damn that's insane (

The art style of in this manga makes it more intense, but hitting your love interest cliche has been used in many romance genres and portrayed as comedic, this one isn't able to do so because of lack of frames.

The beginning chapters of the manga did have an angst feeling to the abuse because of the parents, and certainly was violent when the friend and sister (thinking her to be a man) punched her.

But that last page had way more unexpressed emotions in that hit than violence. Because for Iori, after having constant toxic relationships and becoming numb to breakups, finally found someone who simply wanted to stay by her side, thats all she wanted and she is filled with happiness. She's even ready to beat up someone with a bat to get her girl back. Even after all this Minami thoughtless says something like "Are you really okay with going out with me?". (There are times when thoughtless words uttered by loved ones become way more painful than being stabbed by a blunt knife). In that moment Iori reacts the only way she could, she reacts impulsively and slaps her. You can't have someone like Iori remain calm and collected when they hear something like that from the very person she loves! There is no way she could have responded to that situation with a "I love you" or kiss her to reassure Minami.

Everyone is recognizing Minami's tragic past but are completely overlooking Iori's toxic experiences with relationships!!