Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

They're both obviously into each other, and at this point Koguma must be aware that Hino is into her too, but even after this cheek kiss does Hino know that Koguma is into her? That's the only area in which I think there might be backtracking.

see:

Koguma straight up asking for it for 3 minutes is the cutest/lewd thing and i'm here for it. Thirsty bear.

hino had to have seen kogu waiting with her lips ready for a kiss for 3 minutes. thats a pretty good indication i think.

For a normal human, yes. But for a manga protagonist, you can never underestimate their denseness.

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

The latter half of this story really needs the romance tag.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

So three... Theories? Questions? Thoughts?

First, is that it was Hino's convoluted way of answering Koguma's question. Because Koguma (I assume second-guessing her own question) says that she had to be imagining things when she asked if Hino tried to kiss her. So Hino kisses Koguma (on the cheek) and says she imagined it, admitting to it.

The second is that it was just a weird way of saying "I'm not ready to fully dip my feet into this pool" by Hino. As in not ready to advance their relationship.

Third, the usual, is that it means nothing and was just meant to be a cute scene between two cute dolts.

Whatever it is, I wonder if we're just going back to the usual school shenanigans, since this was supposed to be the "last event" of the summer break.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Just beautiful

joined Sep 11, 2019

We're getting there lads, I hope for smooth sailing from here.
Must be because I'm listening to "Bury the Light" but they need even more MOTIVATION to do more of these cute flirty moments.

200124035842-812n
joined Aug 24, 2016

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

So cute.

joined Dec 4, 2017

im dead i cant believe my eyes

joined Jun 28, 2018

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Ohdear
joined Jul 12, 2017

Move aside quantum stabilized atom mirror, Hino is the smoothest thing in the world.

joined Aug 29, 2019

First, is that it was Hino's convoluted way of answering Koguma's question. Because Koguma (I assume second-guessing her own question) says that she had to be imagining things when she asked if Hino tried to kiss her. So Hino kisses Koguma (on the cheek) and says she imagined it, admitting to it.

The second is that it was just a weird way of saying "I'm not ready to fully dip my feet into this pool" by Hino. As in not ready to advance their relationship.

Third, the usual, is that it means nothing and was just meant to be a cute scene between two cute dolts.

Whatever it is, I wonder if we're just going back to the usual school shenanigans, since this was supposed to be the "last event" of the summer break.

All three apply. Hino gave a convoluted answer that was indirect, but intelligible. Koguma knows what happened. Hino knows what happened and that Koguma is also aware. Despite knowing this and that Koguma seems to be very much okay with it, she's not ready to outright commit. Likely because, as mentioned in prior discussions, she sees herself as not deserving Koguma, almost pathologically so. She wants to be with her, but thinks she mustn't, so she goes about it in roundabout ways.
All that and it's a cute scene between two cute dolts.

And now that they've established this tentative position, I'm all the more curious to see how they'll go about tiptoeing ever further into lands unknown.

last edited at Mar 10, 2022 7:55AM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

All three apply. Hino gave a convoluted answer that was indirect, but intelligible. Koguma knows what happened. Hino knows what happened and that Koguma is also aware. Despite knowing this and that Koguma seems to be very much okay with it, she's not ready to outright commit. Likely because, as mentioned in prior discussions, she sees herself as not deserving Koguma, almost pathologically so. She wants to be with her, but thinks she mustn't, so she goes about it in roundabout ways.
All that and it's a cute scene between two cute dolts.

And now that they've established this tentative position, I'm all the more curious to see how they'll go about tiptoeing ever further into lands unknown.

Hino seems to have a lot of past trauma/baggage. I don't expect any true romantic development before we get a ''Koguma helps Hino come to term with stuff'' arc

last edited at Mar 10, 2022 8:08AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Hino seems to have a lot of past trauma/baggage. I don't expect any true romantic development before we get a ''Koguma helps Hino come to term with stuff'' arc

Yeah, I mean, it generally is easier to work through issues when you've got someone near and dear helping, and it's been clear from the first volume that there are issues. Tropes generally don't develop in a vacuum. We still don't know any details about them, which is kinda remarkable 96 chapters in, all we have are hints and theories. Hino mentioning her grandma in this chapter stood out to me as well in that regard.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

@Zormau ^

Yes, a perfect Hino-san no Baka maneuver—gave us what we want without actually giving us exactly what we were looking for. As you say, Koguma now knows and Hino knows she knows and Koguma knows that Hino knows she knows, but without the requirement that they make explicit the premise, “We are in love with each other and want to kiss (on the lips) and hug and do stuff, probably eventually with no clothes on.”

So we’ll see where it goes from here. (I guess the question is whether this is just narrative edging or, in the end, orgasm denial.)

last edited at Mar 10, 2022 8:28AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

@Zormau ^

Yes, a perfect Hino-san no Baka maneuver—gave us what we want without actually giving us exactly what we were looking for. As you say, Koguma now knows and Hino knows she knows and Koguma knows that Hino knows she knows, but without the requirement that they make explicit the premise, “We are in love with each other and want to kiss (on the lips) and hug and do stuff, probably eventually with no clothes on.”

So we’ll see where it goes from here. (I guess the question is whether this is just narrative edging or, in the end, orgasm denial.)

Yep, instead of going right to the question the last volume of Bloom into You and the more recent chapters of Can't Defy The Lonely Girl pose ("So we've become a couple... now what?"), they're asking "So we're kinda into each other and know it, but... how do we go about this getting together business?" It sounds really similar to your typical "Will They Won't They", but it kinda feels different. It's also refreshing that "we're both girls" seems to not be a factor.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It sounds really similar to your typical "Will They Won't They", but it kinda feels different. It's also refreshing that "we're both girls" seems to not be a factor.

I think it’s important that we always remember that Koguma was down with Hino sucking on her nipples from the very first chapter.

Ostensibly to facilitate Hino’s academic progress, to be sure, but complete with blushing, ba-dumps, and requests to “be gentle.” IOW, it’s pretty clear that for Koguma “we’re both girls” has always been a feature, not a bug.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

So what are the chances of someone from Hino's past appearing to give us some backstory type of deal situation? Or are we betting on Koguma stumbling upon something by accident or an even more crazy idea, Hino being honest?

joined Aug 29, 2019

So what are the chances of someone from Hino's past appearing to give us some backstory type of deal situation? Or are we betting on Koguma stumbling upon something by accident or an even more crazy idea, Hino being honest?

Hino's not gonna come out and say it. It's either gonna take Koguma prying or some external source butting in (which I probably wouldn't like as much).

@Blastaar
About hugging and doing stuff with no clothes on... I mean, they kinda already have, just in their usual roundabout ways. It'd be nice if we got to see them earnestly enjoying it, too :D

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

@Zormau ^

Yep, instead of going right to the question the last volume of Bloom into You and the more recent chapters of Can't Defy The Lonely Girl pose ("So we've become a couple... now what?"), they're asking "So we're kinda into each other and know it, but... how do we go about this getting together business?" It sounds really similar to your typical "Will They Won't They", but it kinda feels different. It's also refreshing that "we're both girls" seems to not be a factor.

Yuri in general has gotten a lot more sex positive in the last few years. It's moving slowly but I for one am really happy about that, as a lesbian and as a reader. I hope this trend continues and we get to a point where physical intimacy is treated as a completely good and normal part of a romantic relationship.

last edited at Mar 10, 2022 9:27AM

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Yeah, I mean, it generally is easier to work through issues when you've got someone near and dear helping, and it's been clear from the first volume that there are issues. Tropes generally don't develop in a vacuum. We still don't know any details about them, which is kinda remarkable 96 chapters in, all we have are hints and theories. Hino mentioning her grandma in this chapter stood out to me as well in that regard.

hino's grandma knowing the area is interesting in itself.

we know extremely little about hino's family, but we do know she's moved around a bit. i'll have to go back to a very early chapter with a flashback and try to suss out more details.

when kogu stays over one night (and shares a bed with hino in her underwear), hino tells her that she doesn't expect her parents to return that night. kogu also notices a family altar.

does hino live alone? is her grandma around? if so, why haven't we seen her? we can assume her grandma (if she's real) has lived in the area for a while at least. is hino lying about her grandma to hide the fact that she spent a lot of effort trying to find the perfect spot for a kiss on her own? or is hino's grandma dead and she remembers her grandma showing her this spot as a kid? maybe her grandma is in a hospital? etc.

... tbh, I don't really care that much as long as there is more teasing. all i really need to sustain myself is loving bullying. it's what gives me life.

you need air and water? i need gentle bullying manga.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

hino's grandma knowing the area is interesting in itself.

we know extremely little about hino's family, but we do know she's moved around a bit. i'll have to go back to a very early chapter with a flashback and try to suss out more details.

when kogu stays over one night (and shares a bed with hino in her underwear), hino tells her that she doesn't expect her parents to return that night. kogu also notices a family altar.

does hino live alone? is her grandma around? if so, why haven't we seen her? we can assume her grandma (if she's real) has lived in the area for a while at least. is hino lying about her grandma to hide the fact that she spent a lot of effort trying to find the perfect spot for a kiss on her own? or is hino's grandma dead and she remembers her grandma showing her this spot as a kid? maybe her grandma is in a hospital? etc.

... tbh, I don't really care that much as long as there is more teasing. all i really need to sustain myself is loving bullying. it's what gives me life.

you need air and water? i need gentle bullying manga.

The theory was that her parents are both dead, explaining the altar and why she is living alone and the fact that she is vague about her parents.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

The theory was that her parents are both dead, explaining the altar and why she is living alone and the fact that she is vague about her parents.

sure, but i'm more curious about her grandmother.

but we hadn't heard anything about her before. they obviously don't live together, or she would have had someone to care for her when she was sick. etc. etc.

X
joined Mar 20, 2020

They shoul just keep using BAKA instead of JERK.
Pretty cute series.

Thumbnail_5a23d300cc738989a894c6273ef293a6
joined Jul 8, 2017

I'M DEAD
WE GOT ACTUAL PROGRESS
[legit screamed out a little "woo" at page 10 while I was reading the chapter]

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

For a normal human, yes. But for a manga protagonist, you can never underestimate their denseness.

I'm just imagining Hino's brain making dial-up modem sounds for three minutes as she tries to make a connection. Or more probably, struggles intensely to accept the obvious connection.

To reply you must either login or sign up.