Forum › Swallow Tail discussion

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

I just reread this series carefully (in both available translations)

Tbf, both "translations" are nearly identical. In fact, we basically just copied Toeto's version an just edited some of the lines for grammar and context. Overall, though, everything was kept the same. That said, we just now switched over to our own TL, with Chapter 4, so feel free to compare it to the OG and provide feedback as to the translation

I was just double-checking each chapter to make sure I hadn't missed anything in my reading. (Only the Toeto version has that list of characters at the end of Chapter 1, however.)

Yeah, mainly because that's actually absent from the Korean version, which was the version Toeto used. We're using the Japanese version, which actually has extra content that the Korean version doesn't have

last edited at Feb 8, 2022 7:27PM

S
joined Jan 12, 2021

LESBIAN ADULT IDOLS WHO LOOK THEIR AGE? AND A TOMBOY BULLY TURNED ACTRESS BACK TO FINISH WHAT SHE STARTED? FINALLY SOME GOOD FUCKING FOOD. WHO HAS A FORK.

YES I LOVE IT SO MUCH. FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS SCREAMING SO THAT I CAN FEEL MORE CONFIDENT ABOUT TYPING IN ALL CAPS. I NEED MOOOOORE.

last edited at Feb 12, 2022 12:32PM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Sooo…just curious but what resolution are these being uploaded at? Cause they are taking, like, 5 times as long as any other chapter page to load.

Also, still not liking Seungha. But maybe she’ll grow on me. Just don’t like this type of personality.

Oh and still don’t like her manager or agency for not giving her any clue what she was walking in to. I’m sure that’s part of idol work but it’s a shitty thing to do to someone that you employ/manage.

last edited at Feb 16, 2022 1:05AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Lilisionnach posted:

Sooo…just curious but what resolution are these being uploaded at? Cause they are taking, like, 5 times as long as any other chapter page to load.

Thank you for noting this, I messed up my export without noticing. Chapter should be about half as big now, much more in line with previous chapters. Sorry for the trouble!

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

LESBIAN ADULT IDOLS WHO LOOK THEIR AGE? AND A TOMBOY BULLY TURNED ACTRESS BACK TO FINISH WHAT SHE STARTED? FINALLY SOME GOOD FUCKING FOOD. WHO HAS A FORK.

YES I LOVE IT SO MUCH. FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS SCREAMING SO THAT I CAN FEEL MORE CONFIDENT ABOUT TYPING IN ALL CAPS. I NEED MOOOOORE.

This made me laugh. We really are starving out here.

Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

All 5 chapters have had a resolution of 1697x2400 px.

Thank you for noting this, I messed up my export without noticing. Chapter should be about half as big now, much more in line with previous chapters. Sorry for the trouble!

Ah, looking back at it now, I guess this chapter's file size has been roughly around 1MB per page. By comparison, the other chapters were around 500kb

last edited at Feb 16, 2022 1:11AM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Oh so everyone's gay in this girl group? Typical K-pop

Av
joined Jun 7, 2013

Alright. Shion has her own partner (is it just me or her partner looks like her?) Potential love triangle is out of the picture now. Seungha can take Chaeyeon any time she wants~ This is just getting better and better. I LOVE IT HSDAJFLSJFAFS

last edited at Feb 16, 2022 4:22AM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I love that the triangle I was dreading did not come to pass. Now just hope they communicate and it won't be a century of misunderstandings.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

"Do I make you feel... uncomfortable?"

Gee, what gave that away? Swallow has only been locking up completely whenever you were in her line of sight for, like, five chapters in a row.

last edited at Feb 16, 2022 5:37AM

I’m hoping the brunettes I already ship are sisters.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The yuri equivalent of “egg in your beer.”

joined Mar 20, 2012

I love the short woman teasing taller woman dynamic, and those panel with the slippers were so damn good.

Korean mangas are really growing on me, kinda tired of the common high school settings for a while now.

Now, correct me if I’m wrong but with that phrase you’re implying that I’m asking for something great when I already have something good?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Now, correct me if I’m wrong but with that phrase you’re implying that I’m asking for something great when I already have something good?

Correct (I'm partial to old-fashioned expressions).

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I'm glad y'all clarified that bc egg in beer sounds super weird to me and I wouldn't have keyed that as a positive thing at all xD

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Ohhhh my lord how did I miss this?? This is alllll my favorite vibes. Fuck this is the good stuff. Inject this into my veins!!!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm glad y'all clarified that bc egg in beer sounds super weird to me and I wouldn't have keyed that as a positive thing at all xD

The expression is usually, "What do you want--an egg in your beer?" meaning an undeserved supplement when you already have a luxury item.

An egg (protein) in a beer did used to be a workingman's substitute for a real lunch.

You've already got your glam yuri here, and now you want your yuri wincest on top . . .

last edited at Feb 16, 2022 6:53PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

This is one of the most intense, bordering on torturous, depiction of sexual tension I've seen around these parts.

Shion's girlfriend seems to be So Yoon, and judging by her name she's not Shion's sister.

last edited at Feb 16, 2022 7:38PM

Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

Tbh, Incest wouldn't be uncharacteristic for Tima. That said, I don't think I've ever read a yuri manhwa, manhua, webtoon, or any other webcomic with incest in it (other than maybe one with stepsisters and another with incestuous sexual assault). Considering the rarity of incest in the medium, just seems that the market demographic aren't really into that kinda stuff so it would be odd just from that standpoint

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

huh. this is great. sign me in.

Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

gae idols
tima
yes i need this

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Sharp eyed girls are the best (。♡‿♡。)

Beenhereallthistime
joined Feb 8, 2022

Hmmm not really enjoying this. Some of the panels feel useless to me, and dialogue just looks so overly one sided between the two mc's. It reminds me of the Netflix series, You, where someone's talking to Joe and waiting for him to finish his internal monologue. Except in this case, there isn't really much internal monologue coming from Swallow. I'm all for a slow burn, but this just aint it for me.

Lmao yeah I was like wait.. but I had heard it from one of my grandmothers friends before and had remembered it. But still, it’s an interesting phrase.

To reply you must either login or sign up.