Forum › Swallow Tail discussion

joined Jun 11, 2016

this should be called "red flag: a chapter". Never before have I seen a 2d fictional character so utterly uncomfortable with something like this.

You know, although she hasn't done anything substantially wrong in the present timeline, it still feels like bullying to me. Like, she's clearly trying to make her uncomfortable and take away control of the situation from her.

Please, say it louder for the one in the back.

Unfortunately I don't see how something can be concentrating this exclusively on a pair of characters and not plan to have them together. But I'd rather see the light-haired one's face mashed in, to be honest.

You and I are so in tune right now. I would honestly rather see the black-haired girl get together with anyone else but that short girl.

Edit:

Oh my Gosh everything about this is so perfect, the sexual tension, the teasing, the caressing on her breasts, the blushing. This artist knows how to make some good food.

no wtf. That's the face of someone seeing their bully again and dying inside. The caressing on the breasts is literally an invasion of privacy, I would even go so far and say it was sexual harassment. Also that's not blushing because of shyness/embarrassment, that black-haired girl was panicking.

last edited at Jan 24, 2022 12:59AM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Ahhh I find Seungha absolutely seductive. And yes, the sexual tension, give me that good shit Tima. Their chemistry is the reason I never got tired of re-reading the first 3 chapters again and again in the past few years. Bully x bullied is sometimes a miss for me, but this is good.

Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

this should be called "red flag: a chapter". Never before have I seen a 2d fictional character so utterly uncomfortable with something like this.

You know, although she hasn't done anything substantially wrong in the present timeline, it still feels like bullying to me. Like, she's clearly trying to make her uncomfortable and take away control of the situation from her.

Unfortunately I don't see how something can be concentrating this exclusively on a pair of characters and not plan to have them together. But I'd rather see the light-haired one's face mashed in, to be honest.

You and I are so in tune right now. I would honestly rather see the black-haired girl get together with anyone else but that short girl.

Edit:

Oh my Gosh everything about this is so perfect, the sexual tension, the teasing, the caressing on her breasts, the blushing. This artist knows how to make some good food.

no wtf. That's the face of someone seeing their bully again and dying inside. The caressing on the breasts is literally an invasion of privacy, I would even go so far and say it was sexual harassment. Also that's not blushing because of shyness/embarrassment, that black-haired girl was panicking.

Welp, it wouldn't be Dynasty without something even as innocuous as this becoming the subject of controversy...

That said, she's just teasing her, "Bullying" her in the Takagi-san sense (i.e. two lovers engaged in cute foreplay). Chaeyeon took it as bullying, as a child, but I doubt Seungha ever intended that. She just always found her expressions of embarrassment to be cute. In a way, her being reunited with her after around 14 years, she wanted to see if she'd make the same cute expressions if she teased her, again.

As for Chaeyeon, though, all she remembers of Sengua is "That boy who used to bully me when I was little...the one I was actually sad about getting transferred" but she still isn't sure if it's the same person (not until a couple more chapters) so it's not like she's panicking over seeing her bully, again; she's simply trying to figure out who she is but that teasing is implying to her that it's the "boy" who used to tease her, as a child.

Also, the discomfort she feels is simply embarrassment but it should be obvious it's because she feels aroused by her. It's pretty clear lesbian flirting/subtext and her inner gay is emerging to it. It's the classic "unabashed gay" X "shy/awkward gay" couple.

last edited at Jan 24, 2022 12:40PM by OrangePekoe

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Like I don't think so, Chaeyeon looks very genuinely uncomfortable here, and sure it can be Seungha's intention to just do a bit of flirty teasing, but it's not arriving to Chaeyeon as flirty teasing. and that's not a bad thing like this can be a story about reuniting with your childhood bully and realising they never meant to actually bully you, and thought they were just teasing you in good faith. Like it's not illegal for characters to start off on the wrong foot and growing closer together over the course of a story despite starting off kind of badly

last edited at Jan 24, 2022 5:30PM

joined Sep 7, 2021

Not sure quite what this art style is but I am into it. It feel like a lot of effort though.
Also how was that 1st chapter not subtext.. The tension was so thick, you could cut it with a butter knife.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(2)
joined Oct 3, 2021

Son Seungha is so attractive. If someone said that to me while caressing her face against my fingers I'd go crazy. She's way too seductive though, seems kinda dangerous.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Edit:

Welp, it wouldn't be Dynasty without something even as innocuous as this becoming the subject of controversy...

That said, she's just teasing her, "Bullying" her in the Takagi-san sense (i.e. two lovers engaged in cute foreplay). Chaeyeon took it as bullying, as a child, but I doubt Seungha ever intended that. She just always found her expressions of embarrassment to be cute. In a way, her being reunited with her after around 14 years, she wanted to see if she'd make the same cute expressions if she teased her, again.

As for Chaeyeon, though, all she remembers of Sengua is "That boy who used to bully me when I was little...the one I was actually sad about getting transferred" but she still isn't sure if it's the same person (not until a couple more chapters) so it's not like she's panicking over seeing her bully, again; she's simply trying to figure out who she is but that teasing is implying to her that it's the "boy" who used to tease her, as a child.

Also, the discomfort she feels is simply embarrassment but it should be obvious it's because she feels aroused by her. It's pretty clear lesbian flirting/subtext and her inner gay is emerging to it. It's the classic "unabashed gay" X "shy/awkward gay" couple.

I can't agree with that.

Throughout this chapter Chaeyeon's expressions are a sharp contrast to Sengua's; while the later mostly consists of rounded shapes, with her eyebrows slanted upwards at the center and the corners of her lips quirked upwards, Sengua's expression consists of sharp lines, downwards tilted eyebrows, and the corners of her mouth often quirked down. A similar pattern extends to the lighting, where Chaeyeon's face is brightly lit, while Sengua's eyes are almost always shaded, to some extent, including one full page panel that actually has the downward slashes and dark shading used to signal extreme distress in anime.

Overall, Sengua seems to shift between various states of shock, confusion, and distress. She almost glaring at Chaeyeon in most panels. Sengua might find her attractive, but that's not why her face is turning red.

Also, it's worth noting that she's not normally a "shy/awkward gay". Part of what kicked this chain of ... teasing ... off was Sengua thinking Chaeyeon wasn't comfortable acting intimate with another woman and assuring her she does it quite often.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah so chapter 3 does confirm that Chaeyeon was uncomfortable, but like, that's not a bad thing. In order for stories to happen characters are allowed to start off on the wrong foot, it's the development towards a better relationship that is what makes these kind of stories good anyway.

very excited to see more beyond this and I sure do wonder how this is going to resolve the fact that Seungua for sure did bully her when they were kids and how that will clash with the admittedly yes pretty obvious attraction now that Chaeyeon has put her thoughts more in order.

last edited at Jan 30, 2022 9:30PM

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

We are now all caught up to Toeto! Now it's our job to pick up their torch and run with it to the finish line!

That said, anyone who wants to peek through the spoiler tags of any of my previous posts are now welcome to do so because those spoilers are no longer spoilers and we're both on the same page.

last edited at Jan 30, 2022 9:47PM

joined Dec 17, 2021

Well, I'm here for tall women al over each other and the story has delivered.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Swallow dying of embarrassment due to remembering past Swallow is both incredibly well done and uncomfortably relatable.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Overall, Sengua seems to shift between various states of shock, confusion, and distress. She almost glaring at Chaeyeon in most panels. Sengua might find her attractive, but that's not why her face is turning red.

Ikr?? Dear God, the girl is literally in panic mode, how can the shorter girl not see that.

That said, she's just teasing her, "Bullying" her in the Takagi-san sense (i.e. two lovers engaged in cute foreplay). Chaeyeon took it as bullying, as a child, but I doubt Seungha ever intended that.

Seriously? First, teasing somebody so much that made them uncomfortable and "took it as bullying" IS bullying. That is literally just the gay version of "he's bullying/pulling your hair/shoving you down because he likes you" bullshit.

Second, it doesn't matter what her intention was, what matters is that she made the other person uncomfortable and that needs to stop. Remember guys, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

last edited at Jan 31, 2022 2:31AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

Not sure if this was intentional, but the pace was really slow during the second half of the shoot when they were... doing whatever they were doing, and picked up again while Chaeyeon was talking with her friends. Like time slowed down when they were interacting. I wonder if this was intentional, in a "time slowed down when I looked into your eyes" kind of way.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Ikr?? Dear God, the girl is literally in panic mode, how can the shorter girl not see that.

That said, she's just teasing her, "Bullying" her in the Takagi-san sense (i.e. two lovers engaged in cute foreplay). Chaeyeon took it as bullying, as a child, but I doubt Seungha ever intended that.

Seriously? First, teasing somebody so much that made them uncomfortable and "took it as bullying" IS bullying. That is literally just the gay version of "he's bullying/pulling your hair/shoving you down because he likes you" bullshit.

Second, it doesn't matter what her intention was, what matters is that she made the other person uncomfortable and that needs to stop. Remember guys, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

I feel like the bullying she felt is going to be addressed, especially given the yellow-haired friend's concern and stare.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

oh my, spicy yuri is spice.

joined Sep 1, 2017

Art is nice but staring at each other for 2 chapters is too slow paced. Gonna have to pass but I hope the rest could still enjoy it!

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

"We definitely wont meet again, right?"
Of course, in this incredibly niche industry, within the same area, with a successful photo shoot that got the director happy, I am sure the chances of another collab are very slim. A mere 89%!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

A reminder that romance stories are not Human Resources Guides to Optimal Social Behavior.

If we got rid of every romance story that started off with one half of the MC pair getting flustered by the actions of the other, we'd have . . . a lot fewer romance stories.

last edited at Jan 31, 2022 11:20AM

Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

Art is nice but staring at each other for 2 chapters is too slow paced. Gonna have to pass but I hope the rest could still enjoy it!

To be fair, Tima uploaded the first 3 chapters on day one for free (hence why they were the 3 chapters Toeto had done). We were just scanlating these weekly, hence the slower pace. However, I can assure you that the pacing will now speed up to something more like what you saw with the latter half of this chapter

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

"we'll never see each other again"

Ha ha ha ha

WRONG

Silly comic character, DANCE FOR OUR AMUSEMENT.

joined Dec 30, 2020

Well, I'm here for tall women al over each other and the story has delivered.

yes, so much

...it's just so tragic that they're never gonna run into each other again, right? pfffffttt

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(2)
joined Oct 3, 2021

I fail to see how Seungha taking her apple, giving her milk she didn't like and grabbing her hand are bullying. She was just an annoying kid at worst, and nothing we have seen so far compares to "pulling hair/shoving down".

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I fail to see how Seungha taking her apple, giving her milk she didn't like and grabbing her hand are bullying. She was just an annoying kid at worst, and nothing we have seen so far compares to "pulling hair/shoving down".

I think we haven't seen all of their interactions yet, and I also believe that part of why Swallow saw it as bullying was that by singling her own in that way, Seungha made her even more of an outcast from the rest of the class (that one frame where the classmates give her weird looks for letting Seungha step all over her). I get a feeling that Swallow has always been an introvert, so being put on the spot in front of everyone like that must have been mortifying for her.

Ana_wolf
joined Jan 4, 2022

First: I think people need to realize that the concepts of bully and teasing in many Asian languages are very close. So when Chaeyeon says she used too "bully" her it was probably of the teasing kind and not the harrassing kind. It's a very nuanced thing.

Second: "It's not like we'll see each other again." Famous last words spoken by every yuri protagonist, Chaeyeon.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

YIKES

To reply you must either login or sign up.