Forum › The Moon on a Rainy Night discussion

joined Jun 21, 2021

It had been a long time since I read the first chapter, but going back to it now, Saki was barely concealing her gayness from the start. Wouldn't be surprised if her mom suspected, lol. I'm glad to have a new non-subtext yuri series from Kuzushiro.

I thought it seemed pretty obvious that Saki was gay but I haven’t read any of Kukuzhiro’s other works so I didn’t know if this was just gonna end up like tropical fish with endless baiting.

Rereading chapter 1 it seems heavily implied that Saki’s mom knows she’s gay, or at least suspects it with the way she said “but you were never into piano that much were you?”

You’re right about the mom thing holy hell

Saki at the very least was pretty causal with how she blushed at kanon the first time they met while noticing her looks. He being gay seemed pretty apparent, but I really didn’t suspect she had a thing for her piano teacher.

The fact that we didn’t really get in Saki’s head was pretty clever way of not making the crush more obvious. She was clearly upset, but without more elaboration it could just be chalked up to being frustrated a teacher that’s been in your life for a long time is moving on.

But with this newest chapter and looking back that pure black panel when her mom says she was never into piano that much and her reaction really drives it home what it was really about.

Still I’m not fully sure if that’s her mom being fully aware, or if the black panel is supposed to be saki taking those words the absolute worst was. It’s hard to tell without hearing how the mom says it, but it seems pretty plausible she might have picked up on it maybe from the way saki talked about her teacher or something over the years idk

joined Mar 30, 2020

Saki giving major gay vibes this chapter. Queerbatron 3000

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

if i’m interpreting that last page right, we should already be free of that subtext tag… Saki probably already has a crush on Kanon, if we’re all in agreement that she kept studying piano just for her teacher. hopefully we’ll see some more romance from here… Kuzushiro really has a tendency to edge us GL fans ..

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

I like Kanon appearance a lot

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

they just have to be super friends

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Yeah, we've officially graduated from subtext now
Interested to see where the story goes, I initially thought that Saki reacted negatively to the marriage sign because of some parent drama or something, but in retrospect it seems pretty clear that she just dislikes it being made up of man and woman.

last edited at Jan 16, 2022 3:30PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Drop that subtext tag right now!!

joined May 1, 2015

Friend...Is that what we are calling it now.

Greenmage%202
joined Jul 29, 2017

NO MORE SUBTEXT BABY! THIS IS THE WHOLE TEXT NOW!

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Whoa, I didn't really expect for this to actually go yuri, or at least not so soon. Nice to finally have it shown clearly and not just implied.

I had the same reaction as Saki when Kanon explained the marriage sign. Well, my thoughts were more like "So... would gay marriage be two thumbs and lesbian marriage two pinkies, or what?" lol
Looking forward to how things will go from here.

last edited at Jan 16, 2022 4:46PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oh, come on girls, correct order of things, please! Confess first, then propose. :P

joined May 18, 2021

I think we've moved beyond subtext at this point

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I had the same reaction as Saki when Kanon explained the marriage sign. Well, my thoughts were more like "So... would gay marriage be two thumbs and lesbian marriage two pinkies, or what?" lol

Now I wonder if that's how Saki is going to express how she feels about Kanon eventually, by doing the "I love You" sign first followed up by that marriege sign but with two pinkies ^^;;

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

I learned some sign language years ago, this is making me want to go back and practice

Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

goodbye subtext, hello Aaaaaangst

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Now I wonder if that's how Saki is going to express how she feels about Kanon eventually, by doing the "I love You" sign first followed up by that marriege sign but with two pinkies ^^;;

that would be really cool actually, and I'm being completely serious here pretty ingenious storytelling if it does happen

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

When do they learn the sign language for Lesbian?

Akiko%20megaer%20think%20smaller
joined Aug 7, 2021

Enjoying this greatly, even before we got past the subtext. Definitely feeling this will only get better from here.

24fefbf6-c8f2-4310-a894-1da6fbb33cec
joined May 8, 2020

Yuri tag yesss

Spend%20(1)%20(1)
joined May 10, 2021

ohohohohoh! Nothing I love more than seeing the subtext tag evolve into.....

joined Aug 21, 2017

goodbye subtext, hello Aaaaaangst

The classic evolution

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

that would be really cool actually, and I'm being completely serious here pretty ingenious storytelling if it does happen

Unless this takes place over a very long span of their relationship, I feel like jumping to a marriage proposal would be kind of cart-before-the-horse-y?

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

More possible evidence to the mom maybe knowing, chapter 1 page 17, after Saki says how beautiful the random stranger she saw was and beaming while retelling the scene, mom silently smiles with a "hmm".

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

just go out already XD
they're so cute

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

i got some new info about sign language,i'll remember this

To reply you must either login or sign up.