Forum › The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This discussion

joined Aug 21, 2017

... ? Isn't this just about a misunderstanding, where Sakuma thinks they still have to work out the details of their company but Ataru has already gone ahead and made it happen ...

I think the implication is that Ataru confessed to Sakuma during the phone call.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That's what everyone's saying. I don't see it.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Considering the escalating degree to which the matter has been bugging Ataru lately and her having pretty much hit critical mass right in the previous chapter I'll be extremely surprised if this isn't her finally coming clean.

Plus I'm tolerably certain that even in Japan you can't just up and form a company with somebody without first getting their name (and probably that weird seal thing they do there) on all kinds of red tape, which as far as I am aware has yet to happen.

Tail_nap_by_twokinds-dc7pz78
joined Aug 11, 2016

eciN

joined Feb 18, 2015

Considering the escalating degree to which the matter has been bugging Ataru lately and her having pretty much hit critical mass right in the previous chapter I'll be extremely surprised if this isn't her finally coming clean.

Plus I'm tolerably certain that even in Japan you can't just up and form a company with somebody without first getting their name (and probably that weird seal thing they do there) on all kinds of red tape, which as far as I am aware has yet to happen.

Not "even in Japan"... ESPECIALLY in Japan. There is a reason why there are workplace comedies about people who work in public service and why the default "what are you gonna do with your life" thing in many school manga is, "Well, I could always take the civil service exam?" That's because the bureaucracy in Japan is just about peak insanity. A podcast done by a group of expats living in Japan who recently moved their studio to a new apartment, with the backing of a major entertainment company that sponsors them, detailed the process of signing the paperwork for something like an apartment lease and it sounds like a freaking nightmare. (One of the examples was that, despite one of the three being half Japanese and a native speaker of Japanese (He's lived there since he was eleven and could already speak fluently then), they had to have a translator there to read the entire document to them in English. When one of them, I forget if it was one of the officials or the leasees, made a mistake on a date or signature on something like page 26 of the document, all of which had to be signed and dated, instead of printing out THAT page and redoing it, they printed out the entire document and, yes, started reading it from the beginning... EDIT: Thinking on it, I think it wasn't even a lease, but one of them signing up for a membership at a fitness club/gym. I remembered that because it included rules like "You must not run on the treadmills. Only walking is allowed." Looks over at the guy behind them running on the treadmill... Okay then... sign that rule... rolls eyes... NEXT!)

The reason that the storyline in things like Ghosts in the Shell can't really be taken out of Japan is that they are not so thinly veiled attacks at the overweight bureaucracy and inability of the government to actually do anything even in emergency situations.

I would say, based on what we know about the characters and the scenes of their high school years that have been shown, it is pretty clear that Ataru has finally at LEAST chosen to come out, if not actually confess her feelings.

last edited at Jan 3, 2022 6:16PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Aaaaaawkward

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Aaah so happy for Ataru hope she will be happy now

joined Jul 26, 2016

So Sakuma was basically the only one around them who hadn't picked up on it huh. Isn't it sad, Ataru? :/

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

Side characters being 100% on-board with the mc being gay is one of my favorite things in yuri but it's so rare that I don't mind that this is a "they're a little confused, but they've got the spirit" situation

Jakuri%20av
joined Aug 26, 2020

lol, liked the reactions of the coworkers

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Ah, that was funny.

I hope the boss doesn't do something, tho.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Boss looks dissatisfied with the script. Or possibly positively surprised. Or something.

So she did indeed "confess" - or more like "informed her", I guess.

last edited at Jan 15, 2022 3:36PM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Rip Ataru's heart, it was gonna happen sooner or later but still hurts

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Maybe it's because usually I read only one chapter at a time, but going between these two gave some weird whiplash in how abrupt the transition was. I suppose it is like that more often that not. Still kinda wish we got more out of Wanko.

joined May 10, 2021

I still feel wary about Otaru.... I don't know, I just cannot trust her and can only imagine she'll bring drama

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Ataru should just get back with Wanko's voice actress colleague at this point. They seemed fairly compatible and they got along well enough. They could be more than just sex friends.

last edited at Jan 15, 2022 6:24PM

Images%20(3)
joined Aug 6, 2021

Ataru should just get back with Wanko's voice actress colleague at this point. They seemed fairly compatible and they got along well enough. They could be more than just sex friends.

But then she wouldn't be easy and free drama, even if cheap. Put in a bit of the director meddling and you got some nice, artificial and unneeded angst to spice up this mangas rut. Here's to hope that this will go like the past 90 chapters, in a mature and natural fashion- which was really enjoyable thus far.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

I wanna laugh at the jokes but I cant. This is frickin heavy.

joined Aug 21, 2017

So she did indeed "confess" - or more like "informed her", I guess.

When I read your earlier comment I thought "You're gonna see it real soon" lol

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

When I read your earlier comment I thought "You're gonna see it real soon" lol

tbf, in my mind everyone was talking about this hugely romantic and serious confession, not so much a "hey, just so you know ..." situation ^^; This makes much more sense with how things were going and the overall tone.

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

starts banging fists on table and chanting P O L Y ! P O L Y ! P O L Y !

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Those reactions... :D

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I feel bad for Ataru, but it's better to confess and to receive a proper rejection than to endlessly question whether your relationship could be different.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

^So true. Had a gal I grew up with from around kindergarten. I always had a crush, so I asked when we were juniors. She didn't want to be more than friends (lol), but I'll always be glad I asked.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Half sleep and half drunk (or just drunk), the friends of honesty... Welp! at least you know she's all for you!

To reply you must either login or sign up.