Forum › Kyou Kara Mirai discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This is soooo going to end up with a foursome.

Hopefully, otherwise the signs would point in a pretty bad direction...

joined Jul 26, 2016

If the way Nana-sempai and Miku were tittering between themselves poor Kyouko is very likely the only one out of the loop here...

joined Jan 6, 2018

WTH yo

Img-0803
joined Jun 25, 2021

Im good with poly, but for whatever reason I dont want this story going that route, I just want a spunky girl with her unassuming childhood friend ;-;

last edited at Oct 23, 2021 6:44AM

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Poly is a no, apart if it is clearly stated at the beginning the poly makes no sense to me

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I'd be fine with it (especially from this artist), but these characters feel like they would be better as separate couples.
I'm fine with whatever though as long as at least the main two girls finally get together.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I like how Kyouko is now so inured to Miku's antics she barely even reacts to that impromptu strip show lmao

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

I like how Kyouko is now so inured to Miku's antics she barely even reacts to that impromptu strip show lmao

I like how she strips out of habit and doesn't even realise she's doing it ;D

joined Feb 18, 2015

That's a fascinating philosophy... too bad I don't buy it as anything other than hot air... Then again, maybe she was just trying to distract sempai while she stripped?

joined Jul 26, 2016

That's a fascinating philosophy... too bad I don't buy it as anything other than hot air... Then again, maybe she was just trying to distract sempai while she stripped?

They're the same age ya know. Not that Miku wasn't the sort to concot elaborate bullshit for le shitz und giggles ofc...

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Poor Kyouko, the only straight girl in the quartet. The other three are 1000% lesbians. Straight girl in a foursome.

Kyouko < Miku < Mizuki <Nana.

Speaking of which, which anthology is this from?

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

This chapter (12.5) was an amazing example of how to hide naughty bits, well done author!

I'd be fine with it (especially from this artist), but these characters feel like they would be better as separate couples.
I'm fine with whatever though as long as at least the main two girls finally get together.

I agree with bitfarb, this doesn't feel like a poly ending

last edited at Dec 14, 2021 9:34PM

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

"Teehee"- te NANDAYO!!??

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Anything is an excuse to strip. :D

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

"Teehee"- te NANDAYO!!??

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

So many interesting quotes in this chapter :)
Thx 4 TL!

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Double Yoshitomi Akihito release in a day is just pure bliss.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Lot of people seem to be big fans of Yoshitomi Akihito. I dunno. I mean, I'm reading this, and it's kind of interesting, and there's always something interesting in the dialogue, but . . . at least half the characters just don't feel like people to me. This chapter actually felt a bit more naturalistic than many, but often it's either stiff or I'm just constantly thinking "What on earth kind of person would say/do THAT?!" all the time. And not in a "how gloriously weird" kind of way, just in a "This feels like a fake person constructed to create certain effects" kind of way. Similarly, the art looks good, but somehow reminds me that it's art rather than sucking me into feeling as if I'm looking at people. It's odd, I've read manga where the art was both not as skilled and more stylized and yet still felt warmer and more people-y than this, pulled me into the story more.

I felt the same way about, what was it (looks up), Sisterism--about these girls supposedly into each other's little sisters, and it always just felt like they were being maneuvered through the motions, I never felt like anybody cared about anybody or even seriously lusted after anybody, it was just this series of mildly ecchi events.

Overall, I'm always just on the edge of not quite feeling like bothering. So I don't quite get what everyone's so excited about.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Purple Library Guy posted:

Lot of people seem to be big fans of Yoshitomi Akihito. I dunno. I mean, I'm reading this, and it's kind of interesting, and there's always something interesting in the dialogue, but . . . at least half the characters just don't feel like people to me. This chapter actually felt a bit more naturalistic than many, but often it's either stiff or I'm just constantly thinking "What on earth kind of person would say/do THAT?!" all the time. And not in a "how gloriously weird" kind of way, just in a "This feels like a fake person constructed to create certain effects" kind of way.

Really well said, was literally just discussing this with someone the other day. Though I think of it less in a "and I don't like it / get it" way, and more of just an interesting observation.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Lot of people seem to be big fans of Yoshitomi Akihito. I dunno. I mean, I'm reading this, and it's kind of interesting, and there's always something interesting in the dialogue, but . . . at least half the characters just don't feel like people to me. This chapter actually felt a bit more naturalistic than many, but often it's either stiff or I'm just constantly thinking "What on earth kind of person would say/do THAT?!" all the time. And not in a "how gloriously weird" kind of way, just in a "This feels like a fake person constructed to create certain effects" kind of way. Similarly, the art looks good, but somehow reminds me that it's art rather than sucking me into feeling as if I'm looking at people. It's odd, I've read manga where the art was both not as skilled and more stylized and yet still felt warmer and more people-y than this, pulled me into the story more.

I don't disagree with anything you say, except I don't go to this mangaka to find people to relate to. For me there's always something very distinctive and compelling about the art itself, and there's usually something interesting about the author's sensibility, if only in the sense that the main thing I can predict about what will happen in the story is that it will be something on the odd-to-deeply-weird spectrum.

There are plenty of warm, people-y authors out there; that's the default mode of romance manga. Yoshitomi Akihito is for me a welcome change of pace, and they're not so prolific, in the yuri genre anyway, as to wear out their welcome.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I have to admit, I enjoyed this series when it started, but I've really lost my enthusiasm along the way. I probably have some attachment to Akihito because Blue Drop was what first introduced me to the term " yuri ", but this just feels gratuitously provocative at this point. He has things that I like, but there's also plenty that just doesn't appeal to me. And it wouldn't surprise me to find that the things I like don't appeal to those who like this or Sisterism or the like. Not a criticism; just different tastes.

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Agreed with Blastaar, Yoshitomi Akihito just isn't the kind fo author that I go into thinking that I'll get super developed and realistic characters but mostly unique settings with incredible artwork and a weird uncanniness with how the characters behave.

Also Hen Na Nee-san exists and that whole experience was one of the most hilarious fever dreams I've ever ventured into so their work hold a special place in my heart, especially if it's the weirder ones.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

What I really love about this work is how much movement is in it, there's just so much motion even though two characters just might be talking. There are a lot of manga that have just a lot of static dialog scenes so something like this is refreshing.

joined Jun 9, 2018

I don't like this type of Yuri, who strongly implies infidelity, Miku is too cunning, she feels as if she had already fucked the other two sempai, one even calls her "master" to add salt to the wound. Sad that this kind of trope is still on the rise.
It should have the cheating or NTR tag, it's obvious that's what's happening and that's it. It doesn't even have the Tag drama. It is really annoying to come across these Yuri/cheating without being properly cataloged.
I drop this, I finished watching Lily system and as I see it it's something similar or even worse than this, I don't like it at all, so I'll drop this.

last edited at Feb 6, 2022 10:38AM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Miku: Hey, don’t get upset over something you can’t and don’t want to change about yourself. You are you, and that’s enough.

Also Miku: Hey, since we aren’t at the stage in our relationship where we can have sex, let me wear your underwear so I can get some indirect contact.

To reply you must either login or sign up.