Forum › Kyou Kara Mirai discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

N-NANI? QUINTUPLE-TRACK DRIFTING?!

last edited at May 21, 2022 1:32PM

joined May 31, 2018

This series is so unpleasant to read now I don't know why I still haven't dropped it yet.

I've reached that point now. Dislike at least half the characters now and I don't really care to give them time to become likable again.

Smirk
joined Oct 6, 2021

Whoops, she got a little too into it lol bad time to brag

This series is so unpleasant to read now I don't know why I still haven't dropped it yet.

I actually agree with you on this I think. I'm sticking with it for now but for some reason I'm really not enjoying it as much anymore, I think ever since this weird triangle (square?) plot has been introduced.

Literally anytime a triangle is introduced to a manga my enjoyment drops down to basically zero... So tired of them

joined Jul 26, 2016

Not sure what part of this reads like "actual love triangle" instead of "conspiracy to poke fun at the useless lesbian friend in denial (and maybe get her out of the closet)" to you guys...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Not sure what part of this reads like "actual love triangle" instead of "conspiracy to poke fun at the useless lesbian friend in denial (and maybe get her out of the closet)" to you guys...

Joke on you, it's that exactly who irk me. It's just 3 girls just poking fun again and again just because it's fun. It can be funny at first but it starting to get old and annoying.

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Well for Miku and the long haired girl i'm pretty sure it's really a conspiracy but Mizuki really gives the impression that she wants to own everything and get the big harem, even her attitude with Kyouko in the previous chapters was ambiguous.

joined Jul 26, 2016

but Mizuki really gives the impression that she wants to own everything and get the big harem, even her attitude with Kyouko in the previous chapters was ambiguous.

I'll believe that when I see it. Because she reads more like fully aware of the tropes associated with her "prince charming" image and getting a real kick out of playing them to the hilt.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Joke on you, it's that exactly who irk me. It's just 3 girls just poking fun again and again just because it's fun. It can be funny at first but it starting to get old and annoying.

Inclined to agree. It gets old when one character is lead by the nose all the time, no matter how much of a "useless lesbian" they may be. I get that that's the tone they probably wanted to go with this but eh. In a way I almost wish she had actually said "I am done with you stupid games" and left, see Miku being the one reacting for once.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I don't even care what the end goal is, the mind games themselves just make this such an uncomfortable read.

joined Feb 1, 2021

When literally everyone you hang out with is a huge troll.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Since people are starting to dunk on this, I guess I'll join in - I think I mostly stopped caring about these characters because it's clear by now that they aren't even remotely realistic - it's just a bunch of exaggerated characters serving some wacky manga plotline, not people you might actually encounter. The fact that half of them are trying to be some scheming snarky masterminds doesn't help either.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I love this series to bits.

Just like with "Sisterism" before, what Yoshitomi Akihito promises, he delivers.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

i agree most of the characters come off as pretty unlikable at this point...but i keep clicking anyway. doesn't hurt that i really like the art style, and i guess i am still kinda curious where the author is taking it?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I love this series to bits.

Just like with "Sisterism" before, what Yoshitomi Akihito promises, he delivers.

ik, r?

95% of readers' objections to this series ("unrealistic," "mind games," etc.) can be answered with, "This is a Yoshitomi Akihito story."

joined Dec 13, 2020

^ This. Exactly this.

Edit: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH KYOUKO YOU BIG DORK I'M ROTFLMAO AT YOU HAHAHAHEEHEEHAHAH TALK ABOUT SNATCHING DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY HAHAHAHAHAH

last edited at May 21, 2022 3:46PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I honestly didn't have any problems with Sisterism, other than it lacking a proper ending. This, however...

Midna%20and%20zelda_1w2
joined Apr 2, 2014

Nana and Mizuki are goddamn annoying, Mizuki especially, ever since they butted in between the girls, the series' been a lot less fun.
Mizuki is some weirdo creep who needs to buzz off and back to her own ho, leave the main couple alone. With these 2 constantly stealing the spotlight I feel like we've barely seen anything between the girls because Mizuki is too busy clamjamming and creeping on them. Can't wait for them both to buzz off so we can go back to the actual main characters...

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Miku, did you take lessons from the Olive Oyl school of dating or what?

"Let's you and him fight, and the winner takes me! ♡ "

This happened more times than I can count in the Popeye comic, and Popeye usually was the loser in the first fight... resulting in Olive happily dumping him and throwing herself in the arms of the winner; and then Popeye had to win her back in a rematch. (He was always happy to get her back... he never was like "Good riddance!" after being dumped...)

Leave it to Yoshitomi Akihito to bring this sort of plot development to manga, haha. It's so fun and campy! Thank you, Akihito-sama! (งᗒ‿‿ᗕ)ง

I wonder what's Kyouko going to do now? If we keep going by Popeye logic she totally has to challenge Mizuki to a rematch asap, with Miku and something else (maybe Kyouko herself!) as the stakes—and the deal being that winner takes all.

Better go eat your spinach, Kyouko. Heh heh heh.

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Okay there is no way they got that many prizes from a claw game in that length of time, my suspension of disbelief has been shattered

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Alright I am gonna go ahead and just say it. She is not worth the hassle, my poor poor girl. Go find another yuri couple and enter a poly relationship with them . I promise you it would be less of a headache.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

I wonder what's Kyouko going to do now? If we keep going by Popeye logic she totally has to challenge Mizuki to a rematch asap, with Miku and something else (maybe Kyouko herself!) as the stakes—and the deal being that winner takes all.

Better go eat your spinach, Kyouko. Heh heh heh.

"Popeye logic"...
Now my head is full of images of Kyouko and Mizuki fighting it out with bare fists over the love of Miku, and Miku giddily telling Nana "I'll go with whoever wins of course but I hope Kyouko wins as she's the one I really love" and Nana giving her the Wimpy-trademarked "oh you slut" nasty look.

...... Actually I'd read that story. I'd totes read the hell out of it. -_-

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

"I tried so hard, and got so far........."

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I think Kyouko is kinda an idiot at this point if she can't tell that those two are basically just trying to help her realize her feelings for Miku at this point she's beyond saving.

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Uh oh they got their hands on some embarrassing Mizuki photos, potentially for a certain contest. I hope they use that to knock mizuki down a peg. If she really is the same girl from "Lily System", I didn't like her cocky personality before. But, with how events unfolded in that series I was at least okay with the characters by the end. But if this is how she acts a few years later, she's kind of pissing me off.

joined Feb 1, 2021

They can't keep getting away with this!

To reply you must either login or sign up.