Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! (novel ver.) discussion

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

The web address is correct but might not be accessible for everyone. I personally don't know how to access it through there. The web novel will most reliably be found on the 刺猬猫 (Ciwei Mao) app.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Thanks for the translation! I like the manga and I was wondering about how it differed from the novel, since the end notes context often has information not present in the manga itself.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Now the real question is "Why are none of these sci-fi stories? Why do none of the protagonists get mecha?!"

It's certainly more rare than the usual fantasy stories, but there does exist some sci-fi isekai as well, e.g. Reborn as a Space Mercenary.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

really like the part where the author uses Yvonne as a mouthpiece to rag on exploitative gacha games and how you should spend your money on excellent indie games instead haha.

But yeah this is a great translation and it goes a lot more in depth about Yvonne's thought processes and how the world generally work in regards to the system and everything, it'll be fun to read this alongside the manga if the novel translation is continued of course

joined Dec 15, 2021

Thankssss so much for translating, I tried reading it raw but machine trans weren't good. Anyway looking forward to the whole novel being translated!!

last edited at Dec 15, 2021 3:38AM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

really like the part where the author uses Yvonne as a mouthpiece to rag on exploitative gacha games and how you should spend your money on excellent indie games instead haha.

But yeah this is a great translation and it goes a lot more in depth about Yvonne's thought processes and how the world generally work in regards to the system and everything, it'll be fun to read this alongside the manga if the novel translation is continued of course

Given the number of times I've seen people complain about how there are no good games anymore, and studios are only putting out repetitive and exploitative garbage, because they're only looking at AAA titles, I can definitely relate to her sentiment.

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

I didn't expect that the novel would be even more romantic than the manhua! I am loving this so much. "But I love being caught by you"!!! I'm glad that the novel reminds us how Yvonne's behavior must look to Elsa, who knows nothing of systems and could only think of her half-hearted bullying as pulling pigtails.

joined Jul 25, 2021

I've attempted to read a lot of Chinese web novels. Attempted being the key word because most Chinese fan translations are extremely hard to read. But this translation is really well done at least form my layman's perspective. So good job exited to read more!

joined Jul 26, 2018

I want to read this, but is there any way we could get an eBook (epub) version like Sneikkimies does?

I get why is uploaded like this, since dynasty is a manga reader, but reading text on an image is just... well I'll keep it to myself lol

joined Oct 3, 2016

So Evie's bullying was flirting from the start. I see.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I didn't expect that the novel would be even more romantic than the manhua! I am loving this so much. "But I love being caught by you"!!! I'm glad that the novel reminds us how Yvonne's behavior must look to Elsa, who knows nothing of systems and could only think of her half-hearted bullying as pulling pigtails.

Hehe, yeah, I love that side of the story. Yvonne's "bullying" must look to the world (and Elsa in particular) as the childish behavior of a little kid dealing with a first crush... that is, more teasing than bullying and intended only to catch the attention of the person in question!

And of course after Yvonne saved Elsa's life (risking her own life to do so) and killed the "mare" that had possessed Elsa, it's no surprise that Elsa would end up falling head over heels for Yvonne.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Clearly her "mistake" was writing her own name first. Although I can see the logic in this having much less impact on Elsa's reputation than doing it the other way around.

joined Mar 20, 2012

Reading Elsa's pov is so cute! All of this context that is difficult to get from the manga (even with the amazing TL's notes) is like the icing of the cake.

last edited at Dec 16, 2021 12:34PM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Tbh I'd be head over heels too if someone "bullied" me like that

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Clearly her "mistake" was writing her own name first. Although I can see the logic in this having much less impact on Elsa's reputation than doing it the other way around.

I was about to point out, there's an interesting discrepancy between the manga and novel. In the novel, she writes "Elsa ❤ Yvonne", while here she writes "Yvonne loves Elsa". The former allows some ambiguity as to who wrote it, especially if the translator also translated the ordering of the English version. In particular, it allows the other students to assume that Elsa is the one going overboard with a weird crush. This ordering, however, makes it clear that Yvonne wrote it.

Interestingly, the novel ordering also makes it clear why Yvonne would want to avoid dragging someone else in, since putting their name first invariably opens them up to ridicule. Conversely, if Elsa's name were first, it would be fairly easy to keep the bullying targeted at her by making it look like she's chasing after someone who's "clearly" out of her league. Somewhat ironically, that probably would have worked with Yvonne, given her status at the start of the story, so she actively chose the least damaging combination, for Elsa, at her own expense.

Gee, I wonder why Elsa thinks Yvonne really loves her. ...

On a completely unrelated topic, I also have a new (highly unlikely) theory for why the story isn't going the way Yvonne remembers:

What if the original version was a Yuri light novel, not a hetero gacha game. The reason the version Yvonne is familiar with doesn't include that route is because the publisher pushed the author into making it a more profitable gacha game, and the original love interest got exiled to the hinterlands as a result. The System, then, is trying to enforce the Publisher's vision, not the original story.

Then again, Elsa does say "Aren't you in this situation because of me?", in both version, so it might be that they're both from the 'real' world and Elsa recognized the villain acting completely out of character and put 2 and 2 together.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This ordering, however, makes it clear that Yvonne wrote it.

Not necessarily, such things are usually written by someone else accusing the people mentioned - as Yvonne was supposed to do before subverting the system's expectations. But it certainly makes clear who is supposed to have the forbidden feelings.

Screenshot_20200715-165719_1_1
joined Jan 1, 2019

Presence of the villainess route can also be explained by the gacha nature of the game: "So, you like the villainess, huh? Well, as the devs, we're not exactly saying that there is some secret villainess route, complete with its own storyline and tons of unique CG... BUT, if you keep those microtransactions coming, then who knows what may happen! (evil laugh)"

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Not a fan of isekai (especially game-themed) usually. But I have noticed that yuri-laden isekai is often much better (weird, I know cough). And this is great. And hoping for more.

joined May 24, 2019

The use of the word "Yamero!" in page 27 makes me all giddy. XD

I'm ever so grateful to riverFlower for translating this! Thank you! The comic is good, but the novel has its own unique delightful charm and I'm just loving it.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

The use of the word "Yamero!" in page 27 makes me all giddy. XD

Weebs are universal

last edited at Dec 21, 2021 6:52PM

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Not a fan of isekai (especially game-themed) usually. But I have noticed that yuri-laden isekai is often much better (weird, I know cough). And this is great. And hoping for more.

Maybe because isekai is essentially just fanfiction and we, the queers, have been making fanfiction for a looooong time to se ourselves represented. So it’s kind of old hat to the yuri readers.

This is almost certainly not consistent with reality but the idea of it makes me happy.

joined Dec 22, 2021

Huh, I wonder if Yvonne and Elsa already have the 'wings of the heart' or if it will be a later reveal to show how far their relationship has progressed.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Huh, I wonder if Yvonne and Elsa already have the 'wings of the heart' or if it will be a later reveal to show how far their relationship has progressed.

If I'm not wrong Yvonne is a wind magic user.
I'm basing my guess on 2 things: first, she was able to feel the presence of the dwarf teacher through disturbances in the air flow of the area; second, her magic seems to produce green light when invoked, and green is the traditional color for the element of wind in fantasy games.
If Yvonne and Elsa already have the 'wings of the heart' then... Elsa's wind magic should become super powerful?! That's my guess.

Me_avatar_smaller
joined Aug 4, 2018

Omg, everytime I see update for this I fell further in love with them ToT SO GOOOOOOOD

Screenshot_20200715-165719_1_1
joined Jan 1, 2019

OK, Elsa definitely knows.

To reply you must either login or sign up.