Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! (novel ver.) discussion

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Is Yvonnes middle name Osmium because damn that girl is dense.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

So this chapter pretty much confirms that Elsa understands at least some aspect of the villainess system

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Is Yvonnes middle name Osmium because damn that girl is dense.

Osmium pollution in the Nile River.

joined Jul 26, 2021

So this chapter pretty much confirms that Elsa understands at least some aspect of the villainess system

Probably not that much, but it does seem like Elsa suspects that something is going on with her.

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

Probably not that much, but it does seem like Elsa suspects that something is going on with her.

Yvonne mentions that the system only pops up when Elsa is near. How many times has Elsa witnessed Evie suddenly appear surprised/annoyed with no clear cause? Seen her reading something that isn’t there? And then proceed to ‘bully’ her? Just because she can’t see the system doesn’t mean she can’t see Evie interact with it.

Also, that bit about ‘you’re the same as before’ might indicate that Elsa’s reincarnated as well. So she could be aware of systems.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I love how Yvonne just absolutely sucks at being mean to Elsa. Holding her hand for ages whilst walking through school, then locking them both in a dark closet whilst trying to do whatever is needed to soothe her...
Yeah, with this kind of bullying I can totally see why Elsa fell for her, even if we disregard her suspecting something about the villainess system, it seems at worst like a sort of confused way of expressing care and drawing attention

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Yvonne mentions that the system only pops up when Elsa is near. How many times has Elsa witnessed Evie suddenly appear surprised/annoyed with no clear cause? Seen her reading something that isn’t there? And then proceed to ‘bully’ her? Just because she can’t see the system doesn’t mean she can’t see Evie interact with it.

You're likely right. And that makes me think there must be a heroine system that Elsa is forced to interact with.
Normally seeing another person stop on her tracks, look shocked and start reading something that isn’t there would be strange but wouldn't make you suspect that they are interacting with a game-like system....unless you have a similar game-like system with which you have to interact yourself. That's what I have come to guess anyway.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

You're likely right. And that makes me think there must be a heroine system that Elsa is forced to interact with.
Normally seeing another person stop on her tracks, look shocked and start reading something that isn’t there would be strange but wouldn't make you suspect that they are interacting with a game-like system....unless you have a similar game-like system with which you have to interact yourself. That's what I have come to guess anyway.

Man if Elsa is also being led by the system then the system is the best, literally making their own yuri

joined Oct 2, 2021

Master and puppy maid.

joined Mar 22, 2021

Where can i read this besides here in dynasty ??

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Where can i read this besides here in dynasty ??

There is a google doc link on the credits page.

joined Mar 17, 2022

Someone please tell me where to read the novel. Why can't I see it??

Miku
joined Feb 27, 2016

I couldn't wait and had to go through MTL... I swear, one of the characters is self insert of us Yuri shippers into the story

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 9:01AM

joined Mar 27, 2022

Since it looks like the translator has dropped this novel, hopefully another group will pick it up.

Someone made a pickup request thread of this on Novel Updates: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/please-bully-me-miss-villainess-gl.143614/ so maybe it will get picked up if enough people request it.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

The series has not been dropped.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Assumed as much, but nice to have official confirmation. I swear, people are so impatient...

joined Mar 27, 2022

Thanks for the confirmation. Any comment on when new updates may be released?

I'm not sure if it's different for scanlations, but the rule for novel fan translations is that after three months with no updates, it's acceptable for another translator to pick up a series.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I mean, other people can do whatever they would like. That novelupdate request has been sitting there for a month for example and anyone could have felt free to pick it up on that site.

As for updates, they will happen when other projects are done and life allows. There'll be 1.5 chapters before another hiatus.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Just to be clear, for those reading the author's note - she's referring to the web novel getting published on the Ciweimao app, and this note predates and has nothing to do with the recent monetization/paywall of the manhua.

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

Yay for yuri. I'm happy that the author can write what she loves and having success with it.

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

"Since nobody wants to see angst, 'Please Bully Me' will be wholesome all the way through."

I knew I liked this author.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

For anyone else who didn't know what the author meant by genderbender yuri vs pure yuri and was a bit confusion like me(looked it up):

seems like a lot of 'GB-yuri' stuff is basicly man in female-body doing ecchi/haremy yuri stuff, aimed at straight-man and their fantasies. Basicly a traditional straight story, but MC has female body

edit: I think I got it right, can be wrong tho

last edited at Apr 5, 2022 3:55PM

joined Mar 24, 2021

For anyone else who didn't know what the author meant by genderbender yuri vs pure yuri and was a bit confusion like me(looked it up):

seems like a lot of 'GB-yuri' stuff is basicly man in female-body doing ecchi/haremy yuri stuff, aimed at straight-man and their fantasies. Basicly a traditional straight story, but MC has female body

Sounds about right. Personally I’ve got qualms with the gender-bent genre cause it seems tedious. Like what’s the point of the character being a guy, I guess shock factor, but like girls can do the exact same thing and literally nothing would be different. Just write a het story at that point, or make it transgender cause then at least you’d have some logical reason and not some degenerate fantasy. This is coming from a straight male.

That being said, whatever floats your boat I guess. I’ll keep to my wholesome/slapstick series with occasional angst/drama. And people can keep to their fantasies.

last edited at Apr 5, 2022 8:09PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I'm admittedly not an expert nor do I read that genre but yes, that is essentially what gender bender/gender swap yuri is. Despite "yuri" being in the name, the character who turned into a girl or occupies a girl's body is still very much male. They experienced life as a man first, somehow turned into a girl physically, and still think of themselves as being male and are treated that way (when others know about it).

There is potential for interesting explorations of gender and increasing empathy towards a radically different set of life experiences, but I don't know how often that plays out in practice. Very little, I suspect.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

"Since nobody wants to see angst, 'Please Bully Me' will be wholesome all the way through."

I knew I liked this author.

*Japanese authors when they see no angst in the story:

I only like the GB-yuri when the guy being dominated all the time until he completely become a she :3

To reply you must either login or sign up.