Forum › A Fool in Love is a Fool Indeed discussion

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

And just like the brown girl said, "there's no smoke without fire". In the lesbian confession page in my country, there's always some girl who cries about her bi-girlfriend dumped her for a man. Heck, in 1 case even a bi girl complained about that. You can't deny the fact that bisexual girls earned themself a bad reputation

Biphobia is extremely misogynistic lmao

What biphobia about literally being dumped and sharing about that?

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Since you asked, the biphobia is the jump from

Heck, in 1 case even a bi girl complained about that.

to

You can't deny the fact that bisexual girls earned themself a bad reputation

That's a massive generalization unwarranted by the anecdotes you shared, and it's both biphobic and misogynistic.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Also I liked this story. It's comfortably within Yuni's lane (lady players, OL x OL romance) with her usual cute art and Takemiya Jin / Amano Shuninta-style endings. (Oh, and speaking of Amano, it's OK when Touma-kun does it but it's not OK when Yoshioka does it? Tch!)

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

IDK I always thought if you're bisexual, all things being equal why not go with what society expects. It's like I like girls and guys equally, but if I choose a same sex partner, I'll be discriminated against, family and friends might turn there back on me, and being with a same sex partner will also complicate starting a family of our own. Not to mention our kids will probably also be discriminated against. But if I choose a partner, of the opposite sex, it will pretty much be smooth saling through calm social seas. Plus starting our own family is easy as the the birds and the bees. Barring any medical issues of course.

I know matters of the heart are never that logical and down to earth. And there are many people who actually like challenging social norms. But on some level you have to wonder if that kind of reasoning at least contributes to bisexuals bad reputation.

Editted for grammar and spelling.

last edited at Dec 18, 2021 2:49PM

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

While I agree that the depiction of bisexual women is not great here, at least for Yoshioka we don't even know she's bi until the very end, I actually kind of assumed her to be straight.
Overall what bothers me more is that Matsuno holds on for ages to a crush and still seems completely dense and without any internal drive to do anything really, that just feels weird and forced in for story development purposes. But I appreciate that apart from the romantic and supposedly ever lasting relationships we get in other manga, this one shows a relationship that might work, but that is more likely to actually just crash and burn. Makes it more human in a way.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

IDK I always thought if you're bisexual, all things being equal why not go with what society expects. It's like I like girls and guys equally, but if I choose a same sex partner, I'll be discriminated against, family and friends might turn there back on me, and being with a same sex partner will also complicate starting a family of our owm. Not to mention our kids will probably also be discriminated against. But if I choose a partner, of the opposite sex, it will be pretty much mean smooth saling through calm social seas. Plus starting our own family is easy as the the birds and the bees. Barring any medical issues of course.

I know matters of the heart are never that logical and down to earth. And there are many people who actually like challenging social norms. But on some level you have to wonder if that kind of reasoning at least contributes to bisexuals bad reputation.

This is very interesting, I am a lesbian myself, dated some bi girls, some pan, etc, and I always thought they just leaned in more for the "easier" option, which is to date a man, which is actually also easy because it's hard to tell with girls if they like you, if they just like your hair, if they aren't pretty clear about their intentions.

And then there are people who want to have f amily, which I don't, adopted , donor, none of that. So, in my case, it's not biphobia, but you gotta ask the person about being in the closet, how much she cares for social norms, a possible family, etc, etc, etc.

Primary%20avatar
joined May 15, 2021

TBH, I'm getting some Aro vibes from Yoshioka, or at least demiromantic. Yes, the story says that she likes falling in love, but... well, I think you get the idea.

Also, really glad that Yoshioka made sure to get consent -- that situation could have gotten real creepy, real fast.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

So... Yoshioka is the first person ever to suspect Matsuno likes girls?

You'd think that, after sleeping with lots of men and finding that she just doesn't enjoy hetero sex, at some point some friend would have come up with the idea "hey maybe you're a lesbian?" or something along the lines...

joined Jul 21, 2020

Is this by the same one who made "I Love You So Much, I Hate You"?

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

You'd think that, after sleeping with lots of men and finding that she just doesn't enjoy hetero sex, at some point some friend would have come up with the idea "hey maybe you're a lesbian?" or something along the lines...

I always thought that, but after reading several true stories about first time lesbian experiences I've realised that it takes some women (And I assume men as well) a while to figure out their own hearts. I guess denial can be a powerful thing.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Is it weird I think all the interesting parts of the story were the ones skipped over?

joined May 24, 2019

Is it weird I think all the interesting parts of the story were the ones skipped over?

No, it's not, I think that as well.

Yes, indeed.

joined Jun 13, 2020

I think it was more of the combination of her both being drunk and with Yoshioka at the same time. Specifically the confessions she was making to and about Yoshioka helped Yoshioka figure it out.

Also, I get how Matsuno's situation can happen. I didn't start understanding my sexuality until my mid to late 20s.

The most unrealistic part is how it seems Matsuno hasn't had a crush on any other women to this point.

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

Blonde girl has no idea of real intimacy or commitment.

Was going to go on an epic rant about how her character reminded of Haru yo Koi, but she is not worth my undying hatred like Haru yo Koi,

Edit
Seriously, fxxx Haru yo Koi and ESPECIALLY fxxx the sister of the main character who threw her virginity away to a random guy then casually thinks "Now I am a woman" after.

last edited at Dec 15, 2021 7:29PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Yes, indeed.

This one. :D

K7gwfbovdc
joined Dec 2, 2021

Some of y'all don't understand bisexuality and it shows...but then again should be used to the biphobia on this website by now smh.
Besides that story was just fine.

last edited at Dec 15, 2021 7:25AM

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I always thought that, but after reading several true stories about first time lesbian experiences I've realised that it takes some women (And I assume men as well) a while to figure out their own hearts. I guess denial can be a powerful thing.

Totally, one male friend I had in uni basically used to not at all acknowledge that he was gay, then a guy at a party seduced him and they started dating, at which point he realised that he might not be straight after all

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

Matsuno finally learned that she's gay and now she may have a sex friend. Sure, she has it bad for a girl who won't ever want to be monogamous, but that's just life. She can move on and look for.a girlfriend instead of trying to force love with men which obviously isn't right for her.

Img_20190914_203449_543
joined Apr 14, 2020

I hope matsuno can move on and find a better person

Zzzz
joined Nov 18, 2019

This manga is the perfect example of asian CompHet and the lack of knowledge in gender and sexuality in a diverse way, don't really think the Bisexual needs to be here.

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

Wow! I hated that!

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a bad story, not at all; I just think it's rather.... mean. Knowing the author and her track record, one should not be surprised.

Matsuno doesn't realize her attraction to the same gender until well into her 20's, nor that she has a crush on a girl that has lasted since highschool. A rather common ocurrence keeping in mind heteronormativity and just her general lack of self-awareness. The woman she fell in love with doesn't seem very keen on monogamy, and is much more fond of just fooling around.

After all those years Matsuno finally manages to figure out that she's gay and has sex with her crush, knowing fully well that the person that she was in love with had no interest in her besides that one night. Even though she passed through hardships, even giving her virginity away ( something that seems to be of great regret for her ) all she received was an empty one-night stand ( presumably.) The final statement "love is useless" sums it up pretty well; A cynical look on a rather shitty situation were nothing was gained, and everything was lost.

When it comes to the bisexual situation, I'm rather split. In one side I agree that it is shitty that this kind of stereotype is rather common in yuri ( with the only exception I can think of being 'Still Sick',) but at the same time I feel like making Yoshioka bi helps to emphasize that she doesn't care who she sleeps with, as long as she's attracted to them.

With this said: what was the moral of the story? At least for me, it just showed me that comphet's a bitch n' a half for the 111th time. I only realized that I was gay until I was 19, and I feel pretty lucky to not have had a relationship before then; I would've made a ton of mistakes that I would regret deeply nowadays. These kinds of stories help me realize how heteronormativity can destroy someone's life. That's about it, see ya.

last edited at Dec 16, 2021 10:46PM

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

Wow! I hated that!

Don't get me wrong... goes on to type words that hold great truth

If they try to continue it will 99% end badly.

joined Jan 14, 2020

The most unrealistic part is how it seems Matsuno hasn't had a crush on any other women to this point.

Demisexual lesbian x aromantic bisexual.

Also, sequel: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/not_black_not_white
which makes a lot of the comments here funny in retrospect.

last edited at Dec 18, 2021 8:18PM

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

yoshioka a red flag.

To reply you must either login or sign up.