Forum › Posts by TonkTunk

joined Jun 13, 2020

So my take from all this. Rin was being a brat and Momoka was being self destructive. Teenagers are just so dramatic! Seems like they'll be fine though. The important part is that they're properly communicating now, so I don't even think the ending with Rin was all that alarming.

Though, I guess I'm more lenient reading stories with teenage characters. If this story took place in college of adult years, I'd be a bit more worried.

At the end, I was most interested in how Rin's father is doing.

TonkTunk
Water Depth discussion 23 Feb 16:02
joined Jun 13, 2020

Even after reading this n+1 times I'm still a bit confused. I guess the point of this is, that we should let kids be themselves and there will always be someone who loves them. Dunno. Also thought about if Fuyo is just eccentric, or does she have some kind of mental problem. This was one confusing manga o_o

It seems she has something going on, but the larger problem is that she lacked support. Fuyo should not have been isolated like that in the classroom. Even worse were her parents that were speaking of her like she was a burden and had her internalizing that shit.

I'm a 3rd grade teacher and even though this was fiction, it was making me very angry.

Thankfully she met Kei, even if it took Kei time to both mature and figure out her feelings and such.

TonkTunk
joined Jun 13, 2020

While, the manipulation and lying isn't cool Yoshioka's desire to sleep with multiple people is fine, especially since she has already told Matsuno about this ahead of time(Of course the other people should be made aware of this arrangement as well). I don't think this is something Matsuno can come to accept, so she should probably leave. Which of course is easier said rather than done especially when Yoshioka is playing mind games.

God, I've loved both these chapters. So messy.

joined Jun 13, 2020

So... Yoshioka is the first person ever to suspect Matsuno likes girls?

You'd think that, after sleeping with lots of men and finding that she just doesn't enjoy hetero sex, at some point some friend would have come up with the idea "hey maybe you're a lesbian?" or something along the lines...

I think it was more of the combination of her both being drunk and with Yoshioka at the same time. Specifically the confessions she was making to and about Yoshioka helped Yoshioka figure it out.

Also, I get how Matsuno's situation can happen. I didn't start understanding my sexuality until my mid to late 20s.

The most unrealistic part is how it seems Matsuno hasn't had a crush on any other women to this point.

joined Jun 13, 2020

I liked it. Stories that don't conveniently fall into place are my jam. I could see them at the least turning into sex friends. Matsuno knows who Yoshioka is and she doesn't seem immature enough to place too much hope in a relationship.

TonkTunk
joined Jun 13, 2020

Why not just... not do the chasing and settle in one spot... together?

It's good exercise.

Though they could also exercise 'together'.

last edited at Nov 21, 2021 12:34AM

joined Jun 13, 2020

The first chapter captured my interest, but the rest has been rather meh. Sort of the same scenario on repeat for three chapters.

TonkTunk
joined Jun 13, 2020

I really needed something that sweet to start off my day.

joined Jun 13, 2020

I don't read or watch this series just cause I know I'd be frustrated it doesn't go yuri lmao. Love this

I switched ships so fast once Maria was introduced into the novel.

joined Jun 13, 2020

The correct answer is all of them, Mei. All of them.

If she loves them all, then she should have them all!

TonkTunk
Pretender discussion 01 Sep 16:30
joined Jun 13, 2020

kodama got soft on this one, they're not really terrible
outside of the guy's thing, ayaka is just a poor girl trying everything she can just to not live miserable
mc is... well, i have seen worse

Agreed. Ayaka strikes me as someone doing a shitty thing, but not really a shitty person.

If not for the assault at the end, the mc would just be rather bland

last edited at Sep 1, 2021 4:42PM

TonkTunk
joined Jun 13, 2020

I guess I get this now. Miya started to get weird because she thought Nachi's change into a gyaru was some sort of 'play'. Miya started showing Nachi that she would basically be fine with any sort of play that Nachi might be interested indulging in. A very miscommunicated way of telling Nachi, "No matter how you change, I will always accept you."

Nachi, who was just trying to create some distance. Got confused by all Miya's craziness, but accepted it very quickly after realizing the reason for it all was because Miya wanted to stay close to her. Nachi also came to understand her childhood friend is insane and has to keep an eye on her.

TonkTunk
Naturies discussion 19 Jul 13:33
joined Jun 13, 2020

Some kind of Parody?
The story is incoherent as fk.

It's coherent. They are the reincarnations of these old characters. Though it seems their personalities and physical traits have been altered upon rebirth. I would say the part that was a little odd was Alice's dreams.

Edit: This is a lot to be packed into so few pages though.

last edited at Jul 19, 2021 1:34PM

joined Jun 13, 2020

I have no idea how such a bland one-shot got so much of a reaction out of the community here. There's just not enough content in the story to really draw much of any conclusion.

TonkTunk
Yoru to Umi discussion 22 May 19:30
joined Jun 13, 2020

Oh! The chemistry between the theatre girls is delightful. It's fine if their story ends here, but I would love to see more development between the two.

last edited at May 22, 2021 7:30PM

TonkTunk
joined Jun 13, 2020

God that ending was splendid. This story was boring me until the sister appeared and I got a hint of what was going on. Even better where it leaves the reader at.

TonkTunk
joined Jun 13, 2020

Omegaverse generally bores me, but stories that play with the tropes like this one entertain me. The added bonus of no rape was a definite plus as well.

joined Jun 13, 2020

Felt rather meh to me. I didn't really get to know the senpai enough to care that she didn't reciprocate the feelings. Often with short stories like this, I desire to know what happens next. With this, I just didn't care.

joined Jun 13, 2020

Oh. Another one of those trashy revenge stories where the adventuring party is made to be irrationally stupid and mean, so the reader empathizes with the main character more and thirst for revenge.

This formula is getting stale, but the yuri caught my interest.

TonkTunk
Pink Rush discussion 20 Apr 22:51
joined Jun 13, 2020

Reading through this, I felt like writer had certain opinions about transwomen. Other than that it kept my attention enough. Liked the art a lot.

joined Jun 13, 2020

This reminded me of a long term subbing assignment I did at an early education center. Children would tell me that they hated me and wished I was gone and then forget all about it 30 mins later when it was time for recess...

Good times.

last edited at Apr 20, 2021 10:52PM

TonkTunk
joined Jun 13, 2020

Never really understood the whole "being immortal is terrible" as if you couldn't find things to do and people to love being immortal for thousands of years.

I think the problem is being surrounded by mortals and not being able to relate to anyone anymore. Honestly, an immortal life would only be fun in a setting with space travel. One planet feels too small for an immortal, but being able to travel the galaxy without worry of life span would be neat.

TonkTunk
joined Jun 13, 2020

I prefer much less rapey humiliation, but I'll take what I can get I suppose...

TonkTunk
joined Jun 13, 2020

Stories about childhood friends who grew up together just come off to me like the author wants to write incest but is afraid of the stigma. This may just be me but I don't think I can be attracted to someone I've known since childhood

That's a stretch. Especially when there are quite a few incest stories out there and also the ability to do step siblings if they really want to sort of do incest without as much of a stigma.

I do agree that incest and childhood friend stories have similar tropes. One of the problems that generally pops up in childhood friend stories to create drama is one or both parties only ever viewing each other as basically brother or sister. But the difference in these stories are that incest has to stay secret while a relationship with a childhood friend can be public. Childhood friend stories often have other people wondering why the two are not dating already. That doesn't pop up in incest because the society would find it wrong. If someone does comment on two siblings being too close it is done in a way to point out it is weird. In this way there are different scenarios that can be played out through incest or childhood friend stories.

Basically, if someone wants to write incest, they'll just write incest. Pseudo or real. Childhood friend stories have enough difference that they are written for the childhood friend purpose.

joined Jun 13, 2020

What's that!?!

Bah god, it's a second ship out of no where!