Forum › Posts by TonkTunk

TonkTunk
joined Jun 13, 2020

Stories about childhood friends who grew up together just come off to me like the author wants to write incest but is afraid of the stigma. This may just be me but I don't think I can be attracted to someone I've known since childhood

That's a stretch. Especially when there are quite a few incest stories out there and also the ability to do step siblings if they really want to sort of do incest without as much of a stigma.

I do agree that incest and childhood friend stories have similar tropes. One of the problems that generally pops up in childhood friend stories to create drama is one or both parties only ever viewing each other as basically brother or sister. But the difference in these stories are that incest has to stay secret while a relationship with a childhood friend can be public. Childhood friend stories often have other people wondering why the two are not dating already. That doesn't pop up in incest because the society would find it wrong. If someone does comment on two siblings being too close it is done in a way to point out it is weird. In this way there are different scenarios that can be played out through incest or childhood friend stories.

Basically, if someone wants to write incest, they'll just write incest. Pseudo or real. Childhood friend stories have enough difference that they are written for the childhood friend purpose.

joined Jun 13, 2020

What's that!?!

Bah god, it's a second ship out of no where!

joined Jun 13, 2020

Recent research has uncovered an interesting fact. Sometimes human beings act irrationally because of this phenomenon known as "emotion".

Right? Especially when this is a problem that been weighing heavily on her. Plus, we saw how happy Subaru was when she thought Asahi was the one who was thinking about college. Subaru would probably love to finally give back to her sister by joining the workforce and helping Asahi get through college first. Not the most logical option, but emotions are a part of who people are. If Subaru just ignored her feelings and went to college, those negative emotions would probably plague her for the rest of her life.

Irrational or not, this was very good for the both of them.

joined Jun 13, 2020

risingstar3110 posted:

We need Haiji and Sasara to product a love child ASAP. So the little one can give aunt Tei all of the attention she needs

That's such an over the top way to fix her loneliness hahahaha why can't she just get a GF too? XDDD

checks notes

Yeah, I guess that would work too.

joined Jun 13, 2020

As far as that other girl knows she raped her, and is hiding that from her friend. Which is skeevy.

Exactly. Sort of gross. I didn't mind the hair sniffing too much, but it went downhill from there.

I was really hoping for Erika to reveal the spell failed before Nia went further. The cute art was ruined by the rape.

Didn't expect Nia to basically go straight to sexual assault. "Erika actually enjoyed it" doesn't make it any better, she still believes she sexually assaulted her friend and seems to have no bad feelings about it just because she thinks she's the only one who knows. Not a fan.

Yup, the lack of a sense of guilt made it all the more disgusting.

last edited at Jul 24, 2020 3:57PM

TonkTunk
joined Jun 13, 2020

That's right! Never change, character who I don't remember who you are!

You know, its the character that only gets development in the chapter extras.

joined Jun 13, 2020

The MC of the Novel's Extra would disagree on her beliefs about the luck stat.

TonkTunk
joined Jun 13, 2020

I feel like a lot of panels and dialogue is wasted on saying I love you, or I love that person. It's a bit annoying. Feels like there over telling instead of showing.

joined Jun 13, 2020

To the concerns everyone has had, I'd like to throw in my two cents. The first volume was pretty rocky with the unintentional playing up of the coerced labor and everyone being in on it, things start to ease up in the second volume though the cheesy stage yuri dialogue and cheesy standard yuri dialogue both come off as awkward and unaware of each other, but in the third volume Miman is really starting to get the hang of it all as the manga hits pro wrestling tier levels of kayfabe and campy dialogue. Anytime now Triple H-oneesama is going to come rolling in to challenge Ayanokouji to the Hardcore Hydrangea belt, I can feel it.

I have to agree. I bought all five of the current volumes and it definitely gets better.

TonkTunk
Pink Rush discussion 14 Jul 19:48
joined Jun 13, 2020

Oh I had forgotten about this one, it's really funny/pretty and underrated! But Sana, real talk, please go look for a girlfriend somewhere else, you defo deserve better.

The problem was sort of Sana here though. Maru seemed like she would be down to date if Sana didn't appear so frivolous like her playboy boyfriends from the past.

TonkTunk
joined Jun 13, 2020

What's the appeal of wanting someone to show neglect and apathy towards you? I dont get it and I dont like it

I get it and I like it.

joined Jun 13, 2020

This didn't really come off as sweet to me. I think the longer the lying went on, the more I couldn't get fluffy feelings from this manga. She just accepted that her partners has been lying to her? What a doormat. Toxic behaviour.

joined Jun 13, 2020

"She always works late, we are safe lol"

Yeah, no. I don't need a chapter 2 to know how this will end sooner or later.

Pretty much.

TonkTunk
Lily Marble discussion 13 Jun 04:48
joined Jun 13, 2020

I'd bet the manager will be involved with Nozomi's next chapter. I think there is a reason Nozomi witnessed the new manager with her partner. I feel the mangaka is using the manager as a driving force for Miyu and Nozomi's potential relationship. As it was also the manager who requested for Miyu's transfer. That's not to say the manager is intentionally doing this. I just feel that is her purpose for the narrative.