Forum › School Zone discussion

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'm wondering how Tsubaki has gone from mind broken to a total siscon. I mean Yokoe didn't change that much after geeting érejected" because she was already a bit of a goofball before but Tsubaki wasn't that much of a siscon before Hiiragi choose another school.

Her whole life she thought she had a good relationship with her sister, her entire life then crumbled when she startet to think that Hiragi might have hated her All along (pretty much their entire life), afterwards Hiragi got even colder towards her as seen in their non flashback interactions, its not hard to see why she would become desperate to regain that relationship she thought she had

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

All that and we still dont know what Hiragis problem is

...the general gist of it really should be fairly obvious by this point. But I'd say the lower right frame here encapsulates an important part of it.

A broken feeling of superiority over her sister is unlikely to be the whole story

last edited at Dec 13, 2021 6:21PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

By refusing to simply tell Tsubaki that she wanted to go to a different high school, and thereby letting her deliberately downgrade to a lesser school than the one she wanted, Hiiragi may have damaged Tsubaki's future prospects very badly out of nothing but petty spite and insecurity

FFS, Tsubaki would have go to any school as long as it was with Hiiragi.How it's Hiiragi's fault that her own sister can't stand up for herself ? If Tsubaki wanted a good university, she could have choose a good high shcool herself, she is not a damn kid. Tsubaki has damaged her future herself by wanting to follow her sister. Don't start blaming Hiiragi for that. Tsubaki is sabotaging herself here.

Munch
joined Mar 23, 2021

By refusing to simply tell Tsubaki that she wanted to go to a different high school, and thereby letting her deliberately downgrade to a lesser school than the one she wanted, Hiiragi may have damaged Tsubaki's future prospects very badly out of nothing but petty spite and insecurity

FFS, Tsubaki would have go to any school as long as it was with Hiiragi.How it's Hiiragi's fault that her own sister can't stand up for herself ? If Tsubaki wanted a good university, she could have choose a good high shcool herself, she is not a damn kid. Tsubaki has damaged her future herself by wanting to follow her sister. Don't start blaming Hiiragi for that. Tsubaki is sabotaging herself here.

Yeah but Hiiragi made literally zero attempt to communicate that she didn't want Tsubaki to follow her. Right up to the end, when Tsubaki had no chance to change schools, Hiiragi doesn't mention it at all. Surely she could have tried discussing it before the exams, and if Tsubaki was unresponsive, then you go with the deception. It's just quite a drastic step for something that could have been solved with words. Tsubaki clearly cares deeply about her sister and even if she is quite clingy there's a chance she would have gone to a different school if that's what Hiiragi told her she wanted. Also even if she does want to separate from her sister at school that doesn't mean she has to be a complete bitch at home.

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

blows nose at past tsubakis thought process

last edited at Dec 13, 2021 6:41PM

joined Mar 31, 2017

Call Hiiragi uncommunicative all you want and I'll agree, but setting Tsubaki up with the best prep school in the region was her way of showing that she actually cares about Tsubaki. She's clearly the type that hates talking about her own feelings and would rather hold a grudge for years than clear it up by talking about it. I'm sure you also know people like that. She also may be very smart but has no idea how other people work, pretty much the opposite of Kaname in that way.

last edited at Dec 13, 2021 6:43PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

...the general gist of it really should be fairly obvious by this point. But I'd say the lower right frame here encapsulates an important part of it.

A broken feeling of superiority over her sister is unlikely to be the whole story

"The one who's not Tsubaki" is the key phrase there.

Bbg
joined Dec 19, 2014

"Comedy"

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

I want to give Hinase a hug
She just wants to be close to her sister no matter what
If only these useless girls would stop being useless and have a heart to heart

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

There's a very simple reason why Hiiragi is getting more backlash from the audience than Tsubaki.
• Tsubaki: tries to be nice to her sister out of good will but hurts her on accident.
• Hiiragi: tries to deceive her sister out of malice and hurts her on purpose.

"Deceive: a statement or action to mislead, hide the truth, or promote a belief or idea that is not true. Often for personal gain. A major relational transgression that often leads to feelings of betrayal and distrust."

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

that was HOOLY SHIT that was HOOOOOOLY SHITTTT

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

crying at the club

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Thank you Mycro for your dedication to this manga. Good thing I read it after work coz I can't stop thinking about it. Shit hits differently re reading certain chapters like 82-85.

I was eagerly awaiting this chapter but now that I've read it....idk. I wasn't prepared for this isn't it supposed to be a gag manga wtf. Nah this is something special fuck. I'm still lost for words but I will say I'm on Tsubakis side. Even if separation from each other would make Tsubaki grow better as a person, I want them to be together so I don't like how Hiiragi tries to put distance between them.

Psx_20200501_015311
joined Sep 5, 2018

I went to the school zone for comedy, but got hit by the bus.

joined Jan 8, 2016

That's what it feels like to me as well. If it was that I'd expect a different reaction, more petulance, whining, not this cold constant bitter anger? There was a point where I thought it was just that, resentment leading to apathy, but the steps she took, hm.

I will say, having a clingy younger Irish twin who was not even a fraction as bad as Tsubaki here, I would be extremely annoyed if I wanted to be alone and he simply decided he wanted to be with me all the time. Of course, I'd just tell him that, lol, and tbh, we got along really well most of the time so it usually wasn't an issue. But in my worst moods, someone else deciding what they wanted was more important, even if it seemed completely innocuous on the outside, would only make things worse.

I wonder if the actual crux here isn't at the very beginning, when young Hiragi's like, I'm enough for Tsubaki, and then she feels that Tsubaki is trying to not only outshine but move past her, so she sulks for a while and then decides to grant her that.

last edited at Dec 14, 2021 2:14AM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

"But their relationships are starting to turn more and more into romantic comedies..." Bitch where? Where is the romance? It's only comedy (well, I can't even consider it comedy because I don't find it funny). I gave up on this manga on chapter 40 something because I couldn't take the obnoxious characters, unfunny humor and zero romantic progression anymore. Coming back to chapter 91, seems like nothing has changed, so I actually don't regret dropping this crap.

joined Dec 8, 2019

Yeah, that’s a pretty shitty thing to do to your sister. Hiiragi owes Tsubaki a pretty massive apology. I could be mistaken, but it looks like Tsubaki passed on the elite school too (unless that’s the one that they’re at but seems not to be given Yokoe’s study habits). So she kept her sister from attending a better school, even though she was secretly taking an additional exam anyways, so why bother?

Yeah, we see on page 230 the prestigious school Tsubaki got into that Hiiragi apparently intentionally bombed was "Seirin Academy High School", whereas the main cast, including Tsubaki, all attends Nishitaga high school (incidentally, in chapter 79 we learned Kishiya-san attends Seirin Academy University -- and, on the bonus page, that it is selective [side note: this is a nice reference to A Kiss and a White Lily, where the main setting is the high school Seiran Academy, which also has an attached university]).

Call Hiiragi uncommunicative all you want and I'll agree, but setting Tsubaki up with the best prep school in the region was her way of showing that she actually cares about Tsubaki. She's clearly the type that hates talking about her own feelings and would rather hold a grudge for years than clear it up by talking about it. I'm sure you also know people like that. She also may be very smart but has no idea how other people work, pretty much the opposite of Kaname in that way.

I was originally thinking this was Hiiragi's idea -- get Tsubaki to go to a great high school without her -- and also her reason for the secrecy, but if that's the case, why wouldn't Hiiragi tell Tsubaki about the ruse before she turned down Seirin Academy? What was the point of going through the rigamarole of pretending to apply to a school so Tsubaki would as well if she was just going to let Tsubaki turn that school down when Tsubaki got in but Hiiragi didn't?

joined Aug 21, 2017

I think the author has gotten better at these serious parts. Early in the manga, the way they switched between comedy and drama was like whiplash. Now they've given it its own place as nearly an entire chapter. I still prefer comedy, but I think they've done the drama pretty well this time.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

There's a very simple reason why Hiiragi is getting more backlash from the audience than Tsubaki.
• Tsubaki: tries to be nice to her sister out of good will but hurts her on accident.
• Hiiragi: tries to deceive her sister out of malice and hurts her on purpose.

"Deceive: a statement or action to mislead, hide the truth, or promote a belief or idea that is not true. Often for personal gain. A major relational transgression that often leads to feelings of betrayal and distrust."

This times 100.

Tsubaki was innocent the whole time and literally did nothing wrong. Literally the whole conflict between them is on Hiiragi not just talking to her sister about her issues and instead choosing to go out of her way to hurt her incredibly deeply out of mere spite.

She's been incredibly cruel towards her sister for the whole series but I'd been holding off on judging her too harshly until we knew what their deal was, but now that we know what it is; there's just no defense. Hiiragi REALLY IS a gigantic bitch to her sister for no good reason.

joined Jun 11, 2016

I'm wondering how Tsubaki has gone from mind broken to a total siscon. I mean Yokoe didn't change that much after geeting érejected" because she was already a bit of a goofball before but Tsubaki wasn't that much of a siscon before Hiiragi choose another school.

do you not understand chapter 91 at all? Tsubaki was ALWAYS dependent on Hiiragi since the god damn start. Tsubaki has always looked up to Hiiragi, idolized her even. In Tsubaki's mind, she and Hiiragi are inseparable, Hiiragi would always be next to her side and vice versa, "our whole world consisted of just the two of us". If anything, she was a siscon from the start.

joined Jun 11, 2016

That was a great chapter actually, love it when this manga suddenly has a serious chapter. This author has potential

bruh the series has over 90+ chapters now. If the author had no potential it wouldn't be this long. Seriously what's with the amount of people suddenly realizing that the author writes good stories?

Dang, what with the hate on Hiiragi ? What she does is pretty understandable. Imagine having your twin who always relied on you suddendly becoming better than you at everything but still thinking she is worthless without you. Hiiragi is just angry that her sister can't realize how good she is and instead insist on puttting herself down. Imagine how frustrating that is, having someone who is better than you but insisting on telling she is bad, it's extremlyfrustrating.

The reason for the hate is because, well, it's something that could really have been solved by any amount of communication at all. Even yelling or screaming about it would be a wake-up for Tsubaki. But instead, Hiiragi just lets everything happen and keeps it secret and even makes their parents keep things secret. It's frankly ridiculous, at least IMO, that neither parent would have the two sit down and talk.

I agree with both of you. Hiiragi was in a bad place but it doesn't excuse her terrible actions. And yes, if they just talked it out then all would be good, but as someone who was in Hiiragi's situation (didn't tell sb my frustration with them for 3 years+), I still can't hate Hiiragi completely.

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

I genuinely teared up at that last chapter. I find it hard to blame either of them, or clear either of them of blame either. A bad situation for both overall - I hope, eventually, it's settled.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

You know, if the reason of the separation had been that Hiiragi caught Tsubaki sniffing her underwear in 4k it would've made perfect sense haha, in fact for a while I thought it would be something like that, it explains everything except Hiiragi's antisocial behavior with everyone. Even Tsubaki who only cared about her sister is able to open up with others... Well, that's changing lately fortunately.

If this is the whole story, I hope that all the stories that follow would be about fixing the relationship from both sides... at least until she finds her sniffing the panties and is ruined again lo/

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You know, if the reason of the separation had been that Hiiragi caught Tsubaki sniffing her underwear in 4k it would've made perfect sense haha, in fact for a while I thought it would be something like that, it explains everything except Hiiragi's antisocial behavior with everyone. Even Tsubaki who only cared about her sister is able to open up with others... Well, that's changing lately fortunately.

If this is the whole story, I hope that all the stories that follow would be about fixing the relationship from both sides... at least until she finds her sniffing the panties and is ruined again lo/

Twins sniffing each other’s panties is just normal. The panties fit them both and you have to check if they’re clean ones.

Happens all the time.

joined Dec 14, 2021

Okay, I don't know if this was already discussed at one point but I really have gut-feeling that Kaname and Yatsude know each other/were a thing at some point in the past.
CHapter 39: Kaname made a 180° turn + her expression after the older twin showed what club shes talking about. Pretty sus.
Chapter 77: Yatsude being all mysterious about know a similar situation like our main pair.
Chaper 82: Kaname talks about her preferences. Someone who looks stern and angry alot. Yatsude open-eye expression is the perfect example of this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.