Forum › Posts by mycro

joined Mar 31, 2017

So is this series on hold or ongoing?

It's ongoing. It's up to chapter 12, but I'll wait for the next volume to come out for translations like before because the Comic Walker chapters have a horrendous quality.

joined Mar 31, 2017

Why the "Alternate reality" tag on the extra? This is from their high school time, even if the character design looks the same as their adult one.

joined Mar 31, 2017

Y’all, now that I think of it… Isn’t >Oiwa< supposed to he the woman with a disfigured face? I was reading the Yotsuya Kaidan after I searched for “Japanese ghost story of a woman with swollen eyes”.

The Oiwa Inari shrine in Shinjuku claims that the Yotsuya Kaidan story just used Oiwa's name while the events were either taken from what happened to someone else or completely made up. I wrote last year already that Yuino could have turned the ghost story Oiwa and the enshrined Oiwa into two separate characters and the divine spirit Oiwa feels compelled to help one of Japan's three great ghosts because of their folklore connection and not because it's Otsuyu. Otsuyu shouldn't have a disfigured face like that and nothing about Oiwa's ghost story should give her the power of creation.

By the way, these kaidan stories also exist in-universe and yet they haven't once connected the name Otsuyu to this mysterious missing ghost. Really makes you think.

joined Mar 31, 2017

The spooky window ghost has been in every single chapter, no exceptions.

where is she in chapter 3? That was the only one where I couldn’t spot her.

On page i-069.

joined Mar 31, 2017

The spooky window ghost has been in every single chapter, no exceptions.

mycro
joined Mar 31, 2017

Huh, artist done did a goof up. Last 3 pages Haruno has a choker necklace she didn't have at any other point in the chapter.

UNLESS THIS IS A CLUE.

That does seem like a big oversight. Or maybe Rasuko wants us to believe that Matataki put it on her before they went downstairs.

mycro
joined Mar 31, 2017

Typo: "nice AMD harmless alien" https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stardust_telepath_ch37#5

Thank you

mycro
joined Mar 31, 2017

It's gonna need 36 chapters for a 12 episode anime, how far are the raws?

The latest raw chapter is 36.

mycro
School Zone discussion 13 Sep 15:47
joined Mar 31, 2017

Holy crap nice find. For some reason I thought that was young Akutami but it's Yuka damn it's coming together very nicely.

Also the 2nd picture confirms it right? Matsuri and Akane are related.

I don't know how that picture would confirm that, but Ningiyau mentioned in a deleted tweet from 2020 that Akane is her cousin. Technically it was an image that called Fuji and Akane "related" and another that called two women "sisters", 小夜子 (looks like Akane's mom) maybe read as Sayako and 陽輪子 (probably Fuji's mom) whose reading I can only guess is Yoriko.

joined Mar 31, 2017

So any general idea when the new chapters are going to be translated and Uploaded here?

What new chapters? There hasn't been one since the end of volume 1. Yuino said they're coming though. And should they ever appear, I'll wait until volume 2 comes out because Comicwalker quality is seriously awful. So no real idea when. Either that or Dynasty will have to host translations made with awful image quality, should anyone even bother.

joined Mar 31, 2017

What's that line at the top of ch4 pg15? Was that there in the raws or did the redrawer sneeze?

mycro
School Zone discussion 12 May 05:09
joined Mar 31, 2017

Are the releases going to be weekly now ??

No. There's no simple release schedule for this series. New chapters come out on Pixiv on some Mondays, but their image quality is terrible. Around a month later (on the 10th, 20th or 30 of the month) they come out in actually useful quality somewhere else. Depending on how complicated it is to remove the text, how long the chapter is and how much time I have, I try to release my TL within a few days of that.

mycro
School Zone discussion 04 May 17:38
joined Mar 31, 2017

It's been a while so I don't really remember but have we seen this idol girl before/yet?

On TV in chapter 34. Since then only in background posters, mentioned in dialog and a news article and in art compilations from Twitter and Pixiv.

last edited at May 4, 2022 5:38PM

joined Mar 31, 2017

It's probably reasonable to assume that Otsuyu will show up at some point as the third of the great ghosts, but at this point I'm not convinced the ghost in the windows is her. None of her descriptions match someone with a disfigured face or even any wounds at all. If anyone fits, it would be Oiwa as she's depicted in many paintings and plays. The woman from the shrine who we're introduced to as Oiwa stands out too much from other spirits, too. She's the only one so far that actually has legs and no problem at all interacting with physical objects. And what about Oiwa's ghost story would give her the power of creation?

What I'm speculating Yuino is going for here is that both the fujo and window ghost are different versions of Oiwa, one the spirit worshiped at a shrine who's gained some aspects of the god Inari and the other from the ghost story, since apparently the real-life events that inspired Oiwa's ghost story happened to someone else. It could also explain why only otaku Oiwa can hear her.

And while I'm at it, the scratched-out name is of course also Ryouyo but spelled differently as 了誉 instead of the protagonist's name 涼世. The Banchou Sarayashiki story mentions a priest 了誉 who was called in to exorcise her.

joined Mar 31, 2017

That does remind me of something... How come us yuri lovers don’t have a name like fujoshi or fuxanshi??? (granted the origin of those names aren’t exactly good to begin with lol)

There is, and Ryou-chan used it in this chapter, but nobody would have known what a himejoshi is. I kinda tried to word my way around it, but if fujoshi already appears in the same chapter, the better option may have been to just leave it.

joined Mar 31, 2017

I don't think she was? I just went through ch.1 again and didn't see her anywhere. What page?

Page 025.

joined Mar 31, 2017

Is there any significance to the spook behind/inside the door glass on Ch.2, p.20? Reference gag to something else, or something important here?

There is. She was in chapter 1, too.

joined Mar 31, 2017

I feel like this needs the depressing as fuck tag

Violence, guro, depressing as fuck, tragedy, suicide. All viable, but all spoilers. Maybe wait like a week and then add them all to the final chapter? All of them together would obscure what ends up happening in the ending for later readers anyway. What do you think, mycro?

The first two would be nothing new for this series, but I do think the tags shouldn't spoil the reader on the specific ending in a series with this many chapters. For oneshots and very short works it can get you into the right mindset to already know it'll end in suicide since such stories will for the most part have a consistent tone in their narration and the MC's inner monolog. Clearly there were a lot of readers who didn't think Kitanai would end in death. Tragedy could work as a whole in its literary meaning, but depressing seems like a judgment someone could easily disagree with. Like maybe it wasn't the classic happy end but the best end they could have hoped for given all the flaws Hina and Airi couldn't change about themselves while still being together.

So if you really want to change or add tags, I would have no problem with "tragedy" for the whole series along with whatever tags apply to choking that ideally don't spoil that someone dies.

joined Mar 31, 2017

https://twitter.com/yh_magazine/status/1484018252007505920?s=21

According to this it’s not on break this issue, meaning we have two chapters to resolve things

That just says they published chapters from those 4 series on niconico. There wasn't a new chapter in this month's issue.

mycro
joined Mar 31, 2017

It's been a while, are those white triangle things under Umika's ears fancy earrings?

I think they're small hair ties. That'd be pretty low for earrings.

mycro
School Zone discussion 23 Dec 15:13
joined Mar 31, 2017

Any chance of a translation of the new relationship chart or is that only for people who purchase volume 4?

No, it's free for everyone. This'll be part of the eventual next extras compilation.

joined Mar 31, 2017

If it is a flash back, then why do we have the MCs together as in first day of school? Airi did not pick out or target Hina until they were iin school. It was her conscious decision to pick the most pretty girl. Yet in the first page, it seens that they were already super close. Also, if it is a flashback..WHO has it?

It is a flashback to the week before they entered high school. It's pretty much manga convention that black margins signify flashbacks. Airi and Hina already knew each other and were doing their fun stuff in middle school. In chapter 2 you see them hanging out, going to festivals and then talking about going to the same high school. As for who has it, I don't really see much of a point for the page existing except to tell you that this chapter is going to be about Ichika and that she's been in the background since before Airi knew her.

joined Mar 31, 2017

So many people forgetting about Aoi and Sana, just like Ichika did.

mycro
School Zone discussion 13 Dec 18:41
joined Mar 31, 2017

Call Hiiragi uncommunicative all you want and I'll agree, but setting Tsubaki up with the best prep school in the region was her way of showing that she actually cares about Tsubaki. She's clearly the type that hates talking about her own feelings and would rather hold a grudge for years than clear it up by talking about it. I'm sure you also know people like that. She also may be very smart but has no idea how other people work, pretty much the opposite of Kaname in that way.

last edited at Dec 13, 2021 6:43PM

mycro
School Zone discussion 28 Nov 12:04
joined Mar 31, 2017

it is just talking nonsense

It's not. Go match up the Unicode and Shift-JIS representations of the characters in the original text and you'll find out what it says. If anything, the way I made my text corruption is way easier to decipher especially since I pasted the whole text up there.