Forum › School Zone discussion

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

2021 and we still gotta make do with bread crumbs after nearing almost 100 chapters. We got a lot of people having to make so many jumps/assumptions/essays to feel better, but tbh at this point, it does just feel like the author is dragging it a bit much, no?

Well, it's a gag manga. I read it for the funny faces, not just the romance.

But also consider that the chapters are about 6 pages long on average. While we're at chapter 89, that's still just 4 volume's worth of content. And the story also follows several other characters besides the main couple.

last edited at Oct 24, 2021 7:27PM

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Sky-Ventus, racial slurs will not be tolerated on Dynasty Scans, regardless of how many letters you replace with numbers.

joined Apr 8, 2021

But also consider that the chapters are about 6 pages long on average. While we're at chapter 89, that's still just 4 volume's worth of content. And the story also follows several other characters besides the main couple.

4 volumes is a lot to have made literally zero progress. Like they said; it's 2021. Manga doesn't have to follow the conventions of decades long past. You are legally allowed to depict your characters being in a relationship without ending the story. There's no reason they couldn't have been together by the end of the first volume only for it to continue being a gag manga! I really wish mangaka would get over their crippling anxiety of ever drawing more than one chapter depicting two people in an actual gay relationship.

last edited at Oct 25, 2021 6:27AM

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

Decided to read this in a moment of boredom, now I've bingeread it. Rooting for Kaname x Tsubaki x Hiroko poly route.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Sad they didn't see hanabi but happy they made progress.

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

AHHHHG COME ONNNN UHHHGGGGGDNSJ

Atleast they made a lil progress ;_;

Pat%20dixon3
joined Nov 6, 2021

Sad they didn't see hanabi but happy they made progress.

Did they really make progress though? It seems like Yatsude is back to square one and is still in the friend zone, hey that would be better name for this anime than school zone lol

Anyone else hoping we get to see more of Matsuri x Kishya? Man i would pay a lot for a spin off series based on those too. Weren't they supposed to meet at the festival? or was that a school festival? I need ro reread this series.

Anyways hope it continues for a long time, so many interesting characters. Though I don't understand what Hiiragi deal is, why does she hate her sister?

last edited at Nov 7, 2021 9:02AM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

4 volumes is a lot to have made literally zero progress. Like they said; it's 2021. Manga doesn't have to follow the conventions of decades long past. You are legally allowed to depict your characters being in a relationship without ending the story. There's no reason they couldn't have been together by the end of the first volume only for it to continue being a gag manga! I really wish mangaka would get over their crippling anxiety of ever drawing more than one chapter depicting two people in an actual gay relationship.

I disagree, I think its very realistically justified why they haven't gotten together yet. It's not about being afraid of drawing characters in an actual relationship (you have the entire couple life tag for that) it's about internalized homophobia and fear of losing your best friend if you make a move, and all these very real issues people face.

Also, Yatsude totally knows something is up, I'm curious what she'll do about it

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Indeed, really hard to ask for advice... is not just the "forbidden love" but the FORBIDDEN LOVE on top of that. She can't ask for advice because she already knows the answer.

On the other hand, the idol plot sounds really interesting too specially with Yatsude involved.

Off Topic I just noticed that Runrin is not an uploader but part of the staff, great choice! feels like the site is in good caring hands.

last edited at Nov 11, 2021 4:45PM

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

I didn't think the Hiiragi/Tsubaki thing would go the incest route, but maybe...

last edited at Nov 11, 2021 2:09PM

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

Though I don't understand what Hiiragi deal is, why does she hate her sister?

Based on c45, seems like an inferiority complex maybe. She's probably like the "I'm smart and athletic but I feel I'm nothing compared to my big sister so I'm not gonna try and I'll just take out my anger on her cause I also hate she has such a meek personality even though she's so good at everything" type. There could be an added reason in their past that we haven't seen yet and it does seem like she admired her sister as well at some point, but unless Tsubaki herself intentionally did some terrible thing to Hiiragi, she really has no excuses for being that much of an asshole.

last edited at Nov 11, 2021 3:20PM

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Yatsude is just too perceptive isn't she. Only not with Rei because she's an enigma. Never have a anticipated the next chapter for this manga and that's saying something.

We popping the biggest bottles if Tsubaki and Hiiragi scissor reconcile with each other.

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Bruh with each chapter Yastude just becomes more and more based

Tumblr_b9119341864f4a413e9ee9aac568bb24_2bec616a_1280%20(1)
joined Apr 2, 2020

Am i the only one who doesn’t mind the slow progression lmao? i don’t want school zone to end

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

Yatsude's open eyes scare me on a physical, primal level. I feel like she's half a second away from reaching through the screen and clawing my jugular out.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I don't want to disregard your point, but I do want to add that they do that to straight relationships too. Most couples don't get together until the very end of a 100+ chapter story.

Pat%20dixon3
joined Nov 6, 2021

Based on c45, seems like an inferiority complex maybe. She's probably like the "I'm smart and athletic but I feel I'm nothing compared to my big sister so I'm not gonna try and I'll just take out my anger on her cause I also hate she has such a meek personality even though she's so good at everything" type. There could be an added reason in their past that we haven't seen yet and it does seem like she admired her sister as well at some point, but unless Tsubaki herself intentionally did some terrible thing to Hiiragi, she really has no excuses for being that much of an asshole.

Yeah lol inferiority complex is fine but that much of an asshole, you got interesting point if Tsubaki did something, maybe Tsubaki confessed and that made Hiiragi scared or angry or both, I hope we get to find out, find it hard to enjoy chapters with Hiiragi for this reason and I just skip them now when rereading.

last edited at Nov 13, 2021 6:04PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Yeah lol inferiority complex is fine but that much of an asshole, you got interesting point if Tsubaki did something, maybe Tsubaki confessed and that made Hiiragi scared or angry or both, I hope we get to find out, find it hard to enjoy chapters with Hiiragi for this reason and I just skip them now when rereading.

The inferiority complex gets amplified too by Tsubaki having such low self-esteem. Hiiragi might even take it as Tsubaki insulting her like "I think you're better than me but you think so low of yourself, how much less must you think of me then?" and that pisses her off majorly

joined Feb 9, 2021

I didn't think the Hiiragi/Tsubaki thing would go the incest route, but maybe...

Same. I thought Hiiragi was just the "typical" siscon that was just too attached to her sister because she didn't have friends and stuff, but turns out she might actually have crush on Tsubaki...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Same. I thought Hiiragi was just the "typical" siscon that was just too attached to her sister because she didn't have friends and stuff, but turns out she might actually have crush on Tsubaki...

You might have swap the names. Tsubaki is the siscon.

joined Apr 4, 2014

So....any chance we can get the new chapter early? As far as I hear it's pretty big, physically and mentally. If not don't worry thanks in advance.

joined Mar 31, 2017

So....any chance we can get the new chapter early? As far as I hear it's pretty big, physically and mentally. If not don't worry thanks in advance.

Unless someone else wants to release tiny pages in terrible quality, I'm afraid it'll have to wait a month.

joined Apr 4, 2014

Unless someone else wants to release tiny pages in terrible quality, I'm afraid it'll have to wait a month.

I thought it might be done by xmas so anything before is early thank you =D

joined Apr 11, 2021

Anybody know what the Chinese text on page 11 says? Also, I assume this means Yokoe is half Chinese half Japanese?

敂汬䌠獡整汬Ⅱ䤠氠癯❥浥‡敂汬䌠獡整汬繡
It's not Chinese, so no, it doesn't mean that. I imagine Japanese readers who went through the trouble of deciphering this had as much fun as I did.

it is just talking nonsense

last edited at Nov 23, 2021 11:03PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.