Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Girl gets knocked over and nearly suffers a serious disfiguring injury.

Customer who was sitting right there watching the whole thing: "Hey! Why haven't our orders arrived yet?!"

Jackass.

So much this.
Of course I guess he's not a real person (shrug).

Real customers are absolutely like this too with depressing frequency.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Wouldn't it be Elsa who unlocked the CG since she's the player character?

joined Sep 2, 2018

This has to be the most useless lesbians moment I've seen in a while. She really went and followed Elsa to work to "see who her new romantic interest would be," saw a moment where Elsa was about to be hurt, then saved her. You can even see how it would play out in a frame-by-frame narrative in an actual visual novel.

"I wonder what character will set off an irreversible chain of events here, in this place where I saved Elsa from being burned, showed concern for her safety over the customers, and got mad at her for putting herself in danger, all while revealing that I'd secretly followed her here out of an interest in her."

And I bet in a coming chapter she'll drop the "You've got it all wrong!!! I just want to make sure you can find a good partner and live a happy love-filled life!" which will REALLY trigger some things in Elsa.

EDIT: I just remembered this
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/please_bully_me_miss_villainess_ch06#4

Yuppp, welcome to the plotline you forgot existed. I bet the "villainess system" is actually whether she gets a good ending or not. Getting exiled at a younger age when she has time to rebuild her reputation instead of her parents being caught when she's an adult and involved, Elsa chasing her down to prove her affection, and now she has access to the small town with the restaurant that she's "seen" before but never played... I'm guessing this route is in the game by default, contrary to some people thinking it's a new thing.
I would even bet the "main character" choosing how to respond to the " Elsa <3 ____ " chalkboard antic is one of the player triggers to make this route possible.

last edited at Dec 8, 2021 9:09AM

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Do sort of wish that Evie/Yvonne was a little bit more aware of her feelings, as it almost seems as though the very idea of a same-sex romance has never occurred to her, in spite of how exceptionally honest and forward Elsa has been with her feelings for her.

Tbh, if vanilla otoges have been her only exposure to romance before getting isekai'd, it's not surprising that anything except girl-meets-boy lies beyond her horizon.

Adding to this, since it also seems like the specific otoge she's been Isekai'd to didn't have a yuri route, it's not out of the question to assume she "can't" romance the MC no matter how obvious the signs are. She already worries that she'll be forced to do bad things to the MC when they're just near each other, there's no telling yet what might happen it she tries to go against what the base game was as extensively as going for a route that didn't exist.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Yeah, something's very wrong with all this. This was supposed to be an Otome game with Elsa as protagonist / player character. The CGs should be of the guys she encounters, not of Elsa herself. And the problem is Yvonne seems to remember some of those Elsa CGs from when she was playing the game. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Then again, maybe Yvonne's memories got messed up when she got transported into the game. Maybe what she was playing wasn't an Otome game at all. Maybe it was a yuri game all along, and Elsa wasn't the player character but the main love interest. That's about the only way they could explain why there were Elsa CGs in the game.

last edited at Dec 8, 2021 11:30AM

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Yeah, something's very wrong with all this. This was supposed to be an Otome game with Elsa as protagonist / player character. The CGs should be of the guys she encounters, not of Elsa herself. And the problem is Yvonne seems to remember some of those Elsa CGs from when she was playing the game. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Then again, maybe Yvonne's memories got messed up when she got transported into the game. Maybe what she was playing wasn't an Otome game at all. Maybe it was a yuri game all along, and Elsa wasn't the player character but the main love interest. That's about the only way they could explain why there were Elsa CGs in the game.

I think you might be overthinking this just a tad. It’s not out of the questions for a CG to contain the MC in some instances (especially ones where the male love interest had been replaced with Yvonne), and the reason Yvonne is seeing the CGs is because she’s the primary perspective character, as well as the only one, as far as we know, with the knowledge necessary to comment and get angry at them. If she didn’t see the CGs, we, the readers, wouldn’t see the CGs, nor would we get the reactions to them, and then there’d be no point to the joke/gimmick. It’s a conceit for the sake of telling the story.

last edited at Dec 8, 2021 11:37AM

joined Sep 2, 2018

(especially ones where the male love interest had been replaced with Yvonne)

While I agree it's a conceit for the sake of the story, at no point are we told exclusively that there was no Yuri pairing in the original game.
- This restaurant clearly exists in the original game since Evie remembers seeing CG of it
- This restaurant is in an obscure border town that is far away from the main setting and presumably only becomes available when a character is on their "exile path"
- Evie straight up says she has never seen the content from this restaurant and has no clue who the love interest here is supposed to be
- So far, the only character confirmed to have an "exile path" in the original game is Evie

It has also been stated by the author that the character who got trapped as Evie has never played the full game because it was too microtransaction-y to keep her interest, and she only played the weeks that she was a beta tester - which is also before some paths would be available. I am (until proven wrong) guessing this path was in the original game and she just didn't know it because she never experienced it or cared about the game much after her initial weeks.

Considering this CG
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/please_bully_me_miss_villainess_ch02#2
HERE'S MY GUESS:

I would say this whole route's purpose is that if the main character connects with the "villainess" character, you find out the villainess actually cares about you more genuinely than anyone else in the school, at least early game. Even the character trapped as Evie says her role in the story is to bully Elsa "too much" so others will feel bad for her and stop bullying her. It's easy to see how this could be written into her character as a hidden route if you pursue it early enough.

Just as Evie starts opening up to you about how she wants to see you succeed and find happiness (remember the first chapter?), Evie gets exiled and removed from your life.
This entire route's purpose is that you give up your cushy life at the high-end school, never gain acceptance from your peers, and submit yourself to poverty and "common work" (Elsa lost her entire savings travelling to be at this school and now "has to work" to make ends meet) despite being a very capable prodigy, with the reward being that you get to be with the one person who cared about you before you were highly regarded. That's the "test" you have to endure to find "the one."

The plot would make sense if you follow all of Elsa's dialog, and wouldn't even necessarily have to be exclusive to Evie. If other characters have exile paths, the same progression of events could happen with them. But at the very least, we KNOW Evie has an exile path and know one of the ways she ends up on it (in this story) is by saving Elsa from falling off a building.

last edited at Dec 9, 2021 12:23AM

Zzzz
joined Nov 18, 2019

Most weird and extense roleplay ever

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Oh, she got something alright...

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

I find the pause before Elsa says "in this lifetime" interesting. It's not impossible this is a story where she is trapped in the game, forced to play it over and over, just like in "Beware of the Villainess".

joined Oct 2, 2021

The only thing better would be Elsa tieing Evie up.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Elsa used Puppy Eyes. It's super effective!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Behold the power of a romance VN heroine!

Seriously, though, I realize that uselesslesbian is the densest element in the universe, but how many more chapters will it take Yvonne to realize she and Elsa are going 120 kmh down the Yvonne route?

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

The story is cute and all, but damn, would you look at that outfit.... I know Yvonne already wore it last chapter, but I just can't get over how elegant and amazing it honestly is. Also the ribbon variant is great as well.
I want more fancy dress Yuri, honestly hope this series finds many excuses to show of more gowns and stuff, because so far the artist's been killing it

last edited at Dec 10, 2021 6:27AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

That was probably a bit too straightforward...
It was forward, all right, but there's nothing remotely straight about the two of you, so you're good.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

The ribbon is cute and all but it just makes it look (more) like a IFTV au.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Omg that ribbon tying scene was so cute!! Such a cute chapter overall.

So I figure I’ll take a stab at the whole CG unlocking and Yvonne route thing. My best guess is that since the person that has woken up as Yvonne only played the beta and doesn’t know what all is in the final version of the game, she wasn’t aware that the Yuri route of VillianessxHerione existed. She is still under the pretense that this is a purely M x F otome game. Also, since the system routinely tries to make her harm the heroine, Yvonne isn’t trying to get too close because she doesn’t know what else it’ll make her have to do to her. The closer you are, the more vile the acts may become and that would break her heart. As far as the CG unlock, it’s not like it wouldn’t be uncommon for the game devs to reuse the same CG for different cafe scene unlocks. Reusing assets saves money, especially if it is only including the MC in the illustration.

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

With more and more chapters, Yvonne stars to become more and more like Jean (from genshin)

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I find the pause before Elsa says "in this lifetime" interesting. It's not impossible this is a story where she is trapped in the game, forced to play it over and over, just like in "Beware of the Villainess".

I was actually thinking the same thing! I could totally see her in the same position as the aptly named Yuri from BotV

Atlantaicon
joined Jun 8, 2017

I was actually thinking the same thing! I could totally see her in the same position as the aptly named Yuri from BotV

Technically speaking, she could be going through the same experience, but with time travel instead of gameplay. Since, aside from the "system" thing, the world doesn't seem to run on game logic (besides the CG references, though I personally see those as jokes that don't necessarily have to impact the story).

Then there's the "the heroine is also reincarnated and loves the mc from their past life" trope, which amounts to pretty much the same from a broad perspective.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Girl gets knocked over and nearly suffers a serious disfiguring injury.

Customer who was sitting right there watching the whole thing: "Hey! Why haven't our orders arrived yet?!"

Jackass.

So much this.
Of course I guess he's not a real person (shrug).

Real customers are absolutely like this too with depressing frequency.

Understood.
To be clear, I didn't mean that he's a person in fiction. I meant, within the fiction he's, like, a creation of the game who may not have a true internal consciousness, so not even a depiction of a person meant to be real. So it's hard to hate the guy, he's just a limited program presenting asshole dialogue.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Behold the power of a romance VN heroine!

Seriously, though, I realize that uselesslesbian is the densest element in the universe, but how many more chapters will it take Yvonne to realize she and Elsa are going 120 kmh down the Yvonne route?

The basic problem is, she knows the game, and as far as her knowledge goes, the game defines the world in totally het terms.
Hence her "this lifetime" musing. If she's been isekai'd into the game world, she may feel that until she dies and reincarnates again somewhere else, she's trapped, with no yuri option having any chance of happening or, if it were to happen, of successfully bucking the game's enforcement of its rules for very long.

joined Dec 10, 2021

Does anyone know the title for the Webnovel that is talked about at the end of each chapter??? I wants to try and read it.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

It's possible that the game was going for something artsy with this "arc" and your perspective shifts to the Villainess until it's over, hence Evie getting the CGs. She mentioned the game being very micro-transactiony, so that could also be how SSR routes are handled.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

God I really wanted to give that one last push for their lips to touch on page 6

To reply you must either login or sign up.