Forum › Our Days Under One Roof discussion

joined Aug 15, 2021

Kon's got me all wrong. I'm not thinking about how adorable a couple, her and Ayu make. I'm wondering about how many people have suffered, because their partner was under the dilution of "If my lover truly loved me they would just know how I feel".

most couple that already in 1 year relationship even the marriage one still thinking like this.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

I too need someone to keep me alive

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Ayu tried to get the eggs to explode didnt she lol?

Is the tap water in Japan not drinkable or a bit minging? At least here in the uk only a very small % of people would only drink bottled water at home.

p.s I get a lot of headaches.. i doubt its related but it wouldnt hurt to try drinking more water i guess.. never heard before they can be caused by being a bit dehydrated.

last edited at Oct 16, 2021 8:18AM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Inui-sensei really is living the yuri dream! I can relate with a lot of stuff in this one, from having a hard time seeing my job as ''worthy'' when I was younger , to being told by some of my relatives that going to university was a waste of time (^^). Having someone in your life who respects you and your decisions makes all the difference in the world.

last edited at Oct 16, 2021 11:33AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Another great chapter

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Honestly my favorite part of this series is how I can relate to a lot of the problems or little hang ups that Inui Ayu has. Being in my early 20’s and still feeling like a kid, it’s nice to see a “real” adult who’s graduated college and still struggles with the same things I do, even if it’s basic stuff like eating well and hygiene.

Makes me feel like, if she can be successful and have a loving partner then so can I

joined Nov 22, 2019

p.s I get a lot of headaches.. i doubt its related but it wouldnt hurt to try drinking more water i guess.. never heard before they can be caused by being a bit dehydrated.

Oh 100% try drinking more water. That's the number one thing doctors suggest when you go in for frequent headaches. In addition, dizziness, lightheadedness, and even feeling tired after sleep are all symptoms of dehydration. Water is super important to our bodies and so if we can't get enough, they stop working 100%. So remember to stay hydrated everyone!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Oh 100% try drinking more water. That's the number one thing doctors suggest when you go in for frequent headaches. In addition, dizziness, lightheadedness, and even feeling tired after sleep are all symptoms of dehydration. Water is super important to our bodies and so if we can't get enough, they stop working 100%. So remember to stay hydrated everyone!

Absolutely. I have a few times even felt a headache coming on, remembered to have something to drink, and it went away; it can be that obvious.
Just to be clear, though, if you don't much like drinking water . . . it doesn't HAVE to be water as such. Every drink is made of almost entirely water, so as long as what you drink isn't too caffeinated or 30% sugar, it will have pretty much the same effect. So, fruit juice, milk, herbal tea, would still work.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Other Usual Suspects include low blood sugar (eat something) and lack of fresh air (open a window, assuming the air outside isn't cosplaying late 19th-century London). If the pain "migrates" from one temple to another, though, you're fucked cuz that's the distinguishing characteristic of migraine (hence the name) to which there AFAIK is no consistent fix or cure. (Modern medicine still doesn't know what even causes it.) Mom's had to put up with that shit all her life.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Water is super important to our bodies and so if we can't get enough, they stop working 100%. So remember to stay hydrated everyone!

Hydration is indeed extremely important.

last edited at Nov 13, 2021 8:15PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

The water in Japan is fine. That's true of other rich countries too, doesn't stop people buying bottled water for some reason.

I just checked some apple juice I have and it's 10% sugar by weight, so I'd say not the best thing to drink for hydration. But diluting it a lot can give you something more appetizing than straight water while not sending you to diabetes land. When I'm sick with a cold or bad throat, I often dilute orange juice a lot, the residual sweet and sourness make it go down a lot better than plain water.

Ayu seems to be something of a woman-child...

joined Jun 7, 2019

imagine having a gf who makes a manga talking about you and how good of a gf u are
or having one that makes sure you're eating healthy and forcing you to stay hydratated
couldn't be me :(

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@rainbow8 You say that but you'd be suprised- there are countries in europe where the tap water isnt great- i've even heard in various states in america you cant drink the tap water?

6dc89f5c-43ac-44ad-a0d6-fe9ddf4f2fb2
joined Sep 2, 2021

The water in Japan is fine. That's true of other rich countries too, doesn't stop people buying bottled water for some reason.

I just checked some apple juice I have and it's 10% sugar by weight, so I'd say not the best thing to drink for hydration. But diluting it a lot can give you something more appetizing than straight water while not sending you to diabetes land. When I'm sick with a cold or bad throat, I often dilute orange juice a lot, the residual sweet and sourness make it go down a lot better than plain water.

Ayu seems to be something of a woman-child...

She's a woman child because she's too busy with her deadlines as a mangaka to even consider drinking water? I disagree, I also forget to drink water like all the time. That doesn't make me a child, it just makes me forgetful, I often forget to because its not in my priority list unless I feel parched.

P.S. your idea of diluting juice with water is a no-no. Might as well drink plain water. How does sour water go down easier than regular water? Yuck.

joined May 28, 2021

Kon-san really is a treasure, Inui-sensei better hold on to her for dear life! It would be fun to have a chapter told from the other view point though, with what Kon-san likes the most about her, the little things that Inui-sensei does, etc. I have a feeling there's a lot more give and take than she suspects , as with any good long term relationship.

last edited at Dec 2, 2021 9:19AM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Always a good read. I have no idea that the mangaka is so much taller than her partner. Also, if this chapter is not a marriage advice, I do not know what it is. I did use to have a partner who called me when I was working...

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Reading this makes me reflect on all the little things I like about living with my partner. The dorky couple energy is contagious lol

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Its the little shows of affection like phone calls that really keep a relationship happy and healthy

joined May 28, 2021

Always a good read. I have no idea that the mangaka is so much taller than her partner. Also, if this chapter is not a marriage advice, I do not know what it is. I did use to have a partner who called me when I was working...

She's standing on top of the genkan when she's giving Kon-san her goodbye kiss. It's the small entry way directly in front of the door where people put on/take off their shoes in japan. You can sorta see the step on page 1, if you look carefully.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

She's standing on top of the genkan when she's giving Kon-san her goodbye kiss. It's the small entry way directly in front of the door where people put on/take off their shoes in japan. You can sorta see the step on page 1, if you look carefully.

That first page looks like a little bit of a drawing problem. From their postures it looks like maybe Kon-san is supposed to be below the step, or maybe with her right leg down putting on her shoe, but if you extend the ledge over, at least her left leg, and probably both, should be up top.

Looking at the other chapters, their relative height actually seems to vary--Kon-san is always taller, but the amount varies from almost no difference to 3/4th of a head. Kon-san is often notably a bit wider in her upper body, too.

I think the top panel here is supposed to be roughly their default height difference:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/our_days_under_one_roof_ch21#2

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

P.S. your idea of diluting juice with water is a no-no. Might as well drink plain water. How does sour water go down easier than regular water? Yuck.

Eh, personally I dilute juice with water all the time - it's actually the only way I can drink it currently.

One time I decided to stop drinking sugary stuff, and after that I just... couldn't drink OJ or any type of juice as-is, really. It just feels overly sweet and doesn't quench my thirst (like yuri mangas do (?).

This way they also last a lot more, which is really a godsend in a country with crippling inflation like mine lol.

Mind you, I don't overdilute them. I add a quarter of the juice's ml amount of water to it, so it tastes fairly juice-like.

K7gwfbovdc
joined Dec 2, 2021

Made an account just to comment how happy I am to find fellow juice diluters. Literally get dunked on for it everytime I bring it up lol.

Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Kon-san is a treasure, but Inui-san is also great for recognizing that Kon-san calls her all the time out of love/caring, cause a lot of people would take that the wrong way, as being patronizing/untrusting. ie "you think I'm so useless that I can't wake up without you having to call me??" something like that.

Basically, they (of course) keep showing themselves to be a great couple.

last edited at Dec 2, 2021 6:45PM

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

too wholesome…
im die thank u forever

joined Jan 14, 2020

Sweet and sour. Obviously less sour than straight orange juice. And just sweet if you use apple juice.

To reply you must either login or sign up.