Forum › And Thus I Was Picked Up By My Boss's Daughter discussion

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

nooo shimizu don't jump off the bridge

But to be serious, I liked Still Sick a lot and it seems like there's a decent chance I'll like this one, but I'm kinda bummed it turns out the author can only draw maximum of two different faces :P

last edited at Nov 18, 2021 3:41AM

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

oh,from Akashi!

yeah!! great,i think i'll like this

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Mhm. Seems like there's maybe more to this than the usual "casual suicide attempt thwarted by sudden appearance of love interest who then does pretends to double suicide with you after inviting you to live with them because their parent is a piece of shit".

joined Sep 6, 2020

Suspenders? Suspenders. SUSPENDERS! God I love women in suspenders, the world needs more of it.

joined Jul 8, 2019

The art looks kinda bad compared to still sick. The premise is very OTT, the characters resemble Maekawa and Shimizu too much, and I feel like I've seen this kind of plot before. Not that excited for the second chapter tbh, but I might give it a shot. Let's see.

I agree with everything you say, except the part of giving the second chapter a shot.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

...the characters resemble Maekawa and Shimizu too much,...

Idk, i really don't see how the characters are any similar. i guess Kazuha looks kinda like a young Maekawa? if you squint?? but that's about it

joined Oct 2, 2021

Yeah nahhh so far.

joined Mar 5, 2016

...the characters resemble Maekawa and Shimizu too much,...

Idk, i really don't see how the characters are any similar. i guess Kazuha looks kinda like a young Maekawa? if you squint?? but that's about it

they have the same builds and the same or highly similar hairstyles and colours. clearly this author likes this visual dynamic

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I just wanna know what's throwing off the fumes this is huffing (please don't say Hot Gimmick).

I was going to say usagi drop actually

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

I was going to say usagi drop actually

Strange, I didn't know there was a manga for that, I thought there was only an anime. Whenever I think about an Usagi Drop manga, I get this weird headache…

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

They're doing everything half-heartedly, from their suicide attempts to their friendships, just going with the flow so they don't have to think too much about the choices they're making. I don't know why but it tends to feel good, stubbornly charging forward into unhealthy things, maybe because it feels like at least you're doing something. Even if your motivation is soul crushing like the OL's, a total void of happiness and inability to imagine a future. If you don't charge forward, your instinctive sense of responsibility will hold you back again and things won't change. Regardless of the similarities in the characters' appearances, that's a different and much bleaker dynamic than in Still Sick.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Sto21 posted:

Suspenders? Suspenders. SUSPENDERS! God I love women in suspenders, the world needs more of it.

How is this the only comment about the suspenders

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

OrangePekoe posted:

Sto21 posted:

How is this the only comment about the suspenders

Well in my defense, I didn't know how it was called

joined Apr 15, 2018

"Is this Nagashima's second chance at life, or has she found the only place worse than rock bottom?"

Por que no los dos?

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

Omg Akashi-sensei is backkkkkk. Interesting premise, looking forward to this.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I've been thinking the same thing since I saw Mai-chan in last chapter.

It surprised me that nobody commented on it... mayhaps they thought that a loli in suspenders doesn't count as a "woman in suspenders" no matter how sexy she looks?

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Uh, the ending of this first chapter seemed a bit ominous to me.

This was like 5 chapters mushed together. What is even going on.

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

Immediately recognized the artstyle. The first chapter was a bit crazy but I trust Akashi

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

This has some very interesting potential. Plenty of foreshadowing to sink my speculation teeth into. Sign me up for now.

joined Apr 28, 2021

I dont know how I feel about this, Still Sick is one of my favorite yuri series and this? It's just not feeling the same. Can someone tell me how old these characters are? I heard a previous comment mention age gaps and the story said the CEO'S daughter is in hs (so 15-18?) and that concerns me.

This first chapter is also a little confusing, like a random lady was about to unalive herself and not a day later she moves in with a high-schooler she barely knows? Mm I don't know about that...I will continue to follow this series as I liked Akashi's past work and this translation team is nice and see how the story goes but im not loving it rn.

joined Jan 14, 2020

The story is tagged Age Gap. The description says the lady is in her 30s. The daughter is clearly in school uniform.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/and_thus_i_was_picked_up_by_my_bosss_daughter_ch01#12 has "living as a high school girl's pet"

OL has been trying to use marriage services https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/and_thus_i_was_picked_up_by_my_bosss_daughter_ch01#26

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

let´s goooo akashi back at it again. hopefully with another banger

Nishina
joined Nov 8, 2021

Ah that's why the art seems so familiar for me. It's from the one who drew Still Sick, and I don't even realized it until I read the comments lmao
The premise is interesting, but I can't say it's good enough, there's just too much thing happened. I just hope this will go as good as Still sick

last edited at Nov 23, 2021 10:41PM

joined Apr 28, 2021

The story is tagged Age Gap. The description says the lady is in her 30s. The daughter is clearly in school uniform.

FUCK

AND ALSO THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW

last edited at Nov 26, 2021 9:21PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.