Forum › Shoujo Manga Protagonist x Rival-san discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Cuetie Scans has picked this series up(!) and chosen to share it with us here. Few things:

-This series will not be split into web/official versions as other places do. All web chapters exist within the tankobon that is being worked on, so there's no need for a split.

-Our chapter numbering will follow the tankobon numbering, which may be significantly different than the web/official numbering elsewhere.

-Other versions exist elsewhere that are further along than will be updated here. Anyone is welcome to go seek them out. In the meantime, discussion of chapters that are further ahead than we are (on Dynasty Reader) may be removed! Yes, even if you use spoiler tags.
-This rule applies to this thread permanently, forever and ever. My apologies for the inconvenience!

Thank you for your understanding! And thanks Cuetie Scans!

Edit:

Better information, in the form of a chart, about how the web/official split looks in practice may be found below:

last edited at Nov 16, 2021 7:55PM

joined Mar 19, 2020

Aw this looks fun

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Thanks Cuetie Scans.

This series is a total blessing.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Oh hey, I remember this series. I remember dropping it cause something about it rubbed me the wrong way. It's been so long I don't remember what it was though.

Suppose I'll get to refresh myself as the chapters go up here.

69591999_1740222032789450_632474856784396288_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

This looks interesting!

joined Apr 15, 2013

Glad this has made its way here. Thanks to the kind folks working on it!

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Oh hey, I remember this series. I remember dropping it cause something about it rubbed me the wrong way. It's been so long I don't remember what it was though.

Suppose I'll get to refresh myself as the chapters go up here.

It might've been that Rival-san was creepy and hard to root for in the web version. Although, the serialization made her characterization more clumsy-in-love and significantly less scummy.

last edited at Nov 16, 2021 2:20PM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

It might've been that Rival-san was creepy and hard to root for in the web version. Although, the serialization made her characterization more clumsy-in-love and significantly less scummy.

Or at least, that's my impression of the work.

That's how I felt too. The serialization diverges a lot from the webcomic for the purposes of being much less a gag comic and much more of an actual romance

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So good.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Ah it'll be here now as well? Good.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I'm confused. So this is a tankobon compilation of the web series? Or that and the serialized version?

joined Apr 3, 2021

I'm confused. So this is a tankobon compilation of the web series? Or that and the serialized version?

yes to both

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

MAL's background info section describes it as following:

Shoujo Manga Shujinkou x Rival-san began as a web comic on the author's Twitter and pixiv accounts on May 24, 2019. The first volume containing the web chapters with extras was released by Square Enix on April 22, 2020, and serialization began in Gangan Joker on the same day.

So according to this, looks like the web series is considered part of the serialization.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Ok so if my memory doesnt fails, the translations (in mangadex at least) stoped in the ch10, is this the serialization? If it is then i will enjoy this

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

NOTHING BUT RESPECT FOR THE GOATS, And damn you guys gonna keep up that level of redrawing and editing though by the raws it doesn't seem like it would need heavy redrawing

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Or at least, that's my impression of the work.

That's how I felt too. The serialization diverges a lot from the webcomic for the purposes of being much less a gag comic and much more of an actual romance

Well that all sounds promising. Hopefully I like it more this time around cause I do like the basic premise.

Images
joined Jun 22, 2021

I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE SERIALIZED VERSION

joined Mar 25, 2019

Ok so if my memory doesnt fails, the translations (in mangadex at least) stoped in the ch10, is this the serialization? If it is then i will enjoy this

On Mangadex, yes, but this site here got all the way up to ch12 https://bato.to/series/85696

joined Jun 1, 2016

oh hey I remember this. Read it a long time ago but it stopped getting translated

joined Sep 5, 2021

I used to have all of the untranslated chapter but i deleted them.

6dc89f5c-43ac-44ad-a0d6-fe9ddf4f2fb2
joined Sep 2, 2021

yes yes yes yes, I like this series. Mangadex has it but their website is still developing so I've gotta be patient.

joined Sep 13, 2018

i remember reading this elsewhere yesterday , truly a good read

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

So wait, this is still totally the web comic version right?
And not like the official serialization version

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

So wait, this is still totally the web comic version right?

Nah, if you take a glance at the old chapter 1 on Mangadex this is totally redrawn.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Here's a chart of how the web chapters and magazine serialization are presented in the tankoubon volumes, courtesy of Discord:

To reply you must either login or sign up.