Forum › Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend discussion

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

To be fair, I kinda get where Ruriko is coming from. If this wasn’t a yuri manga I would probably highly doubt they’d stay together, and especially since (up till this chapter) Ruriko hasn’t voiced her feelings for Kurumi at all.

Yeah, one has romantic feelings while the other thinks and says they're just good friends. At this point, it makes sense that Ruriko still feels insecure about their future, especially when they have a rule where they split if one falls in love with someone else, which in Ruriko's head just translates to when Kurumi finds someone she can consider as more than just a friend.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ Yeah It was clearly seeing no5 on the board that set her off.. They might of agreed to that easily enough back in the day, but now she clearly hates that idea.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I'm canadian so this ''having to pay for your stay in hospital'' thing is always kinda weird for me, not gonna lie (^^) Also, girl, she talking about buying freaking home appliances with you, put a ring on it ASAP ( well she technically already did but you get what I mean :P ) .

last edited at Nov 7, 2021 7:58PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Nothing says "I love you" like buying a washer-dryer-combo together

joined Jun 7, 2019

I'm canadian so this ''having to pay for your stay in hospital'' thing is always kinda weird for me, not gonna lie (^^) Also, girl, she talking about buying freaking home appliances with you, put a ring on it ASAP ( well she technically already did but you get what I mean :P ) .

i didn't know that in other countries you had to pay for go to the hospital
capitalism as it best

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

capitalism as it best

In Germany there's a co-pay thing for your health insurance, the height of which depends on your yearly income. A hospital stay clocks in at 10 bucks a day, to a maximum of 28 days. So at most you'll pay 280€ for a hospital stay that long and if you go over your yearly co-pay then you don't have to pay anything at all~

(and that's just "being hospitalized", aka the room and board p much. You don't have to pay anything for any kind of necessary tests or treatment)

last edited at Nov 7, 2021 8:29PM

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

I don't exactly want to see drama but at the same time this does force them to confront their "relationship" and maybe adress how they really feel.

joined Jun 21, 2021

Damn you hate to see it, but it was only a matter of time.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

The drama is brewing.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

So about $1k to sit in a bed for a day, maybe had a scan, and get a few pills? Great value lol.

You don't even want to know what that would net out if you were to receive the same treatment in the US, especially if you're uninsured. The bed for the night alone might cost $3k.

joined Sep 4, 2016

Not sure why Kurumi is getting upset about the fact that Ruriko is questioning her level of commitment. She has treated this relationship as nothing more than a relationship of convenience so far. She comes and goes as she pleases, does whatever she wants, whenever she wants to, and is basically emotionally uninvested.

As far as relationships go, this one hasn't been healthy since they got married, and IRL, I doubt they'd still be together.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Ohh poo. Things just got realer. Oh well might as well pop the can of worms now. Those have a really short shelf-life.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

NO.

YOU TWO SOLVE THIS RIGHT NOW SO YOU CAN KEEP BEING CUTE AND CLEARLY IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER.

Sheenah_the_Dino
Hetero%20vibes
joined Sep 25, 2021

I love how they are now both dreading this rule. Hopefully they will work this out within one chapter though, the only good thing about drama is when it is resolved.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

capitalism as it best

Yah, Australian here. Gosh, giving healthcare to anyone, whether they can afford it or not, and not eat all their savings/go into debt is one of the best things about living here.
We may not give our Aussie "fair go" to the poor in all aspects of life, but at least they get to keep their health.

joined Jun 11, 2016

ohhhh I smell drama and progress, I love it!!!

To be fair, I kinda get where Ruriko is coming from. If this wasn’t a yuri manga I would probably highly doubt they’d stay together, and especially since (up till this chapter) Ruriko hasn’t voiced her feelings for Kurumi at all.

Yeah, one has romantic feelings while the other thinks and says they're just good friends. At this point, it makes sense that Ruriko still feels insecure about their future, especially when they have a rule where they split if one falls in love with someone else, which in Ruriko's head just translates to when Kurumi finds someone she can consider as more than just a friend.

times like these I wish Dynasty Scans has some sort of upvote button, 'cause I agree with you two whole-heartedly!

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Not sure why Kurumi is getting upset about the fact that Ruriko is questioning her level of commitment. She has treated this relationship as nothing more than a relationship of convenience so far. She comes and goes as she pleases, does whatever she wants, whenever she wants to, and is basically emotionally uninvested.

This whole chapter revolves around Kurumi thinking about buying an expensive appliance pretty much exclusively because it would make Ruriko's life easier. A few chapters ago she dropped everything as soon as she found out that Ruriko was hospitalized, and was clearly distressed because her wife had not seen fit to let her know she was in serious pain and was going to the hospital. Before that, she spent most of a trip to another city thinking about what her bff / wife might find amusing or interesting about the things she was doing and seeing.

She might not be taking the marriage as seriously as she could or should, but she is definitely emotionally invested. In fact, it's often Ruriko who goes out of her way to not get in Kurumi's way. My interpretation of Kurumi's surprise at Ruriko's question is that she has steadily been treating whatever they've got going on as more and more a real, "normal" marriage (why would she care about it ending otherwise? If she was just doing what she wanted, when she wanted, why would she so obviously feel a twinge when the issue of inequitable distribution of household labor was listed as a primary cause of breakups?) and has been losing sight of the fact that it more or less started as a lark (or that that's how Ruriko framed it to her – a thing that could be ended without any hard feelings at any time).

If this story is about anything, it is about Ruriko and Kurumi figuring out together that the fifth rule was a mistake and that their marriage done for lols and subject material for a column is actually real. It seems likely to me that the story will resolve by Kurumi realizing that "somebody else" isn't going to come along because Ruriko is what she needed all along, and Ruriko is going to realize that she needs to come clean about what she's really wanted from Kurumi (real commitment / a real relationship / hot makeouts) this whole time.

I also don't think their relationship is that unhealthy or would have come unstuck in real life. I have seen roommates put each other through some real circumstances, and this is pretty tame, as these things go.

last edited at Nov 8, 2021 4:25AM

joined Oct 2, 2021

Idiots! lovely lovable idiots.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Certainly an unexpected trigger for this conversation, but it's probably time they had it. Properly talking things through and making sure they both know they love each other and want to stay together should make this marriage what it always should have been.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Oh no, who will get the custody of the dishwasher if they separated?
Anyway, it will be resolve if they see she like her and end

joined Apr 6, 2013

So about $1k to sit in a bed for a day, maybe had a scan, and get a few pills? Great value lol.

You don't even want to know what that would net out if you were to receive the same treatment in the US, especially if you're uninsured. The bed for the night alone might cost $3k.

Its actually the same number 108k. Too bad about the exchange rate though

Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

This is the rare "good drama". It's the "this really needed to happen at some point and I'm glad it's happening sooner rather than later" kind.

Also, if I had a decent space to hang clothes up to dry I'd do it instead of using the dryer. Idk why, but I like the idea of it. But a dishwasher is a must, can't live without it.

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

I came for the fluff, not for getting hurt :(

joined Mar 26, 2021

Wasn't Kurumi the one who suggest that rule #5. So I think it's normal for Ruriko saying that what she did said. And I wonder if Kurumi just for once have thought what if Ruriko find someone she fell in love( I know that she loves Kurumi), but to me it seems like Kurumi is still standing in that friendzone, and now she getting mad or what. If she don't want to leave then for what is that rule even

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Yeah i dont get why blondies Devotion is being questioned, she hasnt been acting out of line nor has she been particular negligent

To reply you must either login or sign up.