Forum › My Sister's Friend discussion

joined Jan 3, 2020

I tuned out after this somehow offended my delicate moral sensibilities in chapter 1 (lol), but I'm glad I picked it back up. It is really interesting if nothing else.

last edited at Oct 26, 2021 8:14PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

so sad so sad

As one who staunchly believes in the message written in the hanky your avatar is biting, I couldn't agree more. Sniffle.

starlighthanabi
joined Jan 13, 2021

I liked it, yet it was too close to home

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I read this and I read this again, and then one more time.
Something is not right, about Tsurumaki. This dating method of his frankly will not be tolerated in today's society, not because there is anything wrong, but because it is no longer considered modern. The response also reflects this. I have never heard of people buying flowers because each type of flowers represents some sort of romantic meanings. I bought flowers for someone simply because it is pretty, that's it.

Maybe my dar suffered a serious malfunction. But somehow I think he is a closet gay. Men selling women shoes are quite unusual at this day and age, plus at his OWN age, and the mangaka never did explain why he worked in this industry despite in the panel he was in the middle of trying to explain but then the entire topic was dropped as if he never talked about his career whatsoever...there is a small chance that he actually intentionally drop the topic discreetly, as he never talk about this topic again.

The buying of flowers, the so called "boasting", all of which seemed like he was reading a dating book aiming at a woman because he absolutely has no clue of what he is doing. This thus creates the strange situation of a accidental lavender marriage. He did not seem to be happy, during the ceremony, but rather giving off vibes of "sigh of relief and now I can pass in the society, and then now I can hang out at the local gay district". The fact that his wife seems to give him 0% respect also reflects the unusual situation. If they had tried sex before the marriage, a 0% reflect from the woman to the man says A LOT. Or rather, a hetero or bi woman trying to have sex with a gay guy. She will probably wait for another 10 years before he can perform again, with the help of a fluffer of course. Usually one will say "Let's call this off" (especially your wife seems to have no loving feelings plus even look down on him), he also seems to have no clue of what is behind the scene, and also does not seem to CARE what is behind the scene. If he were doing all this due to social pressure, then he has just gotten a grade of "A". How much more perfect it is that you wife is completely not interested in you, while you yourself just convinced yourself the marriage is great but in reality "I can finally pass". You also see that there is no visiting characters in the wedding which is his family, and he seems to have a very short temper as he clearly want this thing to finish as quickly as possible. It is probably a better situation since there is no need to act with extra effort to convince everyone that this is a real marriage despite in reality it is a lavender
There is a very good chance that the two women will come back together if the story continues. As for him, divorce will no longer affects him since no matter how short it is, he WAS MARRIED. He can also blame her for unable to have children, while she can counter-accuse too. Perfect.
I don't have ANY proof of this. But if these guesses are injected into the plot, this manga would instantly turned into something spectacular good.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Well this is a different kind of messed Up than i initially thought

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Something is not right, about Tsurumaki. This dating method of his frankly will not be tolerated in today's society, not because there is anything wrong, but because it is no longer considered modern. The response also reflects this. I have never heard of people buying flowers because each type of flowers represents some sort of romantic meanings. I bought flowers for someone simply because it is pretty, that's it.

Maybe my dar suffered a serious malfunction. But somehow I think he is a closet gay. Men selling women shoes are quite unusual at this day and age, plus at his OWN age, and the mangaka never did explain why he worked in this industry despite in the panel he was in the middle of trying to explain but then the entire topic was dropped as if he never talked about his career whatsoever...there is a small chance that he actually intentionally drop the topic discreetly, as he never talk about this topic again.

The buying of flowers, the so called "boasting", all of which seemed like he was reading a dating book aiming at a woman because he absolutely has no clue of what he is doing. This thus creates the strange situation of a accidental lavender marriage. He did not seem to be happy, during the ceremony, but rather giving off vibes of "sigh of relief and now I can pass in the society, and then now I can hang out at the local gay district". The fact that his wife seems to give him 0% respect also reflects the unusual situation. If they had tried sex before the marriage, a 0% reflect from the woman to the man says A LOT. Or rather, a hetero or bi woman trying to have sex with a gay guy. She will probably wait for another 10 years before he can perform again, with the help of a fluffer of course. Usually one will say "Let's call this off" (especially your wife seems to have no loving feelings plus even look down on him), he also seems to have no clue of what is behind the scene, and also does not seem to CARE what is behind the scene. If he were doing all this due to social pressure, then he has just gotten a grade of "A". How much more perfect it is that you wife is completely not interested in you, while you yourself just convinced yourself the marriage is great but in reality "I can finally pass". You also see that there is no visiting characters in the wedding which is his family, and he seems to have a very short temper as he clearly want this thing to finish as quickly as possible. It is probably a better situation since there is no need to act with extra effort to convince everyone that this is a real marriage despite in reality it is a lavender
There is a very good chance that the two women will come back together if the story continues. As for him, divorce will no longer affects him since no matter how short it is, he WAS MARRIED. He can also blame her for unable to have children, while she can counter-accuse too. Perfect.
I don't have ANY proof of this. But if these guesses are injected into the plot, this manga would instantly turned into something spectacular good.

He is just a simple Guy dude, and he didnt Buy the Roses because of their meaning, kyouko told him after he bought them

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

thomasina posted:

What an awe-inspiring comment, good work!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I have never heard of people buying flowers because each type of flowers represents some sort of romantic meanings.

People have assigned meanings to flowers for thousands of years; there’s even a name for the “language of flowers”: floriography. And it’s true that such meanings were more widely applied in the past (until about the middle of the 20th century).

But there’s still a lingering residue in modern culture, with, as just one example, deep red roses associated with romantic love, pink with less intense affection, yellow with friendship, black (really deep purple) with death and mourning.

Such things tend to be kept alive mostly for commercial reasons by florists (like jewelers push the old idea of symbolic birthstones), but the idea that specific flowers can have particular meanings is by no means unheard of, even in “today’s society.”

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Nacchan and Kyouko's story is just sad. I hope this is all about them honestly 'cause I'm rooting for them so badly.

Violetpfp
joined Aug 12, 2021

Woah...

joined Sep 7, 2021

Ch1 read and I can already tell this one's going in all the swings and roundabouts.
It's been a nice read but I am not about that kinda drama so I am probably not gonna finish this. Still, I can recommend this as one to watch for those who are looking for that gripping drama type thing.

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

God it hurts, this has caused me both physical and psychological pain, my heart can't handle it but I still want more.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Great coming of age chapter

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

I was so confused in the beggining because I confused the title with something else. Pretty good chapter I guess, though I excepted to see more of the whole sisters+the girl dynamic for this one.

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

It kind of sucks, for Kyouko, that she has 2 girls, who she cares about, madly in love with her. But, both of them ended up in relationships with guys before her. (At least, for now, as of Ch. 4?)

joined Jun 6, 2021

Well, the next chapter is the last, so it's not looking good for anyone.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Man kyouko I hope you get cha a nice girl soon

joined Sep 4, 2016

And dropped. That's a really shitty thing to do to that guy. Don't drag someone else into your world if it's only going to be unhealthy and toxic. That guy doesn't deserve the fuck around he's probably going to receive in the future.

I get that the majority of stories on Dynasty are yuri and probably most of the readers are some sort of LGBTQ, and likely identify as female, but not all of us are, and some of us, me personally, have gone through situations like this. It's not cute, it's not cool, and in fact it's very painful when you get thrown away because the other person in the relationship was too scared to face reality. That's the thing that never gets talked about in stories like these. What about the guy who gets thrown away for no reason other than he happens to be a guy in a yuri story? Like some faceless schmuck who is nothing more than collateral damage for a plot device. Who cares about the guys feelings when it's yuri, right? Fuck this story.

last edited at Nov 9, 2021 12:59AM

Spend%20(1)%20(1)
joined May 10, 2021

And dropped. That's a really shitty thing to do to that guy. Don't drag someone else into your world if it's only going to be unhealthy and toxic. That guy doesn't deserve the fuck around he's probably going to receive in the future.

I get that the majority of stories on Dynasty are yuri and probably most of the readers are some sort of LGBTQ, and likely identify as female, but not all of us are, and some of us, me personally, have gone through situations like this. It's not cute, it's not cool, and in fact it's very painful when you get thrown away because the other person in the relationship was too scared to face reality. That's the thing that never gets talked about in stories like these. What about the guy who gets thrown away for no reason other than he happens to be a guy in a yuri story? Like some faceless schmuck who is nothing more than collateral damage for a plot device. Who cares about the guys feelings when it's yuri, right? Fuck this story.

This sounds like baggage you need to resolve before reading a Battan story. Seemingly she is coming to like him regardless, she begins to recognize him as his own person, rather than a poor immitaton of someone she once loved. Battan isn't really such such an author to write off faceless casualty characters.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I think this needs a het and bisexual tags.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Dantz posted:

And dropped.

There isn't much to drop: there's only 1 chapter left.

And your point is that the guy deserves better?

Well, in that case, he gets the girl and she tries her best to move on from her first love.

What's shitty about that?

I think you misread the story.

joined Sep 6, 2020

This is so frustrating dammit

Afterschooljpgg
joined Jan 9, 2021

this sucks bro why they gotta do this to me

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Its not really a yuri thing though, it's a teenager figuring herself out lol. We all did shitty things at that age. She might also just develop feelings for him even if she didn't when she asked him out. You're projecting super fucking hard. I've been on the side that asked someone out like that, she's never known I didn't like her romantically but I still feel guilty about it 5 years later, we all have our experiences. It's not being scared of facing reality.

last edited at Nov 9, 2021 7:33AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

JFC, project much? This story is not about you.

To reply you must either login or sign up.