aaaaand straight into the garbage it goes

dreamy
Mt. Yuri discussion 07 Oct 01:33
D8nmo9pwwaaygjd
joined Sep 3, 2019

Absolute 10/10 ending

D8nmo9pwwaaygjd
joined Sep 3, 2019

If the anime adaptation follows this version of the series and not the LN i just might kill myself

dreamy
D8nmo9pwwaaygjd
joined Sep 3, 2019

leave it to kaoru to have a perfect moment to sort her life out essentially handed to her on a platter and still manage to do nothing lmao

i'm starting to smell a red herring from the whole cheater reiichi subplot also, which means all of this setup could potentially be for absolutely nothing... ugh. maybe i'm being too harsh, but this manga's descent from salvageable into dumpster fire is starting to become more and more apparent with every one of kaoru's monologues.

also, fun drinking game: take a shot every time kaoru gets a pat on the back and a slap on the wrist by literally everyone for being beta as fuck

D8nmo9pwwaaygjd
joined Sep 3, 2019

i swear to god everything morinaga milk creates is 100% yuri gold.

D8nmo9pwwaaygjd
joined Sep 3, 2019

not trying to hate bc this was genuinely a good read and the art was nice, but the pacing really felt all over the place here. this oneshot just doesn't do these two justice when it comes to yume's illness and haruchii's inability to hear her piano. there's so much going on that the impact isn't as strong as it could be; there are also some plot holes that need some explaining (if yume literally told haru she was a ghost the first time they met, why is haruchii so shocked at the end when she realizes yume really is a ghost?)

in conclusion, i demand a visual novel. i think it would be the perfect opportunity to retell the story with greater detail :D

dreamy
D8nmo9pwwaaygjd
joined Sep 3, 2019

oh wow. here's to hoping that the mangaka isn't as stupid as this buildup is starting to lead me to believe. after this chapter i'm starting to wonder if the conclusion will just be another derivative of the melodramatic "to you in 15 years" bittersweet endings.

but then again, we've seen kaoru's indecisiveness and unwillingness to actually talk things out many a time before this chapter, so this probably isn't the last nail in the coffin. uta's absence is already bringing out a change in kaoru's thinking and way of processing emotions. maybe next chapter she'll get the push she needs to finally make a change in her life (possibly in the middle of a 7-page long sequence of having sex with reiichi... yuck..)

either way, i don't think we're ever going to see uta and kaoru ever truly happy with each other, but here's to hoping we at least get some form of resolution in her shitty married life!

D8nmo9pwwaaygjd
joined Sep 3, 2019

lmfao poor hime... she just ruins everything she touches, doesn't she? it must suck to be a main character