Forum › My Sister's Friend discussion

Zaolu-newlandscapes-500x500
joined Jul 23, 2013

At this point, everything Battan produces is buy on sight for me. I love her art style, and I love the way she tells stories. She reminds me a lot of Takako Shimamura and Tomoko Yamashita. I wish there were more mangaka like them.

Absolutely agree. Feels a bit like reading a light novel.

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

usually when i see a drawing style that i find awful i just skip it without thinking
this time i said to myself: maybe your gut feeling is wrong this time, give it a chance, maybe the story is a good one

well not only it was bad but it was bad from the start to the end

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

ok i guess, all this manga really did is make me want to start smoking again lol

joined Nov 21, 2018

Reading this thread just tells me that some people can't recognize art. Battan knocks it out of the park, once again.

36002568_1838354376215521_8722944858664206336_n
joined Jan 21, 2019

i remembered this manga and i got around to reading it. damn that was good.

Beenhereallthistime
joined Feb 8, 2022

I really admire Battan's art style. I was a bit intimidated at first, when I had read RAWMG prior to this. But the style- it feels like I'm laying in a cloud of Kyouko's smoke, pulled through the story in a daze. It's quite intoxicating to read her works, really. Strangley comforting as well. Was hoping for a more good end for Kyouko and Nacchan. But such is life, filled with bitter realisations, compromisations, and acceptances.
Are these stories inspired from Battan's personal life, I wonder (unless I missed something while reading). If so, I really hope she's happy with her love life

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

ugh all this author ever writes are about a woman going out with another woman, leaving her for a man, having a family with them and the lesbian is left to deal with the heartbreak.

annoying af. nothing even happened with kyouko. "the one nacchan loves most" as her husband thinks. what a bunch of bull. no she didn't love her lol

It kind of sucks, for Kyouko, that she has 2 girls, who she cares about, madly in love with her. But, both of them ended up in relationships with guys before her. (At least, for now, as of Ch. 4?)

just like real life

all i see in this story is "love is garbage and doesn't really worth the effort" well, quite realistic anyway.

nah the conclusion is lesbians stay unhappy but bisexuals finds their happy ending

last edited at Aug 31, 2022 8:08AM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

konpelto flaunting their thinly veiled biphobia again i see. just stop

To reply you must either login or sign up.