Forum › That's the expression I wanted to see discussion

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

^
I thought it was just representing her seeing her for how she is given the situation it kinda removed the "She's my childhood friend and lil sis" filter

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Cute..catfish but cute xD

joined Jun 11, 2016

my fcking god that credit page XD

also yeah, those last few pages were kinda ominous but eh it's cute

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

It's only ominous if you believe that Suzu is experiencing genuine fear or discomfort on those last few pages. Which would fly directly in the face of the overall tone the mangaka spent the first half of the story setting up.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

And this is why you don’t give your dating app a search function

Lol%20eiko
joined Mar 29, 2021

That's very cute and all but I'm not sure I can 100% get behind the '' change everything about you to fit what your crush wants'' message (^^) It brings up quite a few bad experiences from my younger days .

No romantic experience on my end but it definitely seems rather unhealthy to "devote" yourself to someone else (i.e. go out of your way to match their hobbies/preferences). There's certainly room to try to get more things common with each other but there's a balance in that regard. Otherwise it was an aight oneshot.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's only ominous if you believe that Suzu is experiencing genuine fear or discomfort on those last few pages. Which would fly directly in the face of the overall tone the mangaka spent the first half of the story setting up.

Right--that thing about how she keeps changing hobbies then puts "shared hobbies" under preferences indicates that Suzu is pretty oblivious about herself.

(We've all known those people who say, "I'm the kind of person who [______]," and everybody who knows them looks at each other and thinks (or says), "You are so not!")

While the action here fits the minimal technical definition of "catfishing," Kasumi's motivation is simply to get her friend to stop being so oblivious. The longed-for facial expression isn't Suzu's distress or confusion, it's her rethinking her relationship with Kasumi.

joined Mar 28, 2021

Pretty unhealthy... no one should have to change themselves to have someone love them... gotta love yourself first before you love another. Cheesy/cliche but holds some truth.

Also a bit strange a dating app has a search feature? Stalkers would enjoy that lol

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Yeah, it wasn't creepy at first, but in page 17 when Kasumi saying all those things, Suzu's face looks distressed and the background starts staining with that black color. I don't know, that's what the author did with their manga, and if it wasn't their intention to show that, it definitely misunderstood what was transmitting

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

The credits page is so true!!!

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Cute. I like the way Yodokawa draws eyes and cute, oblivious faces in general.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Everyone's talking about catfishes and catfishing. I was about to send a post asking what the f is catfishing, but then I decided I should do a net search before asking any questions... and I found the answer I wanted in two seconds. I think I deserve a patpat. XP

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Well, maybe Suzu is oblivious and whatnot, but how can she not be when in the very first panel Kasumi presents herself as her "little sister", to the point that I would imagine 90% of readers assume she really is one. How is Suzu supposed to know her "sister" is even an option to consider :P The dating app thing was probably the first time she gave any clear signal, no wonder she "barely recognized her" if she behaved completely different than up to that point.

Images
joined Sep 20, 2016

the credits page please.. that hurts i literally have a whole list named "please a sequel..i beg"
every author on that list better do so..or!

ill cry.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

The vibe on this was kinda weird to me. I think it's that part when she confronts suzu and points out all the inaccuracies. The way it came across was kinda patronizing and if it were me I'd be so embarrassed and think it was a giant joke. I know it's not the authors intention, but somehow the way it was presented made me feel like that.

Bummer it had to end just as it started

Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

Cutefishing ?

I wish you the best of luck, Kasumi. You certainly picked a challenging target to go after, for a number of reasons.

Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

Credits page says it all... That's why I rarely read one shots :(

(it was kinda cute though, but I agree with the other person who said she came off a bit strong with the accusations at the end)

last edited at Oct 22, 2021 8:34PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Everyone's talking about catfishes and catfishing. I was about to send a post asking what the f is catfishing, but then I decided I should do a net search before asking any questions... and I found the answer I wanted in two seconds. I think I deserve a patpat. XP

You do indeed, here's ur pat/pat

also for the one who suggested "Cutefishing" as a tag, I may need a t shirt with that

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

This really needs a sequel. Typically stories like this conclude with a lesson about how changing yourself so drastically just results in alienating the person you're trying to impress. It feels like it just stopped halfway through.

last edited at Oct 22, 2021 9:49PM

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

I was expecting something like "I liked you more when you was youself" or something about how changing just fit one person preferences is a bad thing. But I juess is good in the end, I just feel I could get a better catharsis out of this.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

That's very cute and all but I'm not sure I can 100% get behind the '' change everything about you to fit what your crush wants'' message

One-shots is just one of those ways to get attention from publishers, they're not meant to be short stories with a 'message'.

In any case, Suzu doesn't really know what she wants which is made apparent to readers every time Kasumi's thoughts are shown during the living room scene and while Kasumi was checking out her profile's preferences. Kasumi opted to cut her hair and wear clothes she thinks would make her look mature, but this doesn't really change her, personality-wise (people always try to look their best if they're trying to impress the people they are interested in all the time so I don't get the fuss from other comments; also clothes and hairstyles have no gender just in case that's what people are thinking). As for her true intention that lead up to that meeting, she most likely want to catch Suzu's immediate attention and then for her to realize that someone has 'always been there for her' (Suzu's reply to Kasumi's question earlier on) regardless of the preferences that she listed on her profile, hence why Kasumi was never really worried about revealing herself and confronting her during that meeting. Kasumi wanted to see Suzu's realization after all.

joined Aug 10, 2018

This just reads as an unhealthy relationship 10x over for me...

joined Aug 16, 2014

That credit page hits too close to home...

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Well, maybe Suzu is oblivious and whatnot, but how can she not be when in the very first panel Kasumi presents herself as her "little sister", to the point that I would imagine 90% of readers assume she really is one.

Lol I was one of those readers

Actually, my exact thoughts were:
You can't be her sister! You don't even have the same hair colour!?
(Cause, you know, clearly all siblings have exactly the same hair or face or something –manga authors should know this better than anyone lol)

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

that credit page....true af

To reply you must either login or sign up.