Forum › That's the expression I wanted to see discussion

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

This was really great. Kasumi deciding to seriously go for her crush instead of waiting for her to take notice, using the dating app to demonstrate that she’s actually the one Suzu was looking for, and the delicious drama when they meet… awesome.

Yeah, it wasn't creepy at first, but in page 17 when Kasumi saying all those things, Suzu's face looks distressed and the background starts staining with that black color.

That’s when Kasumi first confronts her right? I think that’s her worrying that Kasumi is just there to tear her down. Notice how it clears away when Kasumi pulls the classic Ikemen move, “aren’t I the only one for you?” and then she gets all blushy because she realizes her childhood friend is this really hot, forward person who she knows she has fun with. I think it’s super cute.

last edited at Oct 23, 2021 12:38PM

joined Jul 8, 2019

dat credits page, duuuude

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

A fun little one from YHC.

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

Ah, I love Yodokawa's art. Her adult life stuff is so good, she's practically my goddess

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

The last page tho...

joined Jan 1, 2019

That's very cute and all but I'm not sure I can 100% get behind the '' change everything about you to fit what your crush wants'' message (^^) It brings up quite a few bad experiences from my younger days .

She literally just got a haircut. That hardly qualifies as changing everything about yourself.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That's very cute and all but I'm not sure I can 100% get behind the '' change everything about you to fit what your crush wants'' message (^^) It brings up quite a few bad experiences from my younger days .

She literally just got a haircut. That hardly qualifies as changing everything about yourself.

Hey, she also bought a new outfit—don’t underestimate the unhealthy psychic dislocation that can result from trying out a new look. That you discover you like.

(The ability of Dynasty readers to pathologize bog-standard romance tropes is truly remarkable.)

joined Mar 5, 2016

yeah it's not a big change. she already went along with every new hobby anyway, and getting a haircut and new outfit that the person you're into will like is hardly abnormal. the big change is acting more assertively.

joined Feb 18, 2015

That credit page! Pure gold!

Img-0803
joined Jun 25, 2021

yeah it's not a big change. she already went along with every new hobby anyway, and getting a haircut and new outfit that the person you're into will like is hardly abnormal. the big change is acting more assertively.

She took the saying "you miss every shot you don't take" to heart.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

This was really great. Kasumi deciding to seriously go for her crush instead of waiting for her to take notice, using the dating app to demonstrate that she’s actually the one Suzu was looking for, and the delicious drama when they meet… awesome.

With Suzu being how she is, it was the only way to get to her.

That’s when Kasumi first confronts her right? I think that’s her worrying that Kasumi is just there to tear her down. Notice how it clears away when Kasumi pulls the classic Ikemen move, “aren’t I the only one for you?” and then she gets all blushy because she realizes her childhood friend is this really hot, forward person who she knows she has fun with. I think it’s super cute.

Her new look makes her look more butch, so the ikemen moves make sense: she got the look, and now the attitude to match.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

from zero to hero!!1 so smooth))

joined Mar 15, 2015

"Because there's nothing more horrifying than realizing that you'll never see what happens next after the end of a oneshot."

Truer words have never been written.

joined Sep 7, 2021

NOOOOO!!!!!!! DON'T END IT LIKE THIS!!! I WANTED MOAR!!!!

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

NEED. MORE. PLZ

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

That was incredibly cute, loved it, now, time to beg to the gods there's a sequel.

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

"Aww, Kasumi is so cute pining for her big sis like that!"

*Kasumi gets a haircut*

" Oh, sweet mercy."

last edited at Jun 13, 2022 7:40AM

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

Is it just me or does this have a somewhat unhealthy, creepy vibe to it? In a good way.

yes!! i totally felt too!

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

Hey, she also bought a new outfit—don’t underestimate the unhealthy psychic dislocation that can result from trying out a new look. That you discover you like.

(The ability of Dynasty readers to pathologize bog-standard romance tropes is truly remarkable.)

ok op. totally see where you are coming from with this. i got creepy vibes while reading this too. that's not to say i believe this was the authors intentions, just my personal interpretation. its clear by the end that the author intended for this to be a cute and happy story.

and to address the last comment: people interpreting fictional media differently isn't inherently wrong or problematic. "oh no! someone's perception of a fictional story is different than mine! i should make fun of them and tell them their opinion on a FICTIONAL story is objectively wrong." people are going to see the world differently than you and that's just the reality of it my dude. the human consciousness is too complex not to support this theory. so unless the author gave you special permission to uphold the intended narrative of this story, i see no grounds for you to be doing so here.

last edited at Oct 18, 2022 11:58PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

ok op. totally see where you are coming from with this. i got creepy vibes while reading this too. that's not to say i believe this was the authors intentions, just my personal interpretation. its clear by the end that the author intended for this to be a cute and happy story.

and to address the last comment: people interpreting fictional media differently isn't inherently wrong or problematic. "oh no! someone's perception of a fictional story is different than mine! i should make fun of them and tell them their opinion on a FICTIONAL story is objectively wrong." people are going to see the world differently than you and that's just the reality of it my dude. the human consciousness is too complex not to support this theory. so unless the author gave you special permission to uphold the intended narrative of this story, i see no grounds for you to be doing so here.

Duly noted, “my dude.”

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Any reason why this didn't get the incest tag? It's the main theme of the story (even though nothing explicit happens). Just asking.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

cecile posted:

Any reason why this didn't get the incest tag? It's the main theme of the story (even though nothing explicit happens). Just asking.

It's explicitly stated that they're childhood friends, but the older one sees the younger one as "a little sister".

It's normal for younger girls to call older girls "onee-san" (big sister). Korea and China have the same kind of addresses.

No incest or even pseudo-incest here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.