Forum › Ah... and Mm... Are All She Says discussion

joined Oct 5, 2016

Is... Is it okay for me to interpret the last 2 pages as Tanaka taking her girl friend home and introduce to her parents???

Also, I can't believe that this is the end. Here's to hoping that the author will publish a doujin to continue this.

I mean like, meeting Toda being this major stage of her life is, uhh

A little more than just a professional relationship I should say

Also like, why would she even take Toda with her there if they're supposedly still just friendly coworkers

This manga's reaching almost Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow levels of "it won't admit anything but if it's not gay it doesn't make sense"

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I'm just bummed because they are such a good couple.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

That's some very good subtext :^)

Thinkamen
joined Oct 26, 2018

FUCK YEAH

joined May 11, 2020

I think it's time for a tag change! Oh man such an interesting and unexpected story, I am absolutely elated, but also sad to see this end.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Can't tell if that was meant to be a kiss or just a "it looks like they might be kissing from this angle but it was actually a fakeout", but I guess that's the point.
Anyway, as far as subtext goes:
...at least they acknowledged the existence of homosexuality, that's a heck of a lot more than most subtext series can say.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Firecat1311 posted:

Can't tell if that was meant to be a kiss or just a "it looks like they might be kissing from this angle but it was actually a fakeout", but I guess that's the point.

They kissed.

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

I'm sorry to see this end. I don't see all that many story driven manga that fit my tastes (not that there aren't any at all, just I haven't found them). I also didn't really care about the art (or at least the character designs), just the story development. This was really good, and if it had to end, at least it got a good ending and not just 'AXED'.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

god it's so funny to me that when she's telling the other editors that their relationship is purely business they're all like "that's bullshit and everyone knows it"
We've seen the whole story and thus know that up until that moment at least their relationship was actually mostly business, friendly sure but focused on being a mangaka and her editor. But everyone else is just convinced they're dating.
Which I guess wasn't entirely unwarranted given what happens not much later, haha

joined May 24, 2014

Ah

Mmm

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

But is it yuri though?

joined Apr 16, 2017

In the end they became a couple and I'm satisfied.

last edited at Oct 21, 2021 4:49PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I agree with Tanaka's colleagues, nobody can tell me they're not girlfriends at this point. I mean:
Tanaka: "Now that you fulfilled that dream, what do you want to do next?"
Toda: kiss

Also, they totally met up to go on a date right there at the end.

joined May 18, 2021

Yuri tag GET

joined Mar 27, 2020

Gosh, gonna miss this series. I share Toda's mom opinion: Sequel when?

Tanaka saying they're just business partners and everyone else just knows that's bullshit. It's hilarious.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

YESSSS! BEST END

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Very cute ending. I pretty much always wish for a less ambiguous ending to series like this, but the whole thing was so wholesome that I don't mind. Plus we got a kiss so that's pretty great, even if it was just on the cheek...

Maybe Toda just wants to get on her feet on her own before starting a romantic relationship, maybe after finding a new editor. It would be a much healthier thing to do.

2-3 years down the road I imagine them moving back in together. They'd get a 2 bedroom apartment, but one bedroom would be their office.

Love these two and really hope there are more extras or even a sequel.

The fact that this series was given so many chapters gives me hope that other unique series can have as much room to flourish in the future. This might not necessarily have the widest audience but it seems like the mangaka was able to explore the characters fully and had time to work towards a proper ending. Unlike some series that are forced to wrap up very quickly...

Edit: Oh, and thanks again to Gouma-den for all the love they put into this series. I'm sure I'd have never met all these wonderful characters without your hard work. Thank youuuu <3

last edited at Oct 21, 2021 5:47PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

lol looks like the person who suggested the Yuri tag thought they needed to put the reason in the box below, but that one is for the description

[misha%20(hoongju)]%2001
joined Jul 19, 2015

And just like that, it's over. Was a fun ride and really didn't expect that kiss at the end there.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

lol looks like the person who suggested the Yuri tag thought they needed to put the reason in the box below, but that one is for the description

I've removed the spoilers from the description. Wouldn't want anyone a few chapters behind to get spoiled.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

When Toda kissed Tanaka my jaw dropped, I did NOT expect that ending, especially since they were moving out.

This was a wonderful series, I’m so glad I got the chance to read it.

joined May 1, 2015

Great ending.
For two people working at an ero publisher, they are surprisingly wholesome.
Tanaka best girl though.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

Yuri enough I guess, but I like that it also works ok if you read it as more of a friendship. Usually my grief with subtext stories is that they not only won't commit to romance, they also systematically ruin any other interpretation until the story's just unsatisfying any way you look at it. This one's more like the opposite. I could see Toda and Tanaka being happy together either way.

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

OH SHIT
SUBTEXT IS GONE

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Omg, I was expecting this to end in subtext but the author went for it lol. This was pretty fantastic for me becuase I love how it handled the story and handled the setting in such a mature way. Didn't go full on ecchi or show the Ero as absolute degenerates and instead as real people like that one Mom or just a guy who is really into the gym. Toda was also a very interesting MC since and I thought she was really well and was able to show so much character with few words. I also am pretty amazed that this got 4 volumes as I thought this would be more of a 1 volume niche story but actually got a lot out of the story, fair play to the author.

Other than that, my head canon is that they will both move back in with each other as they have to after that kiss.

To reply you must either login or sign up.