Forum › Posts by AAAAANNNTS

AAAAANNNTS
joined Sep 19, 2015

Honestly, the tension in the story pales in comparison to the harrowing philosophical dilemmas in the translator's notes. Looking forward to more of both

last edited at Apr 10, 2024 2:38AM

joined Sep 19, 2015

Holy shit, this author's delivery is top-notch. Thanks for the translation!

joined Sep 19, 2015

ok there's no way they can fuck up past this point

Please don't tempt fate like that

AAAAANNNTS
joined Sep 19, 2015

On reread, her hairstyle in the page 1 splash image is the ponytail Shamiko described. Also this credits page is way too good.

AAAAANNNTS
joined Sep 19, 2015

Went in having no idea what to expect, but that was amazing. Definitely gotta check out their other works now.

AAAAANNNTS
joined Sep 19, 2015

This manga has really come into its own this volume. Both the art and the writing have visibly improved - well, maybe less in terms of quality, that was always great, but in terms of the weight behind it. They figured out a lot of things they want to say, and how to say it. Tone is all over the place, but not in a disorienting way - just gently emulating the meandering way that life presents things to us.

Best xmas present ever, thank you, scanlators. Hope you guys get some rest after that flurry.

AAAAANNNTS
Yuri Danshi discussion 22 Jul 22:31
joined Sep 19, 2015

I mean... I guess it's not a useless discussion and I'm not in a position to comment much as it seems a guys' problem overall.

As a lesbian I think the MC attitude towards yuri is more commendable than the other one. But both of them are creepy anyway.

Always curious of what guys feel about yuri tho. Especially about the yuris that are clearly targetted to women. If it was just about fetishizing homosexuality (...irk...) there wouldn't be so much activity on a lot of mangas I read.

What is the population ratio of this site by the way, gender-wise ?

It's not like there's a blanket description for why a category of people does something (I know you probably didn't mean to imply anything like that, just reminding) but Ch 4 does a pretty good job showing a couple of the reasons that can pull people in. But complicating things even further, these two guys had that talk in Ch 4, yet only realized in Ch 6 that the word "yuri" they discussed meant something completely different to each of them...

As for my input, I think in general, yuri tends to contain girls, so people who are a fan of girls will probably tend to be interested in it more often than people who aren't. Sort of like how yaoi tends to contain guys, so people who are a fan of guys... yadda yadda. And for what it's worth, both tend to contain humans, and be written by humans, so anyone interested in humans can probably appreciate works in each.

AAAAANNNTS
Yuri Danshi discussion 22 Jul 16:30
joined Sep 19, 2015

How come Keisuke is so ridiculously good looking, yet his delusions, obsessively shipping people, stalking people, ...he is such a creep?. Sigh.

It helps highlight how caught up in appearances he is - he obsesses about the surface level, completely blind to anything beyond, which causes him (and the unfortunate people around him) pain. And do note that almost every chapter, his face becomes distorted in comedic and/or hideous fashion as his absurdity is slowly exposed to himself, until his usual appearance returns in a moment of clarity. And the cycle continues, because as he stated from the start, the handsome noble guy who wants to do good, and the grotesque creep who can only fuck things up, are one and the same.

AAAAANNNTS
joined Sep 19, 2015

Hell yeah

joined Sep 19, 2015

Kumichou BTR doujin! Bless! I hope they write more for BTR

hope appears unnecessary - https://twitter.com/kumichooooo/status/1660256372905369601

joined Sep 19, 2015

Well, I mean, with the nature of the whole sensory sharing thing, how were they gonna carry on separately? Especially with how into it the author is, I just assumed they were intent on mushing everyone together

AAAAANNNTS
joined Sep 19, 2015
101484839_p0

Ay! (Ay!)

AAAAANNNTS
Yuri Danshi discussion 09 Apr 18:37
joined Sep 19, 2015

Those credits were amazing. Thank you for going above and beyond for us, I think the author would be proud of you.

joined Sep 19, 2015

The comfy monster girl slice of life niche has been filled again, all is right with the world

joined Sep 19, 2015

I don't usually trust over-the-top premises to contain interesting or believable characters. But I DO, however, trust Akashi. Godspeed.

AAAAANNNTS
Image Comments 30 Oct 08:33
joined Sep 19, 2015
Eqvs_q4xyaqx7up-orig

^A completely normal girl inside her dream, absolutely nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever with her, or the lightswitch for that matter.

joined Sep 19, 2015

Amazing series. Really dives deep into the struggles and joys of the creative process, the industry, and of self-discovery. Really can't imagine fitting more into so few pages.

And that Toda finds a new way to communicate what she can't put into words at the end there... just perfect.

For those already going into withdrawal, there's a couple of extras on the artist's pixiv. Can't read em for shit, but there's one what-if where they go to grade school together, looks adorable AF.

joined Sep 19, 2015

Read left to right to left to right to up to right to left to left to right

AAAAANNNTS
joined Sep 19, 2015

Boy, thinking back to the rest of the series, Momo's fanaticism for strength training really hits different.

It's not an over-the-top hobby, it's concrete fear for Shamiko's life.

AAAAANNNTS
joined Sep 19, 2015

Holy shit

But two things that have me wondering is

1. If this encounter wasn't the one, when exactly did Momo get the two punches on her card? (in her desk in chapter 12) Might end up being irrelevant, or just a one-chapter topic, but I was expecting this event to include that explanation.

2. Who is melon's reincarnation? I bet Ito would have already planted her in the series, if not from the beginning, then at least recently. Meme answer says the dog lady, but... maybe the classmate at the all-you-can-eat who clung to shamiko? Most guesses seem pretty damn silly now, but I wouldn't put anything past this author. Maybe eyeballing the ages of the flashback people could help us narrow down an age (appearance) range.

Also Joshua must be fuckin broken to give that much currency, and just from a sealing, too. How much we betting he'll be the final deus ex machina (after a satisfying legitimate conclusion, of course, he'll just stop the big bad's secret attack after the end)

joined Sep 19, 2015

The pinnacle of class introductions.

AAAAANNNTS
Ayakashiko discussion 09 Sep 00:44
joined Sep 19, 2015

Nene x Mahoro >>>>>>>>> Emi x Mahoro

Fight me.

Apples and oranges.

Both serve very different purposes, and I think both should exist concurrently.

But yeah, with all due respect to oranges, catch me goin apples till the day I fuckin die

AAAAANNNTS
joined Sep 19, 2015

Whoever did the sfx is a god damn legend.

Not that the rest of the team wasn't, too!

AAAAANNNTS
Salad Bowl discussion 25 Apr 15:18
joined Sep 19, 2015

C9B is back, it seems? I'll read anything with their name on it.

Dayum, this series has style.

last edited at Apr 25, 2019 3:37PM

AAAAANNNTS
joined Sep 19, 2015

All I want to know is how the author resisted ending that chapter with "They got wet."