Forum › Blue Skin, Big Tits and a Fucking Loner discussion

joined Apr 6, 2019

Translator here.

I was thinking about renaming the series to a romanization of the title, Ao Hada Kyonyuu to Kuso Bocchi, because I see lots of people, at each chapter release, complaining about how this would be more popular if the title wasn't mentioning tits (even though the title means what I translated it to).

Thoughts?

The manga is great.
The title is great.
The translation is great.
Tits are great.
People who want to censor the word tits? Not so great. Like, at all.

Please please stick to Blue Skin, Big Tits and a Fucking Loner, the title we all love.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Translator here.

I was thinking about renaming the series to a romanization of the title, Ao Hada Kyonyuu to Kuso Bocchi, because I see lots of people, at each chapter release, complaining about how this would be more popular if the title wasn't mentioning tits (even though the title means what I translated it to).

Thoughts?

Please don't, titles are part of a work and romanization is not translation.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Please keep the tits

joined Oct 2, 2021

Please keep the norma stitz

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

After reading this chapter, I think that the angel with bloody swords we see at the end of chapter 13 is a H.L.O.O. member.

A confrontation to come?

Weeb Depression
joined Sep 12, 2021

Translator here.

Thoughts?

On one hand I think the Japanese title would attract readers who would otherwise avoid anything remotely perverted. But on the other hand the Japanese title might not stick out as much, making less English readers notice the story.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, just lovely. ^_^

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

That she can imitate Sera perfectly but has no idea what that actually entails is the most innocently adorable thing ever.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Translator here.

Thoughts?

The title definently drew me in and if it get changed i Will start All my comments in here by swearing like a sailor

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

This bonus chapter made me realize, the author's probably not just scribbling gibberish for the angelic texts. Does anyone know what they're using?

last edited at Oct 14, 2021 6:23PM

Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

I’m one of the people who was initially drawn to this manga by the title after seeing it first uploaded (even despite the official lack of a yuri tag), and I am SO glad I started reading it. Seriously good manga with a lot of work put in by the author (seriously, every page is full color!? Insane!), great translation, and I’ve never felt like the English title has detracted or felt unnatural or anything. If anything, it’s quite the opposite. Even the title alone is enough to clue the potential reader in on the kind of “attitude” this story has.

Whether the title’s changed or not, I don’t think it’ll make a super big difference. But I think it’s definitely for the better to keep it as it is now. If a potential reader would be so put off as to be turned away by the words “fucking” or “tits”, why waste time trying to reel them in anyways? It’s not like they’re not gonna see swear words or big honkin badonkers in even the first chapter. They’ll just drop it after a few pages when they realize how “crude” the story really is. No need to try to fix it if it isn’t broken and already advertises itself properly, right?

last edited at Oct 14, 2021 6:36PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It might not be yuri but Liane is at least bi by now lol

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

The day when one of these duo had white demon wings or Black wing angel will be epic.

joined Sep 12, 2021

I fucking love these extra chapters. The author is spoiling me with the full body shots.

joined Jul 23, 2019

It might not be yuri but Liane is at least bi by now lol

BA-DUMP BA-DUMP

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

This bonus chapter made me realize, the author's probably not just scribbling gibberish for the angelic texts. Does anyone know what they're using?

The "angelic" text is romanized Japanese (Japanese written with Latin characters), where the letters have been cut in the middle and mirrored.

Exemple in this chapter:

HA?
OMAEMADA
IENIINNOKA?

(Huh? You're still home?)

I didn't go through the troubles of translating these bits, because I think even Japanese readers don't read these either (except maybe some hardcore fans).

joined Dec 18, 2020

That heartbeat was fucking excellent.

joined Dec 18, 2020

That heartbeat was fucking excellent.

A
joined May 24, 2013

Yuri crush confirmed

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

Luke, I am your Feather.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

The way it looks like Liane feels when standing in between Sera and Ruri is exactly the way I'd feel standing between the two of them too.

joined Jun 25, 2021

@ title: A non-short japanese title like the one proposed is something I would just gloss right over without a second glance, as I don't know japanese well enough for my brain to try to process it. However, when I saw the current title I thought "I don't like big tits, but the rest of it sounds interesting. Let's take a look." especially given the absence of the NSFW tag

last edited at Oct 19, 2021 9:00PM

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

She looks very good in that dress

joined Oct 22, 2021

I'm getting confused about the angel daughter-father relationship. Is the father an actual controling asshole to his daighter, or does she simply have some sort of complex and is misinterpreting what her well-meaning father is saying?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

niewaznekto posted:

I'm getting confused about the angel daughter-father relationship. Is the father an actual controling asshole to his daighter, or does she simply have some sort of complex and is misinterpreting what her well-meaning father is saying?

I thought it was obvious that she has a father complex, as well as a superiority complex (because of that same father), but he himself is worried about his daughter being under pressure because she's his daughter.

So he could see that there was something fishy about Glamor inviting someone from the lower class she doesn't get along with. So, he tries to get her back on the right track.

And she's now disheartened, because to be up to her father's expectations, she'll have to help Liane.

last edited at Oct 30, 2021 10:14AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.