Forum › Sweet Days with a Boy discussion

joined Oct 10, 2021

I like het, bit less than yuri but yep like it and like this site.
Anyway, the art is pretty. It gives me Kimi wa Petto vibes but the kid is too young man. What's with the licking tears and how does a 30 yr old get this attached to a kid she met like less than a week ago? Weird.
Gonna keep reading. Hope it doesn't end in a pairing, at least until the kid returns from college.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't understand why people are complaining.

Is it some kind of disease to complain about something you could ignore?

Click on "Manage Profile" in the upper right corner and then add "Het" in the "blacklist tags" field.

Problem solved.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

First thing's first. This is not the thread to discuss Dynasty's uploading policies. You may visit the Help thread or the aforementioned previous discussion on this topic if you so please. Just one post needed a response.

thomasina posted:

I thought this website exclusively contains Japanese Yuri manga only. Or Two women as very close friends (Futari Escape)
If a manga that is not Yuri, but rather a Josei, Seinen or Shoujo (such as this one), won't that mean anyone can upload the complete set of the Lol eromanga by Higashiyama Shou? Here we have his 3 non H manga: Prism (Canceled due to copy rights tracing), Stretch (not a Yuri in the strictest sense), and Vampeerz?
So, where is the redline for uploading? Also, your Yuri can be someone else' H; Someone else Yuri can be your Lol Ero.

I'm sorry, you were incorrect. We host on this site what we want to host. Most of what we want to host is yuri. There is no risk of "anyone" uploading whatever they please, because only a select few folks are actually able to distribute content here. Yesterday there were ~60 chapters of yuri added to the site, and one chapter of het added to the site. Don't really need to know more than that.

OrangePekoe posted:

Last warning:

Tags are meant to inform users so that they may interact with works that appeal to them, and avoid those which do not. If your comment on a given work could be summed up as a comment on the tag itself, please avoid making the comment. Repeat offenders may be disciplined as necessary.

From here on, anyone further disregarding rules in this thread will be considered a repeat offender. All unnecessary and low quality posts will be removed. Accounts too, as deemed fit. Spare me. Thank you, take care.

Let's go from the top. The following user's posting privileges have been removed for the time being:

17hunter00, take care.

voidox, if you don't wish to interact with Age gap stories, please avoid clicking on or commenting on them in the future. Thank you, take care.

EugeneZX, take care.

Hauteclere, take care.

Lucifer Gordon, the rules have already been clarified for voidox. Do not post like this again in the future, thank you.

Orestes, take care.

koniny, I did not ban you. However, even if it's a joke, please don't post like that again when there have already been warnings made. Thank you.

Irrelevant or off-topic replies have been removed, my apologies for the inconvenience. Copies of all removed posts are kept and open to access via dm or the Help thread. Thank you.

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 9:57AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Mod Note

Any further posts made relating to tags, uploading policies, or other user's preferences will be removed. This is the Sweet Days with a Boy thread, only meant for discussion of that manga. Thank you for your understanding.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

He licks her tears

I tried to give it an honest shot, and overworked/discriminated OL stories like this are usually right up my alley, but why do guys always have to do stupid ikemen shit like that in het and BL manga all the time. Someone just shoot me dead already.

(hope posting this isn't against the rules lmao)

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 10:54AM

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Oh hella, age gap and nice art is my jam. i could see romance or platonic mother and son. currently wishing for mother and son. I think she doesn't desire to get married atm and just wants to do her own thing but maybe also finding someone to take care of is going to add more meaning and motivation in her life from the misery she's suffering from.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Please be advised, catboy adoption mandates are in effect. I repeat, catboy adoption mandates have begun. This is not a drill. Please secure access to your emotional support catboy. Sweeps of the neighborhood will begin immediately: those found without a government-regulated catboy will be assigned one.

Ahem. Anyway yeah, I’m really liking this so far. The workplace sexism and overwork are enough to be painful and overwhelming while also seeming realistically plausible, so it doesn’t feel like the self-indulgent cartoonish caricature we often see. That kind of stuff is fine, but this is much better for telling a nuanced, grounded story.

I’m excited to see how this goes! I don’t often read het-ish stuff, but this is clearly from a woman’s perspective and so far the way it treats things is really working for me. I think it’s not even the heterosexuality that bothers me about mainstream manga/anime, it’s that it’s so fucking deep in that male perspective bullshit, it just cuts too close to icky stuff that’s already too familiar. Seeing het made by a woman is different, and often really fun and cute.

(Also <3 mods and staff, thank you for your hard work! Y’all do a great job with this space)

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 11:47AM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I just want to say that uploads like this, and the discussions that spawn from them, are why I love this site--both for its content and its community. Thank you, uploaders, and thank you, mods.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

Love me some oneeshota. I, for one, hope it does end in romance. This boy is absolutely gorgeous.

Ec324dcc-cdf2-41b8-a84a-08270b64c8bc
joined Feb 20, 2019

I feel like he already cross a line when he lick her tear off on her cheek 0_0”

Reminds me of Cartman, from South Park, doing the same thing to the kid who ate his parents. That was a funny episode… this manga comes across as a little weird. I’m skipping this.

Oh no, not South Park. I used to watch it and I quit. And I’m saying I’m glad that manga is not that erotic (hope it’s never happening) hmm hey of course anime and manga is better than South Park for me hehe

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

the main thing I got from reading this, is a reminder that I still haven't finish reading Watashi no Shonen lol (actually, if I remember correctly, I think Daphie also worked on that manga right?)

The first chapter was nice, I like the MC and I would like to follow her story, but there wasn't anything that made me care about the boy besides the frustration of what seem to be shitty parents, if anything I got put off by one thing about him, being the tear licking, like what was that ^^;; imo the scene would have worked better with him just cleaning the tears with his hand.

Honestly with the stray cat comparations and the tear licking, I kinda wish it was a manga about an OL adopting an actual cat, and it can still be a drama about her usual life and how the pet makes everything a little bit easier, or something like that, anybody knows of a manga like that? (I can think of that one of the old man and his fat cat, or one about an OL that adopts I think a Tanuki lol)

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 1:46PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I just feel a little bit weird, since I have read this manga up till Chapter 7. Granted it is a translation instead of raw, so how come we are still behind compare with other websites (mostly generic, shounen. shoujo..you get the idea).
Is it possible that this website started off as shoujo, or generic one, and then it became more and more Yuri thanks to words of mouths. or words of email??? Once it gets going, nobody can stop it except the admin, and that is a lot of work for a few people who worked for free (volunteers). I am not sure if the admin would spend much time on determination, because it is possible that a yuri relationship is not revealed until, say. chapter 3 of a manga. Plus sometimes some manga is difficult to be classified, such as Futari Escape.from YHC. You would have thought every manga in the magazine is Yuri, and then out comes a comedy with zero romantic elements. (another one which I like is Nishi Uko's Collectors from Le Paradis).

In any case, thanks for yall hard work. I found this place because I came from the yaoi and shoujo background, and when mangadex got P0wned, this site became my default. Every morning I would checked the latest release.
Notice my current avatar; this was practically the very first Yuri that I read some 25 years ago. There was no magazine that was solely intended for Yuri, and in this case, it got burred inside Margaret. Yes, the same Margaret that published Zetsuai (a ground breaking yaoi which changed the nature of publishing: this was the beginning of doujin Yaoi, and Yuri was still stuck with a generic or Josel magazine,

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 3:19PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Is it possible that this website started off as shoujo, or generic one, and then it became more and more Yuri thanks to words of mouths. or words of email???

This website started for scanlating manga:

Dynasty was founded in 2005 in order to pick up Pastel, after it was licensed by Del Rey and Animewaves had dropped the series. The three founding members were Wyvern_D (editor), Co_ol (translator) and ChronoXVIII (editor, proofreader). The group started with only one project but quickly expanded the number of series scanlated, favoring shoujo-ai and manga that had kickass artwork.
Everyone hates us now, but loves the reader! Love-hate relationships are the best.

きらきら輝いた
Dqijxcpe
joined Jul 26, 2020

5th active project?! that's incredible, thank you.

joined Mar 15, 2015

When I saw the opening narration about how Ai "picked up a cat," I thought it would be another one of those stories about a woman falling in love with a cat, but it turns out that she was speaking metaphorically.

As for the chapter, it has a somewhat inconsistent tone, going from comedy to angst and back, which can be a bit jarring and makes me wonder what the overall tone is supposed to be.

Out of curiosity, does it count as pseudo-incest if Ai falls in love with her nephew, and said nephew is her older sister's stepson? The boy might not be related by blood to Ai, but he's still family to her, even if they've just met.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

A het remake of Raindrop Harmonia? Very nice. Office Ladies and runaway children always does it, no matter the sexuality.

Shoggoth_by_pahko
joined May 25, 2020

As others said, the whole pseudo-incest bit, and the fact the guy is underage, leave a bad taste and is frankly frustrating (if it goes into romance that is). Seriously, considering the BS excuse made to have him live with her, having the guy be a student/worker in his late teen/early twenties be her roommate/something similar would have worked just as well, keeping more than enough room for the same type of drama, especially seeing how much it goes into the sexism of the MC workplace.

Really feel like quite a few elements could have been reworked and would have resulted in a better, more interesting setup (be it romantic or no).

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I like het, bit less than yuri but yep like it and like this site.
Anyway, the art is pretty. It gives me Kimi wa Petto vibes

I know, right? That was the first thing I thought of. But heck, I liked Kimi Wa Petto and it's been a fair number of years since--some themes get re-used in manga hundreds of times a year, so I'm not gonna go off on it for being derivative unless it turns out the boy actually arrived here after being run over by Truck-kun.

joined Aug 29, 2019

I didn't want to read 44 pages right now, but somehow I felt compelled to after starting the chapter. I'm in.
Thanks for doing this, Daphie.

Also the first two pages of the thread really cracked me up.

20211012_194251
joined Oct 12, 2021

Some of you reported my comment just for i saying: well, het still exist. what a shame, wow guys, but anyways, sorry for saying that

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Minalinsky posted:

(hope posting this isn't against the rules lmao)

Of course not. I'm glad too, I love your posts.

Ultraxion posted:

Out of curiosity, does it count as pseudo-incest if Ai falls in love with her nephew, and said nephew is her older sister's stepson? The boy might not be related by blood to Ai, but he's still family to her, even if they've just met.

Yes, it would count. I guess it will be added if it goes in that direction.

thomasina posted:

I just feel a little bit weird, since I have read this manga up till Chapter 7...so how come we are still behind compare with other websites.

That decision is made by the scanlator, we're following the upload schedule exactly as she intended it. Thanks for your patience.

Is it possible that this website started off as shoujo, or generic one, and then it became more and more Yuri thanks to words of mouths. or words of email??? Once it gets going, nobody can stop it except the admin, and that is a lot of work for a few people who worked for free (volunteers). I am not sure if the admin would spend much time on determination, because it is possible that a yuri relationship is not revealed until, say. chapter 3 of a manga. Plus sometimes some manga is difficult to be classified, such as Futari Escape.from YHC. You would have thought every manga in the magazine is Yuri, and then out comes a comedy with zero romantic elements. (another one which I like is Nishi Uko's Collectors from Le Paradis).

Hmm. That's a really broad question, I'm not sure I'm able to answer it, and this isn't really the place either way. I guess I'll just say for the last ~8 years it's been the same few of us uploading to the site and determining its direction - with a great deal of help from certain very dedicated community members. We do spend a good deal of time and effort verifying translation work and doing our best to accurately tag whatever we choose to add. Never perfect, of course.

In any case, thanks for yall hard work. I found this place because I came from the yaoi and shoujo background, and when mangadex got P0wned, this site became my default.

Glad you came to visit us, interesting bit of history there. Take care.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

EugeneLF posted:

Some of you reported my comment just for i saying: well, het still exist. what a shame, wow guys, but anyways, sorry for saying that

Well, I appreciate the apology, but nobody reported you. A final warning was given on Page 1 for flagrant disregard of the rules and prior warnings. You're unbanned in just some hours, so please drop this. Thank you.

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 9:28PM

havent seen a het manga in here for a long time
kinda surprised

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Of course not. I'm glad too, I love your posts.

Aw, shucks. I didn't think my posts were special or frequent enough to be noticed like that - I'm flattered. Assuming that wasn't sarcasm, which if it was, I totally knew that.

As for the new chapter. Yeah, I think I'm done. I gave it a fair shot, but it's just... meh. To blogpost for a bit, my rationale for trying this series was hoping that it'd avoid the usual cliches when it comes to writing dudes, since the guy is clearly meant to be like a "pet cat" or something to her. Which I don't really have a problem with, I mean, I fucking eat up Itou Hachi, so it'd be hypocritical to say anything about that. But two scenes in this chapter just made me done:

1. When he snatched the sketchbook from Morikawa's hand - especially the sharp look in his eyes when he asked what she was doing.
  2. When he pulled Morikawa along and she thought "he's strong because he's a boy after all."

Like 99% of the times when they write guys, why do they always gotta write something about how "but they're still a MAN and loving BUT STILL DANGEROUS" no matter what the actual power dynamic between the two characters are like. Sometimes you have the most crossdressingest feminineist literal shota character ever drawn and he still has to go I am man if his romantic partner is female.

I can already picture the inevitable scene later when Morikawa gets in trouble with some shit guys come in harassing her at her job or wherever and catboy shows up unexpectedly and scares them off with his man energy. It drives me up a goddamn wall because I love the art, and Morikawa is super cute. Kinda reminds me of how I always like shoujo artstyles, and how shoujo manga heroines are super cute. Except they're always with a dude like this.

In other words, fukkin shoot me.dead. Oh well.

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 10:52PM

Hodo%20hodo
joined Apr 11, 2019

cat's got fangs

To reply you must either login or sign up.