Forum › My Roommate Found Out That I Drew Her in a Yuri Manhua! discussion

Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-ydiwshq0rx
joined Jan 5, 2021

Awww the story is soo cute

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I don't know why, but the translator notes, at the very end, giving the suggestion to resize if you're reading on Dynasty are really funny to me.

Like, I'm just imagining someone absolutely struggling to read it then getting to that at the end and being like

last edited at Oct 6, 2021 7:52PM

Img_20220308_225853
joined Aug 18, 2021

I don't know why, but the translator notes, at the very end, giving the suggestion to resize if you're reading on Dynasty are really funny to me.

Like, I'm just imagining someone absolutely struggling to read it then getting to that at the end and being like

well thanks to this comment I could read this correctly right away lmfao

that aside, nice story. I love when people tease someone a lot just to embarrass them !(•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑

joined Sep 29, 2021

This author’s nice, do they have any other works?

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I wish I had a hot roommate who would act flirtatious with me when they discover I used them as a character reference for a gay story with me and them as the main characters

joined Jul 14, 2021

This author’s nice, do they have any other works?

Yeah! I'm pretty sure it's just the one, but here's their other series (updated super haphazardly lmao, havent checked the status in a while, maybe they marked it as complete)

Raws: https://www.kuaikanmanhua.com/web/topic/10927/
MU: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=185003
Where to read: https://cubari.moe/read/gist/JC3y9/

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Wholesome :))

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

She could go ask her roommate for some more...extensive...reference materials. Specifically some examples of how she holds hands and hugs of course.

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

beautiful friendship with her roommate

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Why a oneshot? WHY a oneshot?

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

This is great.

joined Apr 28, 2021

AH I LOVE THIS IT'S SO CUTE

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

This needs to be a series.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I thought this was pretty good

joined Dec 28, 2016

Interesting that this kind of manhua gets drawn. I thought this was illegal (unfortunately) in China.

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 3:39AM

joined Apr 8, 2021

Interesting that this kind of manhua gets drawn. I thought this was illegal (unfortunately) in China.

Nope, just one person making up anti-Chinese drivel and the rest of the internet baselessly gobbling down it down because it fits their biases, perpetuating this misinformation further and further on literally every single manhua thread on this site. I keep trying to correct it but here it is being spread again...

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Nope, just one person making up anti-Chinese drivel and the rest of the internet baselessly gobbling down it down because it fits their biases, perpetuating this misinformation further and further on literally every single manhua thread on this site. I keep trying to correct it but here it is being spread again...

While the rumors about yuri manhua getting banned may have been exaggerated due to one incident, it's definitely not baseless to assume the Chinese government would do so, considering their clear anti-lgbt legislature and track record of banning other pieces of lgbt+ media.

I mean authors of lgbt works have basically no protection on their publishing sites, if the govs or the providers decided to crack down on them based on laws that are clearly stacked against them. Only reason they don't is bc there's a high demand for it and bc the authors try to stay in the clear by skirting as close to being "subtext only" as possible while trying to make clear to those who "know" that it's totally not subtext.

joined Apr 8, 2021

not baseless to assume the Chinese government would do so

It is baseless to assert that they will or have done so. Is it possible it could happen in the future? Sure, anything is. But it's not illegal and there is currently no reason to believe it will actually become so, so it should stop being repeated in every thread.

and bc the authors try to stay in the clear by skirting as close to being "subtext only" as possible while trying to make clear to those who "know" that it's totally not subtext.

I'm begging you, please just stop making things up to push a narrative. Please.

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 10:23AM

joined Mar 20, 2012

Where to read: https://cubari.moe/read/gist/JC3y9/

This is amazing, they even reference Bloom into You, I need at least 10 more chapters. Really like the art style.

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

sadly it's just a oneshot...it's still really cute tho

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I thought the suggestion was cute, but this really is funny XD

Also, very cute one-shot. It's a bit funny that, not only had she drawn the roommate as a shy, gay-panicking mess, but also herself as confident and assertive... I wonder if the roommate realized this (I bet she did and decided to correct things lol).

Well, I guess it's good to dream, Xiu Yang!

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 4:39PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Not overt homosexual activities in the manga ✅

+15 social credit ↑

It is baseless to assert that they will or have done so. Is it possible it could happen in the future? Sure, anything is. But it's not illegal and there is currently no reason to believe it will actually become so, so it should stop being repeated in every thread.

and bc the authors try to stay in the clear by skirting as close to being "subtext only" as possible while trying to make clear to those who "know" that it's totally not subtext.

Defending the honor of the glorious CCP ✅

+20 social credit ↑

Keep it up! ☺

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 7:16PM

joined Jul 14, 2021

+15 social credit ↑

+20 social credit ↑

Keep it up! ☺

I mean, from what I’ve seen, the CCP really doesn’t care unless it’s kissing (mouth to mouth), fucking, or selling physical copies. There are definitely censored things on Kuaikan (curious how I can’t find any LGBT mouth to mouth kisses hmmm + remember when MDZS’s artist had to leak the kiss onto twitter?), but a peck on the cheek totally passes, and can be pretty damn overt. And then also ‘Their Story’ got blocked from selling physical copies if I recall, but they sure did have a confession scene without being nuked to the ground lol

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 10:20PM

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

Slick. I like it.

joined Apr 8, 2021

+15 social credit ↑

+20 social credit ↑

Keep it up! ☺

I would appreciate if a Westerner could, just one time, realise the incredible irony of criticising Chinese for being indoctrinated by propaganda, when you are so deep into your own country's propaganda that you disregard reality and are content with lies being spread as long as they conform to your biases. I said no word in defense of the CCP, only in defense of truthful information. Telling that you chose to interpret advocating against misinformation as a negative thing, because the truth doesn't agree with you.

last edited at Oct 8, 2021 4:49AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.