Forum › Posts by Peintresse

Peintresse
Pink Ribbon discussion 29 Dec 20:36
joined Jul 14, 2021

Is there a page missing between 24 and 25? I feel like I'm missing some context.

To me it feels like there's something missing between 22 and 23. Anyone got access to the raws to see if anything was accidentally skipped?

Possible there’s a page missing from the bookwalker version, but more likely that’s my bad for scuffing the tl. Lemme retry. Yuxuan first says ‘我才不管那么多’, literally ‘I don’t care that much’, as in ‘I don’t care what you have to say’. (‘That won’t change anything’ implication vibes) Then she says ‘就算现在说出来怎么样,我还是有想要传达给你的事!’ ‘No matter what happens as a result of saying it out loud (‘cause it hasn’t been said yet), I still have something I want to tell you!’

To be frank I struggled with this part cause I’m a weak CTL lol, sorry for any confusion.

Peintresse
Pink Ribbon discussion 28 Dec 18:59
joined Jul 14, 2021

Whenever Ch 5 goes up, know there's still an extra I'm gonna scanlate--series isn't quite done yet lol

Peintresse
joined Jul 14, 2021

absolutely gorgeous typesetting!!!!

<3 Thank you very much! That makes me so happy lol, I spent so long on some of it and I'm glad to hear it paid off.

Peintresse
joined Jul 14, 2021

"In all things, the beginning and end are the most engaging. Does the love of man and woman suggest only their embraces? No, the sorrow of lovers parted before they met, laments over promises betrayed, long lonely nights spent sleepless until dawn, pining thoughts for one in some far place, a woman left sighing over past love in her tumbledown abode—It is these, surely, that embody the romance of love."

absolutely lovely, that's all i can say

Poem can be found here! It sure is gorgeous though, yeah.
https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/316262/essays-in-idleness-and-hojoki-by-kenko-and-chomei/.

joined Jul 14, 2021

Anyone interested in helping w a short-term project? Scanlating this cute yuri anthology, just looking for clrd to help with screentone hell, will bribe w cute girls. Already got translations for all the chapters set. Reach out via our discord, mayhaps? https://discord.gg/FJHYPvHjQp Thanks!

last edited at Dec 23, 2021 3:13PM

Peintresse
Pink Ribbon discussion 23 Dec 10:59
joined Jul 14, 2021

Does anyone know if this comic has a Japanese translation? I want to buy it, but I can't read Chinese.

Not to my knowledge :/. There’s an official Korean translation though, if you know Korean: https://ridibooks.com/books/945053734

joined Jul 14, 2021

With that being said, I remember Photoshop costing a pretty penny and I don't know what kids these days use to pirate software. I guess most of these passages can be accomplished using free software like Gimp too?

If you check out scanlation school (https://discord.gg/NCzxVB9), they have a channel linking to easy-to-use pirated ps

joined Jul 14, 2021

Dropping the series btw. Good run, but I just don't have time to give consistent updates. Sorry! Hopefully someone can give it what it deserves.

Peintresse
joined Jul 14, 2021

Doesn't the art look like A Story Concerning Sweets?

It should! It’s the same artist lol

joined Jul 14, 2021

Chinese title of this (橘味少女行为图鉴) takes its roots from Saburouta's Citrus - a more literal translation would be "An illustrated guide to the behaviour of a tangerine-scented girl".

Absolutely cackling

Peintresse
joined Jul 14, 2021

Does anyone know what the symbolism of the tangerine is, that the translator reffers to?

Yeah, RadiosAreObsolete is right, it's just a GL symbol 'cause of Citrus. 橘味 (Orange flavour) and 橘系 (Orange relations) basically just mean 'GL' lmao.

Peintresse
joined Jul 14, 2021

Koisuru Asteroid has some obvious photograph-based stuff, but it's hardly top tier manga.

Is long strip a manhwa thing?

Long strip and manhua/manhwa are practically synonymous at this point haha! /j I kid, but almost all manhua.hwa are longstrip, so yeah.

Peintresse
joined Jul 14, 2021

Lol, for sure. You definitely see longstrip artists using 3D assets wayyy more than manga artists do.

Interesting. Why would long strip artists be more prone to that?

That is...a good question haha. If you look at manhwa, they're in almost all of em, especially the rofan ones. Some creative teams even have a dedicated role for blender users, I believe? I think some combination of the tight one-week update schedule and just the precedent of using 3D assets always being there in longstrip. Whereas if you tried to introduce 3D assets in manga, I think people would riot lol.

Peintresse
joined Jul 14, 2021

I was just re-reading Understanding Comics, and thought to switch over and apply some of that to some real comics, so looked again at this one. I'm not sure where dialogue falls in his list of panel transitions -- action? moment? -- but there is a fair amount of the aspect-aspect transitions he notes as unique to Japanese (or here, Asian) comics vs. Western ones. But he also talks about the levels of abstraction in art style, and how it's not uncommon to combine simplified/cartoon characters with more realistic art.

And this comic seems an extreme case. Look at the cubicle panel here https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_fruitless_betrothal_ch01#7
How much of that is even drawn, vs. traced, or processed photograph, or copied image? The binders on the desks are just color blobs, but that's like a full world map on the wall, perfect perspective on the water cooler and shelves... but very simplified people, with not even consistent faces (like the chibi ones in the next panel).

Interesting combination, anyway.

Lol, for sure. You definitely see longstrip artists using 3D assets wayyy more than manga artists do.

last edited at Oct 21, 2021 10:38PM

Peintresse
joined Jul 14, 2021

So, both het and Yuri tag but not bisexual so I assume the people involved in the het are not the same that are involved in the Yuri?

Spoil the answer if anyone has it

To my understanding, the OG timeline has het, and there’s background het and BL pairings in the current timeline. Pretty sure it’s gonna be full Yuri though lmao, the association producing this is literally called ‘Yuri Club’

Sorry, but what do you mean by OG timeline? Is this a spinoff? Or the Mc is in a het relationship in the original material and this work is a Yuri remake?

Nono, I mean like, do you know how villainess works? TL;DR: There's an OG timeline (otome game) which is almost always tragic, and the MC (from real world) isekai's into the victim's body and tries to steer things into a happy ending.

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 9:52PM

Peintresse
Long strip discussion 07 Oct 21:49
joined Jul 14, 2021

Lmao I'm all for it, frankly

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 10:07PM

joined Jul 14, 2021

Not overt homosexual activities in the manga ✅

+15 social credit ↑

not baseless to assume the Chinese government would do so

It is baseless to assert that they will or have done so. Is it possible it could happen in the future? Sure, anything is. But it's not illegal and there is currently no reason to believe it will actually become so, so it should stop being repeated in every thread.

and bc the authors try to stay in the clear by skirting as close to being "subtext only" as possible while trying to make clear to those who "know" that it's totally not subtext.

I'm begging you, please just stop making things up to push a narrative. Please.

Defending the honor of the glorious CCP ✅

+20 social credit ↑

Keep it up! ☺

I mean, from what I’ve seen, the CCP really doesn’t care unless it’s kissing (mouth to mouth), fucking, or selling physical copies. There are definitely censored things on Kuaikan (curious how I can’t find any LGBT mouth to mouth kisses hmmm + remember when MDZS’s artist had to leak the kiss onto twitter?), but a peck on the cheek totally passes, and can be pretty damn overt. And then also ‘Their Story’ got blocked from selling physical copies if I recall, but they sure did have a confession scene without being nuked to the ground lol

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 10:20PM

Peintresse
joined Jul 14, 2021

Many thanks to Zephyr Scans and Peintresse for bringing this to us and allowing us to rehost their work!

You should credit Lunaa instead, she’s the group leader and organized this whole series scanlation >:D <3

Peintresse
joined Jul 14, 2021

So, both het and Yuri tag but not bisexual so I assume the people involved in the het are not the same that are involved in the Yuri?

Spoil the answer if anyone has it

To my understanding, [spoil]the OG timeline has het, and there’s background het and BL pairings in the current timeline. Pretty sure it’s gonna be full Yuri though lmao, the association producing this is literally called ‘Yuri Club’[/spoil]

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 9:51PM

Peintresse
joined Jul 14, 2021

So cute
The translations are different from the ones I read on Mangago, shifts the story slightly

Oh god, please for the love of god avoid the mangago translations for this series. Their tl greatly offended me. :dorime:

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 10:04PM

joined Jul 14, 2021

This author’s nice, do they have any other works?

Yeah! I'm pretty sure it's just the one, but here's their other series (updated super haphazardly lmao, havent checked the status in a while, maybe they marked it as complete)

Raws: https://www.kuaikanmanhua.com/web/topic/10927/
MU: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=185003
Where to read: https://cubari.moe/read/gist/JC3y9/

joined Jul 14, 2021

I have wanted to make an account for so long but held off. And now I did because this was so fecking cute. Thank you for translating and bringing this gem (and artist!) to my life.

(On a sidenote, since everyone seemed to be commenting about it. I didn’t have that much of a problem with the “watermarks” and I kinda preferred it. But my dumb brain kept thinking we reached the “The End” section of the page every time I noticed it

<3 Lol I’m really happy you liked it! I’m a massive fan of the artist too haha, tbh the scan group is like exclusively dedicated to their stuff lmao

joined Jul 14, 2021

https://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=6506211&tags=user%3Arobblu

https://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=6506212&tags=user%3Arobblu

Here are the character sheets for the characters in the manga can someone translate to english?

Hey! Pretty sure the guy who translated this oneshot (LW) is also working on the extra pages and stuff, but she’s busy with a move so that might still be a while, sorry.

joined Jul 14, 2021

Hey just commenting because I noticed you missed a few spots with the credits, don't worry; I fixed it for you

wow that looks beautiful tyvm for the fix

joined Jul 14, 2021

Super tacky to put your scanlation credits over the panels imo, and on so many pages at that. It's disrespectful to the artist and the artwork.

Gonna be honest, I only did that cuz I was too lazy to whip a whole credit page up for a oneshot. I'll definitely cut down on that if I do a oneshot again in the future though, you're not the only one who's complained ab that lmao.

Also, cubari page with links to where to buy raws and stuff if you wanna do that: https://cubari.moe/read/gist/JzMRG/