Forum › My Best Friend Who I Love Fell Completely in Love With My Vtuber Self discussion

Gay
joined Jun 13, 2016

me @ Pomu

joined May 15, 2021

This artist... I know this artist... It made that Coco goodbye doujin... Sniff.... Eh? Why im tearing....

Chocolate%20photo%20-%20copy
joined Apr 2, 2013

Still at least with this manga I'm placing money on the voice changer failing for some reason, tech error or she forgot to turn it on, maybe she decides to do a voice reveal. Something that gives her voice away to her friend. I could be super far off, but it's fun to make theories at least.

I think one of the Youtube videos has a troupe where the guy recognizes his female classmate's voice. In that same video, another guy classmate goes and stalks her... it's a troupe either way...
https://youtu.be/ximzoaS4Mgk

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Still at least with this manga I'm placing money on the voice changer failing for some reason, tech error or she forgot to turn it on, maybe she decides to do a voice reveal. Something that gives her voice away to her friend. I could be super far off, but it's fun to make theories at least.

I think one of the Youtube videos has a troupe where the guy recognizes his female classmate's voice. In that same video, another guy classmate goes and stalks her... it's a troupe either way...
https://youtu.be/ximzoaS4Mgk

Yeah I think there was something on here the other day where a character mentions something similar happening...I'm unfortunately blanking. I'm certain I'm someone on here knows.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Of course it would be Hikawa that does the first vtuber yuri series

...It's kinda weird how much Taiga resembles Botan, though

joined Aug 21, 2017

Now THIS is a contemporary manga for contemporary audiences.

The future is now!

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

I get that they need the voice changer thing for this to work, but the vast majority of vtubers don't use them, so why would she?

It was said in character chart. She can’t stand her own cute voice

Hmm well I guess this means she's not capable of putting on a stream voice of her own. Since most Vtubers don't use voice changers they usually do one of the following, use their normal voice, a spin on their normal voice, or they change it up completely for streaming via their own vocal talent.

Using a voice changer is risky and especially if you're not up front about it. Since tech tends to fail a lot, everyone makes mistakes, and I believe it's limiting with doing things like in person collabs with your Vtuber friends, along with other stuff. A person using a voice changer after awhile would likely have their actual voice come out eventually...and it makes me wonder if that's the real reason the author chose for her to use a voice changer. The voice changer eventually fails or something and her friend instantly recognizes it's her. Hell I'll call it now haha

Voice changer surprisingly works fine for me, I use it for my work as an announcer. Maybe it also depends on the quality of the sound card you're using, but mine doesn't sound voice changer at all. So the manga doesn't seem weird to me at all, although I get that most of the VTubers use their actual voice (like noel) and some are just talented seiyuus, it's not really new to me that someone has to use voice changer for streaming.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Wow! Pretty interesting concept. It really caught my attention. I hope it will have many chapters.

Also, what’s with that insanely cute art style!! Colored eyes? Yes, please!!!

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Voice changer surprisingly works fine for me, I use it for my work as an announcer. Maybe it also depends on the quality of the sound card you're using, but mine doesn't sound voice changer at all. So the manga doesn't seem weird to me at all, although I get that most of the VTubers use their actual voice (like noel) and some are just talented seiyuus, it's not really new to me that someone has to use voice changer for streaming.

Ah it's cool that it works well for you. Also yeah I've heard of numerous Vtubers and the like that use voice changers so it's not really a surprise for me at least, but I think a lot of them make a point of not doing so? In part because they like to flex their vocal talent I believe, and don't want to have a voice changer assist them unless they're joking around or something. As you said numerous ones are talented seiyuus.

last edited at Sep 27, 2021 12:39AM

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Reminder that this amazing chad of a mangaka gave Shinozaki-san (what is supposed to be a gag series) a proper yuri end, AND a 2-page-spread big kiss between Akina and Kaede, so I'm pumped for this new series even if its half as good as that.

last edited at Sep 27, 2021 1:00AM

Villains
joined May 1, 2015

Hikawa Shou finally returns to manga because their vtuber obsession has grown too powerful to be contained in fanart.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

yes i like this

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

Hilarity ensues, I'm down.

20220617_152146
joined Apr 2, 2020

I like where this is going

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

that's cute

joined Jul 21, 2020

Psst... the eyes... Oshiga, look at the eyes....

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Vtubers are one of those things that's still a big mystery to me. I honestly feel like a complete boomer because I don't understand who they are, what they are doing, or why they suddenly became so popular.

Itwouldbe-yuriscans
joined Oct 30, 2018

"Laid-back attitude and cute appearance." Is she inspired by Botan?
"Doesn't want to do horror." Ah, nope.

I'm a fan of the author and they are pretty deep in the rabbit hole recently. I suppose the Vtuber manga was inevitable. Welp, time to not just watch but also read Vtubers.

last edited at Sep 27, 2021 8:00AM

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

reminds me of those stories Subaru told about her friends lmao

Same came to mind

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Since manga characters already look like vtuber avatars, it would be funny if their avatars looked realistic instead.

reminds me of those stories Subaru told about her friends lmao

Same came to mind

And yeah this is also me hehe.

last edited at Sep 27, 2021 9:05AM

joined Jan 6, 2017

Since manga characters already look like vtuber avatars, it would be funny if their avatars looked realistic instead.

Or something like Zen's Ultimate form

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Vtubers are one of those things that's still a big mystery to me. I honestly feel like a complete boomer because I don't understand who they are, what they are doing, or why they suddenly became so popular.

lol same, or whatever holo...live is? and haven't really cared enough to look it up XD

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

TEETEE

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

PRECIOUS SMILE ON PAGE 3

joined Jan 6, 2017

PRECIOUS SMILE ON PAGE 3

needs to be a tag

To reply you must either login or sign up.