Forum › My Best Friend Who I Love Fell Completely in Love With My Vtuber Self discussion

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Remember people, don't send money you can't afford to spend to your favorite content creators.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

Remember people, don't send money you can't afford to spend to your favorite content creators.

Don't spend money you can't afford to spend is often good advice

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

WAH RED

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

"Don't throw superchats at me" is definitely a sentence I didn't ever expect to see in a manga.

joined May 24, 2014

Does she actually likes big bazongas?

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

Every chapter, I get the suspicion more and more that friend/fangirl actually knows. Last chapter it felt like bringing up the string of "coincidences" was prodding to see if it'd make MC confess to it, and this new chapter, she literally tells real life MC not to let her VTuber self retire. Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but the hinting feels about as subtle as a brick crashing through a window to me.

last edited at Sep 30, 2021 9:08PM

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Every chapter, I get the suspicion more and more that friend/fangirl actually knows. Last chapter it felt like bringing up the string of "coincidences" was prodding to see if it'd make MC confess to it, and this new chapter, she literally tells real life MC not to let her VTuber self retire. Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but the hinting feels about as subtle as a brick crashing through a window to me.

I was thinking the same thing. It could definitely go either way right now.

joined May 30, 2016

Yeah the part where she directly told her not to retire the Vtuber character feels odd. Maybe the whole reason she fell for this Vtuber is exactly because she knows it was her best friend and is actually just trying to coax a confession to confirm her suspicion.

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

Yeah the part where she directly told her not to retire the Vtuber character feels odd. Maybe the whole reason she fell for this Vtuber is exactly because she knows it was her best friend and is actually just trying to coax a confession to confirm her suspicion.

We already had that happen with that other manga recently about the disciplinary committee member and the "delinquent" where the committee member is also working at a crossdressing cafe and the "delinquent" acts in love with the crossdressed version, but in reality is in love with the committee member and knew all her secrets.

It's a fun concept but it will get boring if way too many mangas just resort to it as the default twist.

last edited at Sep 30, 2021 10:08PM

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

We already had that happen with that other manga recently about the disciplinary committee member and the "delinquent" where the committee member is also working at a crossdressing cafe and the "delinquent" acts in love with the crossdressed version, but in reality is in love with the committee member and knew all her secrets.

It's a fun concept but it will get boring if way too many mangas just resort to it as the default twist.

True, but I'll take another dose of that before it becomes the standard, it's an interesting twist. I just hope that if it is true, they don't make the current stage of their relationship drag on too long, or even worse, last until the end of the manga before the reveal.

last edited at Sep 30, 2021 10:11PM

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Don't doxx people.

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

Chapter 5 is so on point. I really hate people exposing VTubers' real identity just to gain attention. I remember there was this one guy on YouTube exposing them sa blatantly, I'm glad he's reported now. You liked the Vtuber because he/she was fun to watch not because you wanna marry the person behind, so the idea of being disillusioned because you don't like how they look irl, is completely on you.

6dc89f5c-43ac-44ad-a0d6-fe9ddf4f2fb2
joined Sep 2, 2021

Chapter 5 is so on point. I really hate people exposing VTubers' real identity just to gain attention. I remember there was this one guy on YouTube exposing them sa blatantly, I'm glad he's reported now. You liked the Vtuber because he/she was fun to watch not because you wanna marry the person behind, so the idea of being disillusioned because you don't like how they look irl, is completely on you.

Yessss that! Not sure if anyone cares but, the whole point of Vtubers in the first place is liking their personality and persona. Most of the time they aren’t even playing their characters anymore, but because their personalities matches so well with their persona you could barely tell the differences between what’s reality and what isn’t. And 99% of the time videos of Vtubers “breaking” out of character is them talking about a sensitive or serious topic. Again, they are playing a character, but you can tell they genuinely enjoy the job that they are doing; in a way where everything feels enjoyable. And even if they eventually break character, you still have that connection as a fan who is there to support them as a fan, and only a fan. You aren’t special and posting videos about who is behind the screen, or knowing that information doesn’t make you special either. Sorry not sorry.

joined Nov 21, 2018

I'm a little split on the issue of past/alternate identities for VTubers, partially because some of them don't make much effort to hide it. Even hololive VTubers include overt and subtle hints in their character designs, profiles, and work (like Polka's pink hair strands, Pekora's official age, the dice roll sound at the end of Calliope's debut single, etc).

Personally, I like being able to support my faves' old work in art and music, but there are definitely also guys that want to know if vtubers are hot girls irl, as if they were being "tricked" if they're not.

last edited at Oct 1, 2021 1:31AM

__fujiwara_no_mokou_and_houraisan_kaguya_touhou_drawn_by_ootsuki_wataru__abfa356e1066a80ad94144d78ad40e5f%20-%20copia
joined Sep 22, 2019

I have to say, I'm digging the whole "Vibrant eye colors and Black and White everything else" style. I'm not sure why, but it really works.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I think she'd have a point about not wanting to know the identity behind Vtubers if we hadn't already had these things called actors playing characters for many years now.

But on the topic of trying to "expose" someone's identity who doesn't want to freely give it, that's crap.

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2018

She for sure knows now.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Her voice shouldn't be that different through a mic than irl.

joined Oct 21, 2013

Don't doxx people.

Youtube-kun never gets the memo.

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

Okay yeah, she knows. This didn't have the subtlety of a brick through a window, it abandoned the concept of subtlety entirely. But that raises the question: if she knows, why hasn't she said anything yet? Is she waiting for MC to say it on her own? Because I hate to tell you girl, but your streamer friend over here is a top tier useless lesbian. xD

Also, seems my concern of the story stagnating isn't as much of a problem as I thought. This development was unexpectedly quick, so the pace is already changing, and that probably means the stagnation I worried about won't be an issue.

last edited at Oct 1, 2021 10:05PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

She can't see the truth because it's too close to see the full picture

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Well I 1000% called the stream scuff, and her forgetting to turn it on. I just didn't expect her friend to be this dense lmao

joined May 15, 2021

Yessss that! Not sure if anyone cares but, the whole point of Vtubers in the first place is liking their personality and persona. Most of the time they aren’t even playing their characters anymore, but because their personalities matches so well with their persona you could barely tell the differences between what’s reality and what isn’t. And 99% of the time videos of Vtubers “breaking” out of character is them talking about a sensitive or serious topic. Again, they are playing a character, but you can tell they genuinely enjoy the job that they are doing; in a way where everything feels enjoyable. And even if they eventually break character, you still have that connection as a fan who is there to support them as a fan, and only a fan. You aren’t special and posting videos about who is behind the screen, or knowing that information doesn’t make you special either. Sorry not sorry.

Bold of you to assume we want to have such information to feel special... Some of us just want to know bc of a SHEER and PURE curiosity for knowing the kind of person behind

last edited at Oct 1, 2021 11:45PM

joined May 24, 2014

Pixivy update

HUG?!

To reply you must either login or sign up.