Forum › I Kissed a Succubus discussion

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

every timу I read the dialogs I'm like wtf is going on? how did you come up with those words? what did you even mean?
such strange series. the storyline with succubus falling for each other was way better

hmm... the "you" in your comment is very imprecise, are you talking about the author, the characters or the translator? if i'm the one being asked, do you have an example? as far as i can tell, other than liking to use some over-the-top expressions sometimes (which are google-able), i'm using proper English, lol

no-no I was talking about the story
the plot and dialogs are so unrealistic so not-human-like and emotionless
the you is about characters

oh she slapped me, oh they patched up. how? when? what happened? Fuu just enetered and screamed baka... what happened then? how did they made up? .___. it makes zero sense to me all series long

Read ch11 again

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

Whatever route this manga goes, I just hope Fuu doesn't get hurt. But it's about time Yukiko put her foot down. Good for her.

last edited at Sep 14, 2021 5:52PM

joined May 15, 2021

Wait a second, did she went on a rampage and started doing it with her friends? But why? If the explanation from before was accurate then she should be "recharged", then why? Is there something disrupting her from gaining energy?

last edited at Sep 14, 2021 7:42PM

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Wait a second, did she went on a rampage and started doing it with her friends? But why? If the explanation from before was accurate then she should be "recharged", then why? Is there something disrupting her from gaining energy?

Konomi hadn't fed for a while for all we know, but it's clear she can't get her fit, so she went and done it with many girls and was still left kinda unsatisfied. That's how I see it. In the last 3 chapters, the one who got to feed was Yukiko, from Mirino.

joined May 8, 2011

Admittedly the flow of time isn't really made all too clear. Maybe needed one or two of those long blank strips inbetween. Great as that whole "and i suck" sequence is, I don't think this author knew how to present a "same events, different POV" narrative very well.

To give an overview of the flow of time/bits where the timeline intersect compared to ch11:
ch12 p1-12 = ch11 p1-10 (events taking place while Aki is speaking with Fuu up until they meet up)
ch12 p13 (panel 1-2) = ch11 p13 (Konomi telling Fuu that she's also a succubus)
ch12 p13 (panel 4) = ch11 p14 ("It was for the sake of...")
ch12 p14 = ch11 p15 (Yukiko and Fuu pinky swearing)

I feel like it would've been better had the scenes with repeated dialogue/cuts to Yukiko and Fuu been kept speechless (or at least used scribble text instead of the regular dialogue bubbles) so it could stay focused on the conversation between Konomi and Mirino.

Yeah, this has had to be one of the worst implementations of seeing things again from a different perspective that I've seen in manga. The flow of time is just disjointed and it made me confused enough to think that I missed a chapter or I imagined the previous one. I only remember one other manga I've read that confused me as much in terms of the flow of time (it was also on Dynasty but I don't remember what it was, I just remember it kind of had attempting to be like SHAFT feeling) and I just wish it was handled better.

Po
joined Mar 24, 2021

"The flow of time itself is convoluted" - Solaire

joined Sep 11, 2019

What she probably needs is some lovin'
But I wonder if the author will add another character for Konomi to love or will more shenanigans happen between the three of them still.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

She sure sucks.

joined Jul 24, 2020

what is even happening

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

I really liked the visualization of Konomi's emptiness was really well done. I love it when an author uses the manga format in unusual ways.

joined Jun 11, 2020

Just hoping that it wont end up Yukiko choosing Konomi.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I'd be fine with it, as long as it was developed properly and was not a last-minute swerve.

last edited at Sep 15, 2021 2:38PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I mean, Konomi just admitted to trying to stop her from making up with Fuu in order to make her "more like a succubus". I really can't see them suddenly ending up together after that kind of betrayal.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Chapter 12 was really confusing and incoherent I found. I think maybe it was something with the paneling. I guess the conclusion of the chapter is the two made up so I am just going keep reading hopefully the next chapters flow better.

joined Jul 24, 2020

this is just bad now, dropped

Download
joined Aug 25, 2019

Uh, one of those 'Lewd Crest' is actually just an emblem for Flandre Scarlet.

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

My only takeaway from chapter 13 is that her shirt says "tribadism" and I find that funny.
Why do I read this series?

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

My only takeaway from chapter 13 is that her shirt says "tribadism" and I find that funny.

Trainwreck I guess cause my god I just noticed the hands and YIKES. Page 10 and 11 are the worst about them...also I kinda love that Yukiko's sister use to be a big ass smug player.

last edited at Oct 19, 2021 7:42PM

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I'm just here for the younger couple's antics at this point.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Trainwreck I guess cause my god I just noticed the hands and YIKES. Page 10 and 11 are the worst about them...also I kinda love that Yukiko's sister use to be a big ass smug player.

Yeah it's a trainwreck, and it's honestly hard to read in my opinion. I'm mostly here because I'm curious as to where the author could possibly be taking this, right now it's just kind of awkwardly meandering and feels drawn out.

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

I would bet good money that she has no idea what it means beyond "something in English!" and that this is entirely Mirino's fault somehow.

joined Sep 11, 2014

I don't care about Konomi's feelings at all. She pretty much forced her way into mc's life, drove a wedge between her and her best friend, and basically played around with everyone until mc put her foot down. I don't think she was written on a way that makes people want to root for her, so I'm unsure of the artist's intention.

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Lol they're not trying to make us feel sorry for konomi are they? Cause..lol

Little sister couple is great though.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Lol. All of the human MCs are sliiiightly unhinged, which I like.
It's not just the succubi that are messed up.

last edited at Oct 20, 2021 2:39AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yeah, I'm getting a bit worried as well...

To reply you must either login or sign up.