Forum › Itoshi Koishi discussion

Kanistorshik_octavia_portrait_wallpaper
joined May 9, 2011

So much FLUFF!

joined Jan 3, 2020

Sometimes reading age gap manga I almost get the impression it's socially acceptable for an adult to have sex with a highschooler (And sometimes even a middleschooler) in Japan. It's refreshing to be reassured that it IS actually shunned there.

Thanks to the author, she create a decent sense of an adult character here and shows what a mature person should do, it’s not their fault to be in love but engaging to sexual act has to be refrained until the minor reached her legal age.

Yeah I agree that the author does a great job with their relationship in this manga. When she shows off Hina to her friends, she calls her relationship "pure". This is a rough translation I think, but it means that they aren't doing anything remotely sexual.

Yayoi also goes out of her way to be supportive of Hina, even thinking to herself that if it ends up costing their relationship then she would be upset but that it is her duty as the older party to make sure Hina puts her future first and foremost.

It's basically the ideal moral and responsible relationship between characters with this much of an age gap.

last edited at Sep 27, 2021 4:04PM

joined Jul 24, 2020

thanks for your translations, looking forward to the next chapter!

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

\o/ hurray for communication and reason

joined Feb 21, 2019

\o/ hurray for communication and reason

\o/

joined Feb 18, 2015

Yep... At the rate things are going, her girlfriend will be the adult in the relationship by the time she's a freshman in college.

last edited at Sep 27, 2021 6:08PM

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

Boring baby melodrama

20230425_150259
joined Aug 25, 2021

Always looking forward to when she comes out to her friends. :v

Also, props to that one friend who caught on immediately and just kept quiet.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

\o/ hurray for good friends

last edited at Oct 9, 2021 10:19AM

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

Glad that her friends aren't homophobic

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

I love this manga so much and this chapter literally made me so happy.WHAT A WONDERFUL TIME TO HAVE FRIENDS

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

This... feels like it could be a final chapter. I hope it isn't, but if it is I'm glad it ended on a note like this.

I gotta wonder though, if Micchan's doubts (about how it's harder for same sex couples and all) are from some worries regarding her own feelings.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

One more to go (Chapter 15) and we will be done. I want a real life Hinanon. OK, I will settle for a 2D version. Yes, I have already finished the entire series (1-15), and no, I am not giving you any hint. Well maybe giving the final chapter spoiler would be OK, if we have gone through a couple of months without Chapter 15 being published yet. I would presume a few of you who like the series enough to read the raw, or get a non-English version, by then.

Yes, I <3 Takemiya Jin because she takes no prisoners. Most gay characters are either inside the closet, outted already, or has already come out. But more importantly, she gives no excuse. If you are gay, then you are gay, none of those excuse such as "Senpai and I are childhood friends, I admire her, and I am not gay. " BS. A lot of her works are really Josei or Seinen on one foot, Yuri in the other.

last edited at Oct 9, 2021 2:59PM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Nooooo! Noooo, one more chapter? Awww =n=

I really love this one, it's so good. Also yay, glad coming out went well!!

Glasses friend is crushin' HARD though.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Rena (the Curls) still best girl.

last edited at Oct 10, 2021 9:45AM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Ahhh! Such a cute end!! Loved it! Hope we get an extra or two with workforce Hina!

last edited at Oct 26, 2021 11:19PM

Smol%20profilepic
joined Nov 3, 2020

Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure this is the second sweet age gap romance work by Takemiya Jin that has this ending. The other one is Steps, if I recall correctly...

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

I need more of this. No gimmicky premise to lure readers in. No prolonged drama arcs to stretch serialization length. No giant buildup story that ends when the two finally confess. Just a simple manga following the everyday stories of a couple in love. All my thumbs up.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The fluff has achieved apotheosis.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I need more of this. No gimmicky premise to lure readers in. No prolonged drama arcs to stretch serialization length. No giant buildup story that ends when the two finally confess. Just a simple manga following the everyday stories of a couple in love. All my thumbs up.

Just need stuff that makes me feel happy to follow along sometimes.

...okay a lot of the time lol

last edited at Oct 27, 2021 2:31AM

joined Mar 26, 2021

Now give me 2nd season please

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is why stories where they start out as a couple already or become one very early are my absolute favourites. More fluff, please.

last edited at Oct 27, 2021 9:34AM

Fb_img_1627005325889
joined Apr 26, 2018

Excited for the final extra episode after this.

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

It seems nearly unfair to this magnificent story to call it a "palate cleanser", but after an awful amount of bitter or melodramatic stories I have read lately it truly was a healing experience. This is perhaps what you could call the "ideal" yuri story.

A reasonable age gap with responsible and considerate partners that go through their fair share of troubles, but never stray into true drama territory. The manga acknowledges the challenges same sex couples face, but it keeps an opitmistic outlook. The characters even went through tangible changes, for if you compared them between chapter 1 and 15 it truly does feel like Hinanon grew up and Yayoi became more balanced as a person. All too often narratives that go through an entire section of life (high school) have trouble organically growing their characters up, but not so here.

If there was even the tiniest nitpick I could muster, it is that there was no coming out to the families. Of course we never had any contact with Yayoi's side, but Hinanon's sister and mother would have surely given interesting reactions. Although with Hina's incredible drive and well earned confidence I believe she will doubtlessly make it through that last hurdle as well. As long as Yayoi keeps showing her earnest approach and reliable side any parent should be happy to know their daughter in the good hands of such a woman.

last edited at Oct 27, 2021 3:24PM

joined Jan 3, 2020

This was fantastic; a wholesome Yuri, ideal for heart happiness.

To reply you must either login or sign up.