Forum › Itoshi Koishi discussion

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

It seems nearly unfair to this magnificent story to call it a "palette cleanser", but after an awful amount of bitter or melodramatic stories I have read lately it truly was a healing experience. This is perhaps what you could call the "ideal" yuri story.

I think to cleanse a palette you'd need turpentine, which might be pretty bitter.

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

I think to cleanse a palette you'd need turpentine, which might be pretty bitter.

That's what I get for blindly trusting Word's correction feature I suppose. Nontheless this story purged impurities from my weary mind, so I hardly care about the flavor of the chemical required.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

I don't want it to be over :(

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

While it's a shame to see it end, I'm glad it's not drawn out to the point of overstaying its welcome. What a cute little story.

Also, that dress really shows off just how stacked Hina is. God damn, girl, leave some titty for the rest of us

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This may be the paradigm fluffy age-gap story in all of the land of yuri.

Some very familiar tropes here—the younger girl who is more reliable than the slightly scattered older woman, both with groups of friends whose attitudes they have to negotiate their relationship around—but both of the MCs are highly considerate and respectful of each other as each one helps the other to grow as a person. And as others have pointed out, the conflicts in the story seem natural and organic to the characters.

Even the dreaded “return of the ex-girlfriend” trope resulted in minus degree of drama.

One would almost question why an author would bother setting up such an inherently angst-ridden situation as an age-gap romance if you’re going to totally dispense with the angst, but since this author has already done plenty of drama-ridden and edgy stories (need I mention the zombie-yuri girlfriend?), it comes off like a Formula 1 champion proving their mastery at drag racing.

(I know Takemiya Jin has done fluff before, but this one was just transcendent fluff.)

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Also, that dress really shows off just how stacked Hina is. God damn, girl, leave some titty for the rest of us

I was thinking the exact same thing! I’m glad Yayoi didn’t go cliche nosebleed but I was expecting maybe more of a physical reaction to seeing her in the wedding dress; though I guess her wanting to be married on the spot makes up for it.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Um, can Takemiya sensei make Hinanon 1% heterosexual so that I have a chance..um, I mean I am willing to be Hinanon's #2. (No prize given as to where this idea comes from). :)
Speaking of which, sensei wrote QUITE a few fluffy stuff, unfortunately I do not have time to digest them all, she is prolific.
I wonder how many background scenes were drawn by her partner. Her assistant IS her partner. Some of these scenes are tiring to drawn well, a lot of background or scene stuff, but they can suck out a lot of energy from the artist if the artist just want to concentrate on the front. (ie, characters). Not every artist has an army of assistants like Rumiko Takahashi.

last edited at Oct 29, 2021 6:16AM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I was thinking the exact same thing! I’m glad Yayoi didn’t go cliche nosebleed but I was expecting maybe more of a >physical reaction to seeing her in the wedding dress; though I guess her wanting to be married on the spot makes up for >it.

This is exactly why I feel Hinanon is so sweet. She gives off the air of modesty. Not that "showing off" is bad, but the way she dresses fits her personality. She does not have that "show off" personality, nor she has the personality of "using sex as a weapon and manipulative tool. I cannot even remember when was the last time I read a Yuri-Shoujo manga which the story of the main character REALLY abides the rules of no sex before marriage. For all intention and purposes, she occupies the role of "Virgin" in this manga as opposed to her "Adult" lover, while you can tell that her high school friends are "confused" or cannot figure things out. Too experienced to be clueless, too ignorant to completely understand sex. The very last scene when Hinanon wearing wedding clothes with her friends completely confused, says it all.
Speaking of which, She is a classic example of a Bi. Notice that she seldom, if ever at all, expresses which sex is her preference. This makes her mentality seems even more mature. Such as answer usually make people even more confused...
If you go back to the very first chapter when Hinanon went to visit her lover, the way she talked to herself is completely honest, no fear, no what if, just really the way it is, Sensei never did reveal every thing how they knew each other. And if you think about it, there is actually no need to "play the tape backwards". All we need to know is who is the couple, and what sort of situation they face, and what kind of future they are working on....the type of thinking some out of closet folks think about. If Hinanon explains things to friends as if her partner is male, those friends would have no problem of understanding what is going on. This also shows how little social guidance or non profit organization out there to help couples or young sexual minorities. Many organizations only work with teenagers or College age students. Hinanon would be stuck with one foot to the front, the other still stuck at the back, on top of a bridge.The situation which her lover has already cross the bridge does not necessarily mean her problem is completely resolved. Hinanon still has stuff to work on. This is why, personally, she is the Yuri character that I most admire.

last edited at Oct 29, 2021 6:45AM

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

I like that Hina is a little plump. You rarely see manga characters who aren't skinny, especially romantic interests.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

So, what's left after chapter 15? Or is it just not marked as completed?

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

^
Was wondering the same thing. MD has it marked as complete at chapter 15. And there is the fin at the end of this one...

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

One bonus chapter still to come, and we'll mark it as complete when it does.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

One bonus chapter still to come, and we'll mark it as complete when it does.

It’s now up elsewhere. And cute as all get-out. And NSFW.

And cute.

last edited at Nov 21, 2021 7:27PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Again Hinanon #1 waifu. Find me one please?
As for sex, this one is even milder than Bloom. If there is ever a G rated sex scene, this will be it.

last edited at Nov 22, 2021 1:16AM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Yummy.

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/itoshi_koishi_ch15_5#8
Yuri Aquarium. Yayoi-san has chosen... wisely.

Commendable indeed that they kept their promise to wait until Hina reached the appropiate age. It's a rare feat in this genre and our real world as well.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

OMG THEY DID IT! YEEAAAH!

God this was great, loved this manga. So wholesome... and then very very lewd (and kinda hot) but ngl I fucking love when stories do that.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Isn't "Yuri Aquarium" redundant in manga?

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Thank you for the nipple.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Very heartwarming. Gonna miss this. And yeah what a beautiful nipple.

D5164b27-cfaa-445d-9e4d-39ed256e1b0a
joined Mar 4, 2021

If there is an ‘aquarium date’ tag, I think we’d found a lot yuri tagged there

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

NSFW bonus chapter let's goooooooo

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

A beautiful and heartwarming epilogue to a beautiful and heartwarming yuri story. NSFW is always a plus too - especially when it's purely consensual.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And never has the trademark hentai line “fu-fu—you’re already like this” appeared in a more wholesome context.

(Although Hina does call Yayoi a pervert anyway.)

Kanistorshik_octavia_portrait_wallpaper
joined May 9, 2011

Fan Service Finale

To reply you must either login or sign up.