Forum › That Time I Was Blackmailed By the Class's Green Tea Bitch discussion

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Hair of the dog is a hangover cure. And sometimes it works. I think the line may have been a bit botched (in either the original or the TL) as he isn't being portrayed as malicious. I think the idea is that he was offering to buy her water or get her somewhere (public) to slow down and sober up as both seem to be consenting, in control adults. Although if you're fall down drunk you're not actually this lucid, but hey, it's fiction

joined Jul 26, 2016

Although if you're fall down drunk you're not actually this lucid, but hey, it's fiction

TBH I would not be surprised at all if she was faking much of her inebriation, likely as a gambit to appeal to her current beau's evident chivalrous streak. We're talking about quite the accomplished man-eater here after all - and she certainly seems like she'd rather enjoy getting fussed over by a concerned handsome lad...

bloodonthewater
Bigj
joined Jul 7, 2021

Best thing China has produced since gunpowder... and genocides.

edgelord alert !!

Not what I meant. Genocides aren't cool, It's just that China's history is very bloody and... genocidal. So they produce a lot of the "Best" Genocides around. Not a great... joke or comment but I'll stand by it.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

You think you're straight and then BAM! gay wet dream and then suddenly you're not the same anymore, happens to the best of us.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Those who oppress the power of lesbian love shalt be defeated by it.

Epic mother confrontation somewhere in the future.

joined Jan 3, 2020

This series is so fantastic. Thanks so much for the translation.

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

This manga is pure hype and a pleasure to read. I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!

joined Aug 21, 2017

supportive mom pog

(Also, typo here, should be definitely)

A072566e-7fb8-4b31-9c9a-13fca6b9a7f6
joined May 1, 2020

This series is so heartwarming, thank u for the translation <333

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

never seen the mom as the wing-woman before, very interesting and refreshing

Trappista_cheese_original%20(1)
joined Apr 10, 2020

Glad the mom is on her side, but something tells me she’s going to come up with a whacky and unpredictable plan that will cause more harm than good

Yeah, plus she did state "hope she won't see as idiotic mom who thinks about men" which is something you don't want to hear when asking for advice towards at them.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

me, completely focusing on the wrong thing: why she sleepin with her accessories on

Gotta have the drip while sleeping

I really was thinking, "what kind of psychopath sleeps wearing dangling earrings?" while reading these chapters.

D128327e-fa10-43d2-99c7-a36c49d08390
joined Feb 21, 2018

Glad the mom is on her side, but something tells me she’s going to come up with a whacky and unpredictable plan that will cause more harm than good

Yeah, plus she did state "hope she won't see as idiotic mom who thinks about men" which is something you don't want to hear when asking for advice towards at them.

Who knows what TongTong’s mother has up her sleeves; she’s a gamble, she gives very good advice at times and sometimes she’s just an airhead.

Also, the mother stated “hope she won’t see me as an idiotic mom who thinks about men” is because in the past she wanted to teach TongTong about romance because as you saw from the flashback TongTong wanted to know about love and romance, to which her mother responded with fangirling about guys to TongTong hoping she would go along with the fangirling.

What she didn’t know was TongTong isn’t straight. And so the mother felt bad on her behalf that she to her daughter might’ve look like an airhead mother who talks about nothing but guys, when really she thought she was helping her daughter at the time.

So to your statement I say you interpreted the flashback and the mother’s sentence wrong. You can always get advice from TongTong’s mother and end up fine, no worries.

Trappista_cheese_original%20(1)
joined Apr 10, 2020

Who knows what TongTong’s mother has up her sleeves; she’s a gamble, she gives very good advice at times and sometimes she’s just an airhead.

Also, the mother stated “hope she won’t see me as an idiotic mom who thinks about men” is because in the past she wanted to teach TongTong about romance because as you saw from the flashback TongTong wanted to know about love and romance, to which her mother responded with fangirling about guys to TongTong hoping she would go along with the fangirling.

What she didn’t know was TongTong isn’t straight. And so the mother felt bad on her behalf that she to her daughter might’ve look like an airhead mother who talks about nothing but guys, when really she thought she was helping her daughter at the time.

So to your statement I say you interpreted the flashback and the mother’s sentence wrong. You can always get advice from TongTong’s mother and end up fine, no worries.

I guess I didn't state it clear enough, I can use other example why I support the message of I reply instead of use of what the Mother said, so just to clear of what I really meant is...

...the Mother can be supportive, but sometimes a supportive person can gone off the hill or over supportive and cause harm more than good

last edited at Aug 1, 2021 3:56PM

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Yay, Tongtong had her first wet dream and a supportive mommy!

last edited at Aug 1, 2021 4:56PM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

me, completely focusing on the wrong thing: why she sleepin with her accessories on

Gotta have the drip while sleeping

I really was thinking, "what kind of psychopath sleeps wearing dangling earrings?" while reading these chapters.

I know someone who does that! And they most likely (though it's not confirmed) aren't a psychopath!
So... It happens I guess.
Now if we're talking about the hairclips tho..That's a whole other level of insanity

(Actually the person I know says the clasp is a bit hard to open and close, so they avoid removing them)

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

the moment they held hands in chapter 16 my neighborhood started setting off fireworks
i'm dying

also, the difference between their moms is HUGE
lin luxi's mom SUCK

joined Aug 15, 2017

Everyone is saying Lin Xiao Lu's mother sucks, but like... Leaving the house at night without telling her and then obviously lying about why seems like a legitimate reason for a parent to get angry/concerned.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Everyone is saying Lin Xiao Lu's mother sucks, but like... Leaving the house at night without telling her and then obviously lying about why seems like a legitimate reason for a parent to get angry/concerned.

I think the issue is more about creating an environment where Lin Luxi can never be honest about what she does, e.g. going to meet a friend in the park. That's why the contrast is so striking, as Tongtong immediately tells her mom everything since she trusts her completely, whilst Lin Luxi basically seems to hide her entire life from her mother.

C5zl3ltvmaafkub
joined Apr 21, 2021

u come to read a cute little romance and get a panic attack because you've lived through a controlling mom that makes you feel like lying to her in any situation is the only acceptable solution

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

Yay, Tongtong had her first wet dream and a supportive mommy!

That's her second, she already had one before

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I think the issue is more about creating an environment where Lin Luxi can never be honest about what she does, e.g. going to meet a friend in the park. That's why the contrast is so striking, as Tongtong immediately tells her mom everything since she trusts her completely, whilst Lin Luxi basically seems to hide her entire life from her mother.

Pretty much this. Supportive and accepting primary caretakers raise beautiful cinnamon rolls, while those who impose arbitrary expectations on their children only leave them withdrawn and traumatized to the point of self-denial.

36002568_1838354376215521_8722944858664206336_n
joined Jan 21, 2019

woops i missed the chapters when they came out, good thing i checked today. i have one thing to say:
AAH! SCANDALOUS! HAND-HOLDING! WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!
୧( ಠ Д ಠ )୨
more seriously, it's so nice to see them reunited once again. that mother of lin xiao lu is gonna cause some trouble tho. i wonder how it'll be handled.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

lin luxi's mom making me act up ngl

A833b0da-ef0f-4898-8593-d053f3beae0c
joined Feb 25, 2017

lin luxi's mom making me act up ngl

down baaad

To reply you must either login or sign up.